Luke Lewis of Cronulla Sharks Back In the Squad
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | May 7, 2014 3:59 PM EST
Cronulla Sharks winger Luke Lewis made his NRL comeback after replacing injured Todd Carney.
While Karney is suffering from a hamstring injury, Lewis will take over the position in the upcoming clash with Parramatta at Pirtek Stadium on Monday.
Lewis was out of the game as he had to undergo a shoulder reconstruction after an accident during the World Cup campaign in 2013.
"I've done everything I can on the training park in getting fit and getting ready to go, so when it comes Monday night I'm ready to rock 'n roll," Lewis said to AAP on Wednesday.
The 30-year-old Lewis further explained his long hiatus from the field have helped him to shape his focus.
"I've sort of changed a lot of ways of thinking now, I just take each day as it comes ... Mate, if I came back and had to play front row or had to come off the bench or do whatever, I'd just do it ... It's disappointing that I missed the start of the season, but at the end of the day we've still got 17 games and fingers crossed I can enjoy those next 17 rounds and just have some fun playing footy," Lewis said.
The return of Lewis is perfect timing since the opening of the State of Origin match is just three weeks away.
"It's always on your mind; you love nothing more than playing for NSW ... To have that opportunity to put the Blues jersey on again would be awesome, especially after missing a few games ... But whatever they think's right for NSW, we'll all be happy for ... There's nothing I can do now except get ready for the game on Monday and hopefully put my best foot forward there and fingers crossed I get the opportunity and I take that as well if I do get the chance," Lewis concluded
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- LA Lakers: Kobe Bryant Attributes Past Outburst Against Dwight Howard To 'Heat Of The Moment,' Doesn't Feel The Same Way As Durant Does
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia