‘American Idol’ 2014 Spoilers: AI Season 13 ‘Finals Week 11 – Top 4 Sings Love: Break-ups and Make-ups’ [WATCH VIDEO]
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | May 7, 2014 4:22 PM EST
Get that smile back on your face as this week is expected to be a lovely week on "American Idol" 2014. A little late for Valentine's Day, but the producers were said to have given the Top 4 idol hopefuls the liberty to pick their songs from a variety of "love" songs for this week's live performances.
American Idol host Ryan Seacrest arrives at the 86th Academy Awards in Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
American Idol Season 13 theme for Finals Week 11, TV Line first reported, is "Love: Break-ups and Make-ups," which clearly suggests songs that have something to do with falling out of love and falling in love.
With the American Idol producers reportedly letting the Idol hopefuls choose their songs this week, expectations on the show has been increased with thoughts that finally there's a chance for the contestants to sing songs that they like and not sing songs that they were forced to sing.
UPDATE: Here's the list of "love" songs the Top 4 Idol finalists are singing, according to reports.
1. Caleb Johnson
"Maybe I'm Amazed" by Paul McCartney
"You Give Love a Bad Name" by bon Jovi
2. Jessica Meuse
"You and I" by Lady Gaga
"Since U Been Gone" by Kelly Clarkson
3. Jena Irene Ascuitto
"Can't Help Falling in Love" by Elvis Presley
"Heartbreaker" by Pat Benatar
4. Alex Preston
"Yellow" by Coldplay
"Too Close" by Alex Clare
Last week, the producers of the show came up with a theme to let America choose what the contestants are singing. Apparently, Caleb Johnson was not happy about the idea as he was reported to call his fans "a bunch of retards" for merely suggesting songs to him. But if Johnson went through a rough week with his retard comment, though he apologized afterwards, Sam Woolf has gotten the most difficult week of all.
Woolf has gotten the judges' one save and since then the 18-year-old singer has been expected to be more engaging with the audience. But it appears that last week's performance has eventually weighed him down and America had to let him go.
However, prior to the results, American Idol host Ryan Seacrest had given the Top 5 Idol hopefuls a chance to change the game, which he called the #IdolTwist. Seacrest proposed that the idol hopefuls will be given two options: let go of the contestant with the lowest votes or keep him or her.
It appears that Seacrest's "dramatic proposal" to change the rules didn't appeal to the Idol contestants. In the end, they decided to push through with the normal elimination. Writers from contactmusic even have a thought that the idea might have come from "The Hunger Games," though they never know for sure.
The results show appeared to be a shock to the American Idol Season 13 judges, particularly Jennifer Lopez who couldn't hide the surprised expression on her face when host Ryan Seacrest announced that Sam Woolf would be going home. Keith Urban and Harry Connick Jr. didn't look happy about the result, either.
Only four "American Idol" 2014 contestants remain, including Caleb Johnson, Jessica Meuse, Jena Irene Ascuitto and Alex Preston. Who will get through this week's live performance? Stay tuned on Fox for the results of the show.
WATCH: American Idol 2014 Top 5 Results - #IdolTwist
Source: YouTube/American Idol
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money