Viral Video: ‘Harry Potter’ vs. ‘Star Wars’ – Remarkable Similarities in Magical Powers [Watch]
By Sachin Trivedi | May 7, 2014 3:25 PM EST
A fan made video showing a fight between a "Harry Potter" fan and a "Star Wars" fan has gone viral, with over 7 million views. A wizard's wand and a Lightsaber are used in the fight as magical spells take on the power of The Force.
A woman wears a Yoda mask on the back of her head as she takes pictures of a show before the Star Wars Run race ahead of Star Wars Day in Buenos Aires May 3, 2014. REUTERS/Marcos Brindicci
The viral video is of two friends in an apartment who get into a fight. One seems to be a "Harry Potter" fan and takes out his wand and later gets the Sword of Gryffindor. His opponent wields a Lightsaber and is strong in The Force.
The fight seems to be one sided with the "Star Wars" fan being able to block the spells using his Lightsaber and the "Harry Potter" fan is not able to block the Force attacks from his opponent, even his Gryffindor sword gets cut in half by the Lightsaber.
The fans seem to have put in some effort for the viral video for the graphics and also tried to mimic the looks from the movies. The "Harry Potter" fan got the similar glasses worn by the protagonist in the movie while the "Star Wars" fan sported the hairstyle of Obi Wan Kenobi from The Phantom Menace.
The "Harry Potter" fan repeatedly seems to be losing with even his broom not helping him much. The "Star Wars" fan is able to pull out his blaster after throwing his Lighsaber at his opponent.
The Potter fan demonstrates the levitation spell and the "Star Wars" fan is able to Force Jump and Force Push abilities. Viewers finally see whose side the creators of the viral video are on, in the final battle on the street.
In both the movies, the protagonists get help from ghosts. The "Star Wars" fan hears a voice speaking to him just like in the movies but then the voice of what seems like that of The Emperor urges him to use the Dark Side of the Force while the "Harry Potter" fan hears profanities being hurled at the character's father.
Towards the end of the viral video the "Star Wars" fan uses the Force Lightning skill to defeat the "Harry Potter" fan and "kill" him using his Lightsaber. A bystander in the video is seen shouting "Gandalf" in the end, but that is the name of a character from the "Lord of the Rings" movies.
More Articles to Read
'Game of Thrones' Season 4 Episode 5 Recap: More Marriages are Coming [Read]
'The Amazing Race' Season 24 Episode 10 Recap - Bull Down [Read]
J.J. Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan Post Video Selfie on "Star Wars" Day [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2: Jessica Talks After Her Shocking Elimination
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks