Sony Xperia Z2 Now Selling for Users in the United States at $799 Ahead of Official Release in Summer
By Ryan Inoyori | May 7, 2014 3:06 PM EST
At last, Sony Xperia Z2 has been made available in the United States ahead of its official release by summer. However, interested buyers will need to buy the smartphone at a higher price just to have it as soon as possible.
Sony Xperia Z2 for U.S.
Sony Mobile planned the official release of their current Android smartphone, Xperia Z2, in summer of 2014 but for those who cannot wait till then, an option is available. GSMNation is now selling Sony Xperia Z2 D6503 unlocked for interested buyers in the United States.
However, the smartphone costs higher compared to other territories at $799 per unit due to earlier release. Buyers may also enrol the smartphone to Square Trade Drops and Spills Protection for $75 to get one year protection while the two year protection plan costs $135. Xperia Z2 D6503 at GSMNation is available in three colour schemes - while, black and purple - with packages comprised of an in-ear headphone, battery charger, user's guide and the smartphone itself.
Specs and Compatibility
The unlocked version of Xperia Z2 D6503 at GSMNation is compatible with AT&T and T-Mobile network coverage, and can utilise the 4G-LTE network as well. Sadly, subscribers under Sprint, Verizon Wireless or other CDMA-based network are unable to use the device due to incompatibility.
Square Trade's Drop and Spills Protection plans cover users from accidental drops in case of accidental damage and protect the device from normal use of mechanical or electrical failure on certain parts such as touch screen panel and battery pack.
Here are the technical specifications of Xperia Z2 D6503:
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- 5.2 inch of screen display with 1080 x 1920 full HD resolution
- IPS LCD display technology with Triluminous and X-Reality engines
- 2.3 GHz Krait 400 quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor
- Adreno 330 graphics processing unit
- 3 GB of RAM
- 16 GB internal storage with microSD card support of up to 64 GB
- IP 58 certification for dust and water resistances
- Shatter proof and scratch resistance glass
- Dual front stereo speakers
- 20.7 MP Sony G lens primary camera
- 2.2 MP Exmor secondary camera
- Battery life of up to 19 hours of standard usage time
Sony Xperia Z2 is expected to become fully available by summer, replacing its earlier mid-April launching due to very high supply demands.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 KitKat Still Delayed for Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3
- Before Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: TwitchPlaysPokemon Goes X and Y, More Events and More Gym Leader Info
- PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
- Xbox One News: Games with Gold for August Announced; Updates for Progress in China
- The SIMS 4 on Sept 2 Release: Low Demands Specs, No Toddlers or Pools and 3 Premium Packs
- Manchester United Transfer News: Wilfried Zaha Might Stay After Impressing Van Gaal Against Inter [VIDEO]
- Grimm Season 4 Spoilers: Comic-Con Answers Served, Nick 'Un-Grimmed' Affects His Wesen Friends' Honeymoon
- Transfer News: Ron Vlaar to Consider Villa Exit, May Move to Tottenham
- AS Roma's Seydou Keita Throws Water Bottle at Real Madrid defender Pepe for Spitting [VIDEO]
- The Mentalist Season 7 Spoilers: CBS Skips Simon Baker's Patrick Jane in Fall Schedule, Josie Loren Joins Cast