Sony Xperia Z2 Now Selling for Users in the United States at $799 Ahead of Official Release in Summer
By Ryan Inoyori | May 7, 2014 3:06 PM EST
At last, Sony Xperia Z2 has been made available in the United States ahead of its official release by summer. However, interested buyers will need to buy the smartphone at a higher price just to have it as soon as possible.
Sony Xperia Z2 for U.S.
Sony Mobile planned the official release of their current Android smartphone, Xperia Z2, in summer of 2014 but for those who cannot wait till then, an option is available. GSMNation is now selling Sony Xperia Z2 D6503 unlocked for interested buyers in the United States.
However, the smartphone costs higher compared to other territories at $799 per unit due to earlier release. Buyers may also enrol the smartphone to Square Trade Drops and Spills Protection for $75 to get one year protection while the two year protection plan costs $135. Xperia Z2 D6503 at GSMNation is available in three colour schemes - while, black and purple - with packages comprised of an in-ear headphone, battery charger, user's guide and the smartphone itself.
Specs and Compatibility
The unlocked version of Xperia Z2 D6503 at GSMNation is compatible with AT&T and T-Mobile network coverage, and can utilise the 4G-LTE network as well. Sadly, subscribers under Sprint, Verizon Wireless or other CDMA-based network are unable to use the device due to incompatibility.
Square Trade's Drop and Spills Protection plans cover users from accidental drops in case of accidental damage and protect the device from normal use of mechanical or electrical failure on certain parts such as touch screen panel and battery pack.
Here are the technical specifications of Xperia Z2 D6503:
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- 5.2 inch of screen display with 1080 x 1920 full HD resolution
- IPS LCD display technology with Triluminous and X-Reality engines
- 2.3 GHz Krait 400 quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor
- Adreno 330 graphics processing unit
- 3 GB of RAM
- 16 GB internal storage with microSD card support of up to 64 GB
- IP 58 certification for dust and water resistances
- Shatter proof and scratch resistance glass
- Dual front stereo speakers
- 20.7 MP Sony G lens primary camera
- 2.2 MP Exmor secondary camera
- Battery life of up to 19 hours of standard usage time
Sony Xperia Z2 is expected to become fully available by summer, replacing its earlier mid-April launching due to very high supply demands.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions