Sony Xperia Z2 Now Selling for Users in the United States at $799 Ahead of Official Release in Summer
By Ryan Inoyori | May 7, 2014 3:06 PM EST
At last, Sony Xperia Z2 has been made available in the United States ahead of its official release by summer. However, interested buyers will need to buy the smartphone at a higher price just to have it as soon as possible.
Sony Xperia Z2 for U.S.
Sony Mobile planned the official release of their current Android smartphone, Xperia Z2, in summer of 2014 but for those who cannot wait till then, an option is available. GSMNation is now selling Sony Xperia Z2 D6503 unlocked for interested buyers in the United States.
However, the smartphone costs higher compared to other territories at $799 per unit due to earlier release. Buyers may also enrol the smartphone to Square Trade Drops and Spills Protection for $75 to get one year protection while the two year protection plan costs $135. Xperia Z2 D6503 at GSMNation is available in three colour schemes - while, black and purple - with packages comprised of an in-ear headphone, battery charger, user's guide and the smartphone itself.
Specs and Compatibility
The unlocked version of Xperia Z2 D6503 at GSMNation is compatible with AT&T and T-Mobile network coverage, and can utilise the 4G-LTE network as well. Sadly, subscribers under Sprint, Verizon Wireless or other CDMA-based network are unable to use the device due to incompatibility.
Square Trade's Drop and Spills Protection plans cover users from accidental drops in case of accidental damage and protect the device from normal use of mechanical or electrical failure on certain parts such as touch screen panel and battery pack.
Here are the technical specifications of Xperia Z2 D6503:
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- 5.2 inch of screen display with 1080 x 1920 full HD resolution
- IPS LCD display technology with Triluminous and X-Reality engines
- 2.3 GHz Krait 400 quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor
- Adreno 330 graphics processing unit
- 3 GB of RAM
- 16 GB internal storage with microSD card support of up to 64 GB
- IP 58 certification for dust and water resistances
- Shatter proof and scratch resistance glass
- Dual front stereo speakers
- 20.7 MP Sony G lens primary camera
- 2.2 MP Exmor secondary camera
- Battery life of up to 19 hours of standard usage time
Sony Xperia Z2 is expected to become fully available by summer, replacing its earlier mid-April launching due to very high supply demands.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop