Luke Lewis of Cronulla Sharks Back In the Squad
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | May 7, 2014 3:59 PM EST
Cronulla Sharks winger Luke Lewis made his NRL comeback after replacing injured Todd Carney.
While Karney is suffering from a hamstring injury, Lewis will take over the position in the upcoming clash with Parramatta at Pirtek Stadium on Monday.
Lewis was out of the game as he had to undergo a shoulder reconstruction after an accident during the World Cup campaign in 2013.
"I've done everything I can on the training park in getting fit and getting ready to go, so when it comes Monday night I'm ready to rock 'n roll," Lewis said to AAP on Wednesday.
The 30-year-old Lewis further explained his long hiatus from the field have helped him to shape his focus.
"I've sort of changed a lot of ways of thinking now, I just take each day as it comes ... Mate, if I came back and had to play front row or had to come off the bench or do whatever, I'd just do it ... It's disappointing that I missed the start of the season, but at the end of the day we've still got 17 games and fingers crossed I can enjoy those next 17 rounds and just have some fun playing footy," Lewis said.
The return of Lewis is perfect timing since the opening of the State of Origin match is just three weeks away.
"It's always on your mind; you love nothing more than playing for NSW ... To have that opportunity to put the Blues jersey on again would be awesome, especially after missing a few games ... But whatever they think's right for NSW, we'll all be happy for ... There's nothing I can do now except get ready for the game on Monday and hopefully put my best foot forward there and fingers crossed I get the opportunity and I take that as well if I do get the chance," Lewis concluded
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS