Sony Xperia Z2 Now Selling for Users in the United States at $799 Ahead of Official Release in Summer
By Ryan Inoyori | May 7, 2014 3:06 PM EST
At last, Sony Xperia Z2 has been made available in the United States ahead of its official release by summer. However, interested buyers will need to buy the smartphone at a higher price just to have it as soon as possible.
Sony Xperia Z2 for U.S.
Sony Mobile planned the official release of their current Android smartphone, Xperia Z2, in summer of 2014 but for those who cannot wait till then, an option is available. GSMNation is now selling Sony Xperia Z2 D6503 unlocked for interested buyers in the United States.
However, the smartphone costs higher compared to other territories at $799 per unit due to earlier release. Buyers may also enrol the smartphone to Square Trade Drops and Spills Protection for $75 to get one year protection while the two year protection plan costs $135. Xperia Z2 D6503 at GSMNation is available in three colour schemes - while, black and purple - with packages comprised of an in-ear headphone, battery charger, user's guide and the smartphone itself.
Specs and Compatibility
The unlocked version of Xperia Z2 D6503 at GSMNation is compatible with AT&T and T-Mobile network coverage, and can utilise the 4G-LTE network as well. Sadly, subscribers under Sprint, Verizon Wireless or other CDMA-based network are unable to use the device due to incompatibility.
Square Trade's Drop and Spills Protection plans cover users from accidental drops in case of accidental damage and protect the device from normal use of mechanical or electrical failure on certain parts such as touch screen panel and battery pack.
Here are the technical specifications of Xperia Z2 D6503:
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- 5.2 inch of screen display with 1080 x 1920 full HD resolution
- IPS LCD display technology with Triluminous and X-Reality engines
- 2.3 GHz Krait 400 quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor
- Adreno 330 graphics processing unit
- 3 GB of RAM
- 16 GB internal storage with microSD card support of up to 64 GB
- IP 58 certification for dust and water resistances
- Shatter proof and scratch resistance glass
- Dual front stereo speakers
- 20.7 MP Sony G lens primary camera
- 2.2 MP Exmor secondary camera
- Battery life of up to 19 hours of standard usage time
Sony Xperia Z2 is expected to become fully available by summer, replacing its earlier mid-April launching due to very high supply demands.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Hits Battle Frontier Plus New Discoveries
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Essential Tips For Nexus 6: Camera And Entertainment, Notifications And Privacy, Battery
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' Starter Tips And Tricks: Character Creation, Combat Modes, Party, Looting, War Table
- Vodafone Australia Software Update Weekly Wrap For Nov. 20: Blackberry, HTC, Huawei, Samsung And Sony
- HTC One M9: Speculations on Release Date, Specs And Features
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports