Jason Priestley Reveals in New Memoir: Brad Pitt Didn’t Shower; Shannen Doherty Was a Diva
By Anne Lu | May 7, 2014 3:50 PM EST
Brad Pitt can last for days without showering, Jason Priestley claims. The “Beverly Hills, 90210” star shared some savoury secrets in his new memoir, including Brad’s unhygienic dares. And oh, there’s this thing about his co-star Shannen Doherty’s diva moments.
In his upcoming book, “Jason Priestley: A Memoir,” Jason opens up about the time that he had shared an apartment with another still-unknown actor by the name of Brad Pitt.
They are household names now, but back in 1987, they were still struggling actors who had to share an apartment in Los Angeles.
Jason wrote that Brad has been a little competitive back then, winning their little contests with ease.
“Just for fun, we used to have competitions over who could go the longest without showering and shaving,” the former teen drama star explained.
“Brad always won,” he said. “Having to go on an audition meant cleaning up, which is what usually put an end to the streak.”
As for Shannen, who played his twin sister in “90210,” Jason remembered a time when she unleashed her diva attitude during their first encounter in 1990.
The on-screen siblings were sent on a last-minute trip to New York City on a private plane to meet with their show’s advertisers.
“I could not believe my ears at Shannen’s very first words after she boarded. Her butt had barely hit her seat before she said loudly to the PR person, ‘Really? A town car? You send a town car to take me to the airport, not a limo?’ She sighed a very put-upon sign.
“I laughed as I couldn’t tell if Shannen was kidding or not.”
But Shannen didn’t appear to be kidding.
“I looked on, becoming more uneasy by the minute as she began b****ing about the short notice and the food on board and the temperature in the cabin and everything else,” he continued.
Shannen, meanwhile, has hinted that Jason’s memoir may not be as truthful as he claims it to be.
Memoirs are so funny. The truth is rarely told, after all, they are trying to sell a book.
— Shannen Doherty (@DohertyShannen) May 1, 2014
Shannen isn’t the only “Beverly Hills, 90210” co-star who was singled out by Jason.
He also mentioned being a bit ticked by Tori Spelling after he learnt she sold his wedding invite in a yard sale.
“I happened to be at home watching the local news one night, something I rarely got to do. Tori Spelling’s yard sale made the broadcast that night,” he told Us Weekly magazine.
“I saw my very own wedding invitation on the screen,” he said, adding, “Apparently, it had gone for five bucks, including a personal autograph by Tori. She sold my wedding invitation to a stranger.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Nov. 26, 2014, The Forrester Mansion Is All Decked Out For Thanksgiving With Family And Friends [WATCH VIDEO]
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments