Shailene Woodley Update: 'TFIOS' Actress Worst Dressed in Met Gala? See Her Funny Faces with Fellow Stars
By Jenille Cristy Maido | May 7, 2014 4:22 PM EST
The Met Gala is a star-studded event that give the biggest names in the field of entertainment, fashion, and the arts, a moment to flaunt the best of their style in the high profile red carpet. While celebrities pose for the cameras in all their fabulous glory, Shailene Woodley braved the event with shots of funny faces alongside actresses Lena Dunham and Kirsten Dunst.
Actress Shailene Woodley arrives at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York, May 5, 2014. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson
Shailene Woodley and Lena Dunham are enjoying their youth, sporting funny faces for the camera. The photo was uploaded in the official Rodarte Instagram, where other photos of celebrities wearing the brand were also featured. [See the Photo Here]
Woodley, Dunham, and Dunst all wore Rodarte for the night. However, the night became the worst night of fashion for the three, being included in Huffington Post's "Worst Dressed" list alongside other stars that unexpectedly failed the red carpet with their choice of ensemble--notably the usual fashion superstars, Lupita Nyong'o, Elizabeth Olsen, Kate Upton, and Katie Holmes.
Woodley's Rodarte gown is called "bizarre" and "dizzying" by the critics of Huffington Post Live. They also criticised the "Divergent" actress' pixie cut hair as something unlovable, citing that she aged a lot with the look. One commenter shared that pixie hairstyles are difficult to style, for a person can either look "cool" with the right styling, or become a "suburban mom" when it fails.
Shailene Woodley's Rodarte dress is composed of multi prints and a sheer overlay skirt that gives a peek of her lovely legs. Despite the gown failing to highlight her shape and make her a head turner, Woodley seems not to care, enjoying the event and playfully posing for candid shots with fellow stars.
From a different eye, Woodley is still fashionable as she is, ranking #31 in Vogue's "Best Dressed Celebrities" as tweeted by an avid fan. Some fans also noted on Twitter that the "Divergent" star looks like Jennifer Lawrence in a photo with Kirsten Dunst.
Met Gala 2014: The Best Dressed Celebrities - Vogue (Shailene Woodley in #31) http://t.co/WXywSNYCOK
— Shailene Woodley ☪ (@PlanetShailene) May 6, 2014
Shailene Woodley & Kirsten Dunst at MET Gala! (Mary Jane and Mary Jane. Yep.) pic.twitter.com/ZcLpU0Bpok — Shailene Woodley (@ShaileneArmy) May 6, 2014
The Met Gala (formally the Costume Institute Gala) is an annual fundraising event for the benefit of the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute. It is a formal event attended exclusively by the big names in the entertainment, arts, and fashion industry.
Meanwhile, fans can see more of Shailene Woodley's red carpet fashion in the upcoming premiere of the movie "The Fault in Our Stars" It will first screen in the Seattle International Film Festival in May 16, 2014 while the official U.S. release will be on June 6.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 11 Premiere (Episode 1) Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘I Must Have Lost It On The Wind'
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best