New ‘HTC One (M8) Prime’ to Pack a Punch; First Set of Specifications and Rumored Release Date Out
By Pavithra Rathinavel | May 7, 2014 4:43 PM EST
In the year 2013, HTC released two devices; the first one is the flagship handset HTC One and the other device is the mammoth HTC One Max phablet. Although HTC One received positive reviews to a great extent and put HTC as one of the top contenders, the HTC One Max phablet did not get the expected traction from the phablet market which was then dominated by Samsung's Note series of devices.
HTC CEO Peter Chou shows the new HTC One M8 phone during a launch event in New York March 25, 2014. REUTERS/Brendan McDermid (Representational Image)
Coming back to this year, HTC released its flagship smartphone, the One (M8) on the same day after announcing the handset. The latest flagship device from HTC still remains as one of the top sellers and the main attraction in the mobile market.
If the reports were true, HTC is not stopping there with M8's success; on the face of it, the company is planning to release a phablet device scheduled for this year, which is codenamed as "HTC One (M8) Prime."
According to a fresh report from HTCSoku (via GforGames), a fan blog, the company's new One (M8) Prime is going to be a high-end phablet that packs the best specifications from all the top contenders.
According to the report, the HTC One (M8) Prime will come with a 5.5 inches Quad HD display with a resolution of 1,440 x 2,560 pixels. The handset is also expected to bring major improvements to hardware and is expected to be powered by a superior quad-core Snapdragon 805 processor (APQ8084 SoC) clocked at 2.3 GHz and and partnered with 3GB of RAM.
The HTC One M8 Prime will feature a 5 MP UltraPixel primary sensor, in addition to an 18 MP secondary shooter, famed for its 'bokeh effect'. It is worth noting that, the HTC One M8 Duo Camera (UltraPixel) functionality was well received by critics and users alike. In addition, the handset is expected to sport USB 3.0 port and 16 GB of internal storage.
It is worth noting that, the other rumored flagship handset from HTC is their compact (Mini) version of the bigger HTC One (M8).
Rumored Release Date
The HTC One M8 Prime is rumored to be released around September 2014, claims Gforgames.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced