Cody Simpson and Gigi Haddid Called It Quits—Find Out the Reason Why
By charmaine corne clutton | May 7, 2014 12:46 PM EST
The two lovers, who have rocked the internet for their steamy music video, have now called it quits. Cody Simpson, 17, and Gigi Haddid, 19, are now single after almost being a year together.
"Their busy schedules and living on opposite coasts have made it nearly impossible for the two of them to give the relationship the attention that it needs," Simpson's rep tells E! News in a statement. "They decided that rather than let things sour that they split up in hopes that their lives might someday bring them back together. They remain close friends and will continue to show their support for one and other." E! News confirms in a report.
The model's rep has yet to comment on the sad issue that has befallen on her and her ex-boyfriend.
The news comes as a shock to all of their fans all over the globe as they were still seen really close during the Radio Disney Music Awards in Los Angeles last April 8. It is good to know, however, that the two are handling the situation like adults, and that no third party was involved in the breakup. Reps from the two camps maintain that the two are still the best of friends and that the breakup was amicable.
Cody Simpson tries to take his mind off from his recent breakup by making new music. "This next album feels like my first. feelin so new. this is MY album too. older with the confidence to get the artistic freedom I've needed," the singer tweeted last Sunday. Haddid, on the other hand, kept herself busy as she attended hairstylist Harry Josh's party in New York City last Saturday.
Gigi Haddid is known for gracing the well-renowned 2014 Sports Illistrated Swimsuit issue. Haddid is also busy taping a music video not with her ex-boyfrind but with Miguel's upcoming music videos. Cody Simpson is also excelling in "Dancing with the Stars."
Even at such a young age, the teen lovers were able to captivate their fans with their hot and steamy "Surfboard" music video.
Here's the "Surfboard" video featuring Cody Simpson and his then girlfriend Gigi Haddid.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Transfer News: Manchester United's Possible Transfer Options For This Season
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Make Their Big Brother Proud
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- Kanye West's 2010 Album 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' is Album of the Decade
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- James Foley: ISIS Demanded Multimillion Ransom, US Refused To Pay---Reports