Met Gala 2014 Worst Dress, Top F-List: The Streaker In 'Borat' Pink Thongs
By Tanya Diente | May 7, 2014 3:44 PM EST
The Met Gala 2014 in New York City was full of stars in their beutiful dresses and suits. The event not only showcased designer pieces such as Prada and Givenchy, it also gave viewers liberty to choose their favorite-dressed-star among others. The gala also gave Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez time to goof around and make peace.
A man attempts to streak on the red carpet during arrivals for the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York May 5, 2014. REUTERS/Carlo Allegri
However, the audience present at the event, were not expecting to see another star make a surprising appearance at the Met Gala.
According to DailyMail, a man wearing just a hot-pink "mankini," a chunky gold chain and a smile made a run for the celebrity-strewn red carpet as celebrities preened for photographers. Adding that the scantily-dressed exhibitionist was quite a striking sight during the Met Gala event.
"While some attendees of the gala, such as Rita Ora, had inadvertant wardrobe malfunctions, the unnamed man was ready and willing to show the world what he's made of."
The anonymous streaker made quite an entrance to the gala when he tore off his suit and revealed a pink thong outfit, ala 'Borat' style, and a gold chunky rope chain around his neck.
The onlookers at the event were momentarily distracted from praising their favorite stars, when a streaker in pink thongs walked past them and waived.
Police officers weren't aware at first of the man's intention and dismissed his presence. However, when he tried to push his way through the hallowed grounds of the event, where the stars can be seen posing for the camera, they immediately intercepted him. While the streaker must have been disaapointed by his mission, DailyMail reported he was still seen smiling for the camera as the police hauled him away.
According to Harpers Bazaar, actress Sarah Jessica Parker, who was one of the hosts at the event, was there to witness the intrusion, but she was not bothered.
Similarly, the streaker, added Harpers Bazaar, resembled the man who also interrupted the Prabal Gurung's New York Fashion Week show in February. In that event, he was wearing a metallic leopard-print thong, red socks and a gold king-like crown perched at an odd angle on his head. That time though he accomplished his mission and strutted on the catwalk.
The streaker in pink thongs caused a frenzy in Twitter as fans posted his picture online. Other's even thought it was Madonna who showed up.
— Sarah Fraser (@heyfrase) May 6, 2014
HA! When I heard "streaker" at the Met Gala I thought Madonna had finally arrived.
— ♕ The Rebel ♕ (@MadonnaRebel) May 5, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 11 Premiere (Episode 1) Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘I Must Have Lost It On The Wind'
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design