Cody Simpson and Gigi Haddid Called It Quits—Find Out the Reason Why
By charmaine corne clutton | May 7, 2014 12:46 PM EST
The two lovers, who have rocked the internet for their steamy music video, have now called it quits. Cody Simpson, 17, and Gigi Haddid, 19, are now single after almost being a year together.
"Their busy schedules and living on opposite coasts have made it nearly impossible for the two of them to give the relationship the attention that it needs," Simpson's rep tells E! News in a statement. "They decided that rather than let things sour that they split up in hopes that their lives might someday bring them back together. They remain close friends and will continue to show their support for one and other." E! News confirms in a report.
The model's rep has yet to comment on the sad issue that has befallen on her and her ex-boyfriend.
The news comes as a shock to all of their fans all over the globe as they were still seen really close during the Radio Disney Music Awards in Los Angeles last April 8. It is good to know, however, that the two are handling the situation like adults, and that no third party was involved in the breakup. Reps from the two camps maintain that the two are still the best of friends and that the breakup was amicable.
Cody Simpson tries to take his mind off from his recent breakup by making new music. "This next album feels like my first. feelin so new. this is MY album too. older with the confidence to get the artistic freedom I've needed," the singer tweeted last Sunday. Haddid, on the other hand, kept herself busy as she attended hairstylist Harry Josh's party in New York City last Saturday.
Gigi Haddid is known for gracing the well-renowned 2014 Sports Illistrated Swimsuit issue. Haddid is also busy taping a music video not with her ex-boyfrind but with Miguel's upcoming music videos. Cody Simpson is also excelling in "Dancing with the Stars."
Even at such a young age, the teen lovers were able to captivate their fans with their hot and steamy "Surfboard" music video.
Here's the "Surfboard" video featuring Cody Simpson and his then girlfriend Gigi Haddid.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate