Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini: Smartphone Model Listing Spotted in Official Finland Web Site?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | May 7, 2014 2:36 PM EST
Previous reports have been buzzing on the Mini version of the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone with the model number SM-G800. The latest reports claim that the smartphone's model listing was spotted in Samsung's official Finland Web site.
However, the GSMArena report noted that the Web page listing seems to be a placeholder without any additional information on the device available. The Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini is expected to be a trimmed-down version with the features and specs of a 4.5-inch screen display having 720p resolution, a 1.6GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor and 1.5GB of RAM.
Other expected Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini features and specs include the 8MP rear-facing camera, 1.5MP front-facing camera, Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS, 16GB internal storage capacity, 2100mAh battery and water-resistance with the IP67 rating comparable to its bigger version.
As for the Samsung Galaxy S5 fingerprint scanner and heart rate monitor features, it is still uncertain where the Mini version will have them. The report further noted Samsung's plan of launching the Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo soon.
The alleged higher end smartphone version is claimed to be in the works with the model number SM-G750. The leaked details on the handset reveal that the Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo will have a 5.1-inch screen display with 720p resolution and 2.3GHz CPU.
According to the HNGN report, the South Korean technology giant followed the success of the Samsung Galaxy S5 release with the launch of other devices such as the Samsung Galaxy S5 Crystal Edition and the Samsung Galaxy K Zoom, the descendant of the Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom.
Another device reported to be the latest addition to Samsung's device lineup is the metal-cased Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime. In a previous report, the "Prime" version is expected to be released in June 2014 after the device appeared in Samsung's Find My Mobile page having the model number SM-G906S.
Meanwhile, the Engadget report revealed Samsung's upcoming event where a new conversation will begin regarding health. Click HERE to see photo.
The Samsung invite asked to save the May 28 date for the health-related event that will take place in San Francisco. The Engadget report further speculated that the event could be about the upcoming sensors and components provided that the invite came from Samsung's Semiconductor arm.
More Articles to Read:
Samsung Galaxy S5 'Prime' Set for a June 2014 Release? - [READ]
Nokia Lumia 1020: Windows Phone Handset to Document the Underwater Diving Expedition Called 'Mission 31' - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Hits Battle Frontier Plus New Discoveries
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Essential Tips For Nexus 6: Camera And Entertainment, Notifications And Privacy, Battery
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' Starter Tips And Tricks: Character Creation, Combat Modes, Party, Looting, War Table
- Vodafone Australia Software Update Weekly Wrap For Nov. 20: Blackberry, HTC, Huawei, Samsung And Sony
- HTC One M9: Speculations on Release Date, Specs And Features
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- Julie Bishop Condemns Barack Obama For Overlooking Australia’s Commitment in Protecting Great Barrier Reef