MET Gala 2014 SelGo & TSwift Reunion: Selena Gomez Finally Understands Taylor Swift was Right About Justin Bieber
By Annie Dee | May 7, 2014 3:29 PM EST
One of the highlights of the MET Gala 2014 was the reunion of Selena Gomez and Taylor Swift. New report claims that Selena Gomez initiated the reunion because she finally forgave Taylor Swift for overstepping her boundards and finally understood what Taylor Swift is warning her against.
Singer Taylor Swift arrives at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York May 5, 2014. REUTERS/Carlo Allegri
Selena Gomez is totally over and done with her boy troubles and she's back to her happy self. She positively shone like the mature lady she is in the MET Gala 2014 in her purple gown. Adding to her glow on the said event is her excitement to see BFF Taylor Swift, who she was in a feud with for quite some time because she chose to be with Justin Bieber again, despite the warnings of Taylor Swift.
Speculators expected Selena Gomez and Taylor Swift to ignore each other on the MET Gala or ignite a feud regarding who wore the better dress, but everyone was pleasantly surprised that the two decided to patch things up. According to Hollywood Life, Selena Gomez was the one who initiated the reunion, and because Taylor Swift has long been trying to reach out to Selena Gomez, patching things up at the charity event went smoothly.
Selena Gomez even posted an adorable picture of them goofing around in the MET Gala while still in their formal gowns. Selena did not initiate the reunion just because she misses her best friend; she finally understood where Taylor's Swift over protectiveness came from.
"Selena was the one who initiated the reunion with Taylor at the Met Gala. Selena contacted Taylor before the event and told her how excited she was to see her," Hollywood Life reports. "She has totally forgiven Taylor for not wanting her to date Justin and now fully understands why Taylor was being so protective."
Selena must be feeling really positive and jovial during the gala that she did not even care if Kendall Jenner was there. Kendall was one of the girls who had allegedly sent inappropriate pictures and text messages to Justin Bieber when Selena and Justin were still together.
"Selena didn't diss Kendall at the ball, but they didn't hang out. Selena was not about to waste her time when she was having so much fun with Taylor. Taylor has a unique way of cheering Selena up, because she knows her so well and really does look out for her," Hollywood Life reports.
Selena Gomez and Taylor Swift patching things up came at the right time. The two can never really be friends if Justin Bieber is still with Selena Gomez and Taylor Swift still not agreeing to the relationship. Now that Justin Bieber is being friendly with other girls, such as Kylie Jenner and Yovanna Ventura, Selena Gomez can realize her mistake of going back to him as Taylor Swift warned, and yet not feel too bad with the latter cheering her up. After all, they have once called each other the closest thing to a sister that they did not have.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- BlackBerry Passport Video Leak, Release Date, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate [Watch YouTube Clip] --Reports