NBA Playoffs Round 2 Results and Highlights: Heat, Spurs Register Easy Wins
By Tarish Bhat | May 7, 2014 3:51 PM EST
The Miami Heat got off to a winning start in the NBA Playoffs second round by defeating the Brooklyn Nets 107-87 at the American Airlines Arena Tuesday.
Miami Heat Rashard Lewis drives to the basket as Brooklyn Nets Paul Pierce defends in game one of the second-round playoff series. Reuters
LeBron James was again the star with 22 points and five rebounds, Chris Bosh added 15 points and 11 rebounds and Dwyane Wade finished with 14 points.
Both teams were evenly matched in the first two quarters, as the Heat were leading the game by just three points at the halftime. In the third quarter, Bosh and Allen pushed Miami's lead to 14 points with a brilliant 24-9 run. The Heat kept the momentum going in the final run of play to further stretch the lead.
"It was great that we were able to come out the way we did after being off eight days," James said. "We got a lot of work in. We had eight days off of not playing a basketball game but Spo got us in the gym. (We) got each other in the gym. We made each other accountable throughout the layoff and it proved tonight."
Deron Williams and Joe Johnson managed only 17 points each, Paul Pierce scored eight, while Kevin Garnett had a terrible 16 minutes on court as he ended without a point for the Nets.
"This is the defending champs," Nets coach Jason Kidd said. "It's always going to be at a high level and we've got to find a way to match it."
In the second game of the day, Tony Parker sparked the San Antonio Spurs in their first game of the series to beat the Portland Trail Blazers 116-92.
Parker ended with 33 points and nine assists, Kawhi Leonard scored 16 points and Tim Duncan finished the game with 12 points and 11 rebounds.
San Antonio played with fluidity and flair, and had everything under control while never trailing in the game.
The Trail Blazers had no answer to the Spurs' quick start as they were trailing by 26 points by the end of the second quarter. Portland played a close third and fourth quarters, but the lead was too big to catch up.
LaMarcus Aldridge scored 32 points and 14 rebounds and Damian Lillard ended with 17 points for the Trail Blazers, but they only managed to score 17 points in the first half, combined.
Catch Brooklyn Nets v Miami Heat match highlights HERE.
Catch Portland Trail Blazers v San Antonio match highlights HERE.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Minnesota Timberwolves 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Wiggins-Rubio Era In Minneapolis Begins
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Dallas Mavericks 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Nowitzki, Ellis Has New Shooting Partner In Parsons
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks