Sony Xperia Z2 Now Selling for Users in the United States at $799 Ahead of Official Release in Summer
By Ryan Inoyori | May 7, 2014 3:06 PM EST
At last, Sony Xperia Z2 has been made available in the United States ahead of its official release by summer. However, interested buyers will need to buy the smartphone at a higher price just to have it as soon as possible.
Sony Xperia Z2 for U.S.
Sony Mobile planned the official release of their current Android smartphone, Xperia Z2, in summer of 2014 but for those who cannot wait till then, an option is available. GSMNation is now selling Sony Xperia Z2 D6503 unlocked for interested buyers in the United States.
However, the smartphone costs higher compared to other territories at $799 per unit due to earlier release. Buyers may also enrol the smartphone to Square Trade Drops and Spills Protection for $75 to get one year protection while the two year protection plan costs $135. Xperia Z2 D6503 at GSMNation is available in three colour schemes - while, black and purple - with packages comprised of an in-ear headphone, battery charger, user's guide and the smartphone itself.
Specs and Compatibility
The unlocked version of Xperia Z2 D6503 at GSMNation is compatible with AT&T and T-Mobile network coverage, and can utilise the 4G-LTE network as well. Sadly, subscribers under Sprint, Verizon Wireless or other CDMA-based network are unable to use the device due to incompatibility.
Square Trade's Drop and Spills Protection plans cover users from accidental drops in case of accidental damage and protect the device from normal use of mechanical or electrical failure on certain parts such as touch screen panel and battery pack.
Here are the technical specifications of Xperia Z2 D6503:
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- 5.2 inch of screen display with 1080 x 1920 full HD resolution
- IPS LCD display technology with Triluminous and X-Reality engines
- 2.3 GHz Krait 400 quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor
- Adreno 330 graphics processing unit
- 3 GB of RAM
- 16 GB internal storage with microSD card support of up to 64 GB
- IP 58 certification for dust and water resistances
- Shatter proof and scratch resistance glass
- Dual front stereo speakers
- 20.7 MP Sony G lens primary camera
- 2.2 MP Exmor secondary camera
- Battery life of up to 19 hours of standard usage time
Sony Xperia Z2 is expected to become fully available by summer, replacing its earlier mid-April launching due to very high supply demands.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L Rollout Prediction: Nexus 4, Moto X, HTC One, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S4, LG G2
- ‘World Of Warcraft Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update For The Classes Including Druid, Rogue And Priest [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Weekend Event For San Andreas Flight School Update And A Deals With Gold Offer
- Samsung Galaxy S4 vs. HTC One M8 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- Xbox One And 360 Updates: MTV, Twitch App Announced As New 500GB Hard Drive Gets Revealed
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members