‘American Idol’ 2014 Spoilers: AI Season 13 ‘Finals Week 11 – Top 4 Sings Love: Break-ups and Make-ups’ [WATCH VIDEO]
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | May 7, 2014 4:22 PM EST
Get that smile back on your face as this week is expected to be a lovely week on "American Idol" 2014. A little late for Valentine's Day, but the producers were said to have given the Top 4 idol hopefuls the liberty to pick their songs from a variety of "love" songs for this week's live performances.
American Idol host Ryan Seacrest arrives at the 86th Academy Awards in Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
American Idol Season 13 theme for Finals Week 11, TV Line first reported, is "Love: Break-ups and Make-ups," which clearly suggests songs that have something to do with falling out of love and falling in love.
With the American Idol producers reportedly letting the Idol hopefuls choose their songs this week, expectations on the show has been increased with thoughts that finally there's a chance for the contestants to sing songs that they like and not sing songs that they were forced to sing.
UPDATE: Here's the list of "love" songs the Top 4 Idol finalists are singing, according to reports.
1. Caleb Johnson
"Maybe I'm Amazed" by Paul McCartney
"You Give Love a Bad Name" by bon Jovi
2. Jessica Meuse
"You and I" by Lady Gaga
"Since U Been Gone" by Kelly Clarkson
3. Jena Irene Ascuitto
"Can't Help Falling in Love" by Elvis Presley
"Heartbreaker" by Pat Benatar
4. Alex Preston
"Yellow" by Coldplay
"Too Close" by Alex Clare
Last week, the producers of the show came up with a theme to let America choose what the contestants are singing. Apparently, Caleb Johnson was not happy about the idea as he was reported to call his fans "a bunch of retards" for merely suggesting songs to him. But if Johnson went through a rough week with his retard comment, though he apologized afterwards, Sam Woolf has gotten the most difficult week of all.
Woolf has gotten the judges' one save and since then the 18-year-old singer has been expected to be more engaging with the audience. But it appears that last week's performance has eventually weighed him down and America had to let him go.
However, prior to the results, American Idol host Ryan Seacrest had given the Top 5 Idol hopefuls a chance to change the game, which he called the #IdolTwist. Seacrest proposed that the idol hopefuls will be given two options: let go of the contestant with the lowest votes or keep him or her.
It appears that Seacrest's "dramatic proposal" to change the rules didn't appeal to the Idol contestants. In the end, they decided to push through with the normal elimination. Writers from contactmusic even have a thought that the idea might have come from "The Hunger Games," though they never know for sure.
The results show appeared to be a shock to the American Idol Season 13 judges, particularly Jennifer Lopez who couldn't hide the surprised expression on her face when host Ryan Seacrest announced that Sam Woolf would be going home. Keith Urban and Harry Connick Jr. didn't look happy about the result, either.
Only four "American Idol" 2014 contestants remain, including Caleb Johnson, Jessica Meuse, Jena Irene Ascuitto and Alex Preston. Who will get through this week's live performance? Stay tuned on Fox for the results of the show.
WATCH: American Idol 2014 Top 5 Results - #IdolTwist
Source: YouTube/American Idol
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Oct. 20-24 Spoilers: An ‘Unexpected Visitor’ Changes Everything For Sami Plus Updates On Salemites
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Oct. 20-24, 2014, Plus Additional Spoilers For Oct. 27, 2014: Nina Makes Public Rosalie’s Secret
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- U.S. Missile Shield In Europe Opens In Romania: Russia's Reservations Ignored