Hyundai Eon 1.0-Litre Launched in India; Price, Features Details
By greeshma m | May 7, 2014 4:01 PM EST
Korean auto giant Hyundai officially launched the new variant of its entry level small car Eon in India at a price point of 3,83,130 (ex-showroom, New Delhi).
The new avatar of Eon with 1.0 litre Kappa engine will go on sale in India alongside the current 800cc Eon. The Eon's new powerful model will be available only in Magna+ variant. Powered by the advanced 1.0 litre three-cylinder engine, latest Eon is expected to churn out a power of 69PS@6,200 rpm and peak torque at 9.6 kgm at 3500 rpm. The car promises to deliver a fuel efficiency of 20.3 Kmpl (ARAI Certified).
Hyundai Eon, a stylish small car offering in the domestic market competes with Maruti's entry level cars Alto and Alto 800. With the launch of new powerful engine equipped Eon, Hyundai hopes to give stern competition to its rivals.
"Hyundai Eon has been a trendsetter of style, performance, design and finesse in its segment and has received good acceptability and appreciation from its customers. Hyundai consistently innovates to meet and exceed the demands of the customer and the 1.0 litre Kappa engine now offered in Eon is an extension of our modern-premium brand philosophy and will delight our customers with unparalleled driving experience and further consolidate Hyundai's position in the domestic market," B S Seo, Managing Director and CEO, HMIL said at the launch.
Hyundai, which is planning to expand its car line up in India, is expected to launch 2015 i20 in coming months. The car, codenamed 'IB' has been spied testing many times in the country, hinting that the launch is not far.
In April, Hyundai registered 8.78 percent growth in domestic sales, as against the 32,403 vehicles sold in last April. The total sales of the company for the same month declined by 11.81, when compared o the 56,953 units sold in the corresponding month last year.
Image credit: Hyundai press release
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date
- Australia's Imam Council Rebuffs Abbott Decision To Send Troops; Wants 'Islamic' Dropped From ISIS
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown