Hyundai Eon 1.0-Litre Launched in India; Price, Features Details
By greeshma m | May 7, 2014 4:01 PM EST
Korean auto giant Hyundai officially launched the new variant of its entry level small car Eon in India at a price point of 3,83,130 (ex-showroom, New Delhi).
The new avatar of Eon with 1.0 litre Kappa engine will go on sale in India alongside the current 800cc Eon. The Eon's new powerful model will be available only in Magna+ variant. Powered by the advanced 1.0 litre three-cylinder engine, latest Eon is expected to churn out a power of 69PS@6,200 rpm and peak torque at 9.6 kgm at 3500 rpm. The car promises to deliver a fuel efficiency of 20.3 Kmpl (ARAI Certified).
Hyundai Eon, a stylish small car offering in the domestic market competes with Maruti's entry level cars Alto and Alto 800. With the launch of new powerful engine equipped Eon, Hyundai hopes to give stern competition to its rivals.
"Hyundai Eon has been a trendsetter of style, performance, design and finesse in its segment and has received good acceptability and appreciation from its customers. Hyundai consistently innovates to meet and exceed the demands of the customer and the 1.0 litre Kappa engine now offered in Eon is an extension of our modern-premium brand philosophy and will delight our customers with unparalleled driving experience and further consolidate Hyundai's position in the domestic market," B S Seo, Managing Director and CEO, HMIL said at the launch.
Hyundai, which is planning to expand its car line up in India, is expected to launch 2015 i20 in coming months. The car, codenamed 'IB' has been spied testing many times in the country, hinting that the launch is not far.
In April, Hyundai registered 8.78 percent growth in domestic sales, as against the 32,403 vehicles sold in last April. The total sales of the company for the same month declined by 11.81, when compared o the 56,953 units sold in the corresponding month last year.
Image credit: Hyundai press release
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- New Malaysia Airlines Caught in Adelaide Airport Latest Scare
- Formula 1 Chief Sues Google over Sex Party Pictures
- Apple Inc Shifting to 'Lifestyle Brand' Under Tim Cook; Samsung Losing Smartphone Numbers War
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report
- Instagram's Newest App Bolt Now Available Exclusively in New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools