MET Gala 2014 SelGo & TSwift Reunion: Selena Gomez Finally Understands Taylor Swift was Right About Justin Bieber
By Annie Dee | May 7, 2014 3:29 PM EST
One of the highlights of the MET Gala 2014 was the reunion of Selena Gomez and Taylor Swift. New report claims that Selena Gomez initiated the reunion because she finally forgave Taylor Swift for overstepping her boundards and finally understood what Taylor Swift is warning her against.
Singer Taylor Swift arrives at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York May 5, 2014. REUTERS/Carlo Allegri
Selena Gomez is totally over and done with her boy troubles and she's back to her happy self. She positively shone like the mature lady she is in the MET Gala 2014 in her purple gown. Adding to her glow on the said event is her excitement to see BFF Taylor Swift, who she was in a feud with for quite some time because she chose to be with Justin Bieber again, despite the warnings of Taylor Swift.
Speculators expected Selena Gomez and Taylor Swift to ignore each other on the MET Gala or ignite a feud regarding who wore the better dress, but everyone was pleasantly surprised that the two decided to patch things up. According to Hollywood Life, Selena Gomez was the one who initiated the reunion, and because Taylor Swift has long been trying to reach out to Selena Gomez, patching things up at the charity event went smoothly.
Selena Gomez even posted an adorable picture of them goofing around in the MET Gala while still in their formal gowns. Selena did not initiate the reunion just because she misses her best friend; she finally understood where Taylor's Swift over protectiveness came from.
"Selena was the one who initiated the reunion with Taylor at the Met Gala. Selena contacted Taylor before the event and told her how excited she was to see her," Hollywood Life reports. "She has totally forgiven Taylor for not wanting her to date Justin and now fully understands why Taylor was being so protective."
Selena must be feeling really positive and jovial during the gala that she did not even care if Kendall Jenner was there. Kendall was one of the girls who had allegedly sent inappropriate pictures and text messages to Justin Bieber when Selena and Justin were still together.
"Selena didn't diss Kendall at the ball, but they didn't hang out. Selena was not about to waste her time when she was having so much fun with Taylor. Taylor has a unique way of cheering Selena up, because she knows her so well and really does look out for her," Hollywood Life reports.
Selena Gomez and Taylor Swift patching things up came at the right time. The two can never really be friends if Justin Bieber is still with Selena Gomez and Taylor Swift still not agreeing to the relationship. Now that Justin Bieber is being friendly with other girls, such as Kylie Jenner and Yovanna Ventura, Selena Gomez can realize her mistake of going back to him as Taylor Swift warned, and yet not feel too bad with the latter cheering her up. After all, they have once called each other the closest thing to a sister that they did not have.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage