Luke Lewis of Cronulla Sharks Back In the Squad
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | May 7, 2014 3:59 PM EST
Cronulla Sharks winger Luke Lewis made his NRL comeback after replacing injured Todd Carney.
While Karney is suffering from a hamstring injury, Lewis will take over the position in the upcoming clash with Parramatta at Pirtek Stadium on Monday.
Lewis was out of the game as he had to undergo a shoulder reconstruction after an accident during the World Cup campaign in 2013.
"I've done everything I can on the training park in getting fit and getting ready to go, so when it comes Monday night I'm ready to rock 'n roll," Lewis said to AAP on Wednesday.
The 30-year-old Lewis further explained his long hiatus from the field have helped him to shape his focus.
"I've sort of changed a lot of ways of thinking now, I just take each day as it comes ... Mate, if I came back and had to play front row or had to come off the bench or do whatever, I'd just do it ... It's disappointing that I missed the start of the season, but at the end of the day we've still got 17 games and fingers crossed I can enjoy those next 17 rounds and just have some fun playing footy," Lewis said.
The return of Lewis is perfect timing since the opening of the State of Origin match is just three weeks away.
"It's always on your mind; you love nothing more than playing for NSW ... To have that opportunity to put the Blues jersey on again would be awesome, especially after missing a few games ... But whatever they think's right for NSW, we'll all be happy for ... There's nothing I can do now except get ready for the game on Monday and hopefully put my best foot forward there and fingers crossed I get the opportunity and I take that as well if I do get the chance," Lewis concluded
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Lamar Odom’s Hope Of Reuniting With Khloe Kardashian Crushed, ‘KUWTK’ Star Reportedly Dating Wiz Khalifa
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’