It's Twins Again for Federer; Withdraws from Madrid Open
By Shruthi SU | May 7, 2014 3:14 PM EST
Roger Federer has withdrawn from Madrid Open to be with his wife Mirka Vavrinec and new born twins - Leo and Lenny.
The father of four-year-old twins announced on Tuesday evening that his wife had given birth to twins again.
Earlier, he had apologized to his fans for not being able to make it to Madrid and was hopeful to rejoin the tour soon.
"I've decided to withdraw from Madrid to be with my wife Mirka during these next few exciting weeks for our family," the former World no. 1 said.
"I apologize to my fans and hope to be back in Madrid next year. I'll be training near my home, and am excited to rejoin the Tour soon!"
His fans hope that Federer will make it to the French Open that starts 25 May. Federer has played every single grand slam from the last 14 years - 57 straight grand slams starting from the Australian Open in 2000 -- and the birth of his two daughters, Myla Rose and Charlene Riva, came in the five-week break after the Wimbledon in 2009 in July. This time too, the birth of Leo and Lenny has come at the perfect time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS