Nokia ‘Superman’ Makes Waves With Its High Resolution Camera
By Naveena Joy | May 7, 2014 12:37 PM EST
Nokia is reportedly making news in the phone industry with its plan to launch its Windows 8.1 smartphone later this year.
The highlight of this new handset is a high-resolution 5 MP front-facing camera, which is a must feature these days as users are more attracted to selfie-taking smartphones.
According to reports, Nokia phone codenamed, "Superman," will be among the first smartphones released after Microsoft's acquisition of Nokia's phone business. Also, it is believed the Superman handset is expected to be a mid-range smartphone that will sport a 4.7-inch display.
Surprisingly, Nokia focuses on its front-facing camera this time as compared to its other devices where it focused only on its rear camera. Although HTC's recently released One (M8) also features a 5 MP front-facing camera and has Huawei Ascend P6 and Ascend G6, the Lenovo Vibe X and even the Blue Life Pro, the feature on Nokia is unusual. This clearly shows Nokia is bending toward the markets' success rate of smartphones.
Microsoft could be planning to market Nokia Superman for its ultimate camera feature, but the launch is set by end of 2014. Nokia has a series of new phones this year, including the three new Lumia smartphones: Lumia 930, Lumia 630 and Lumia 635.
Microsoft is currently working on two new updates for Windows Phone 8.1 known as General Distribution Releases (GDRs). GDR1 is likely to be released in the middle of this year and GDR2 is expected at the same time with Nokia Superman.
There are some details offered by sources on the upcoming Microsoft-Nokia hardware - the "Goldfinger." It is a handset that we've been hearing about in the past and expected to feature a unique "3DTouch" trait that can detect gestures that don't involve the user touching the device.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Motorola Droid Turbo v. Sony Xperia Z3: Camera Details, Battery Life And Durability
- ‘GTA V': 1.18 Update, Zombie DLC Release Date To Welcome Halloween
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Motorola Droid Turbo vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Apps And Services, Camera Features, Battery Life And Durability
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight