Nokia ‘Superman’ Makes Waves With Its High Resolution Camera
By Naveena Joy | May 7, 2014 12:37 PM EST
Nokia is reportedly making news in the phone industry with its plan to launch its Windows 8.1 smartphone later this year.
The highlight of this new handset is a high-resolution 5 MP front-facing camera, which is a must feature these days as users are more attracted to selfie-taking smartphones.
According to reports, Nokia phone codenamed, "Superman," will be among the first smartphones released after Microsoft's acquisition of Nokia's phone business. Also, it is believed the Superman handset is expected to be a mid-range smartphone that will sport a 4.7-inch display.
Surprisingly, Nokia focuses on its front-facing camera this time as compared to its other devices where it focused only on its rear camera. Although HTC's recently released One (M8) also features a 5 MP front-facing camera and has Huawei Ascend P6 and Ascend G6, the Lenovo Vibe X and even the Blue Life Pro, the feature on Nokia is unusual. This clearly shows Nokia is bending toward the markets' success rate of smartphones.
Microsoft could be planning to market Nokia Superman for its ultimate camera feature, but the launch is set by end of 2014. Nokia has a series of new phones this year, including the three new Lumia smartphones: Lumia 930, Lumia 630 and Lumia 635.
Microsoft is currently working on two new updates for Windows Phone 8.1 known as General Distribution Releases (GDRs). GDR1 is likely to be released in the middle of this year and GDR2 is expected at the same time with Nokia Superman.
There are some details offered by sources on the upcoming Microsoft-Nokia hardware - the "Goldfinger." It is a handset that we've been hearing about in the past and expected to feature a unique "3DTouch" trait that can detect gestures that don't involve the user touching the device.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Plus Sold Out Apple Store Crash Due to Pre-orders: Where to Place Your Orders and the Packages Offered in the US and UK
- Minecraft: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang Makers of Minecraft Today
- iPhone 6 Released: The 5 Biggest and Best Smartphones Of 2014: Their Best Features And Price Comparisons
- Xbox One News: Playable Games In Browser And Possible ‘Gears of War’ Exclusivity Reported
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Smart Pen Revealed As Gear Blink Gets Possible March 2015 Launch Date
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- US Government Threatened Yahoo to Provide User Data: If not Pay a Fine of $250,000 per day
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List
- Pope Francis Blasted For Defying Catholic Doctrine, Marries 20 Couples Who Have Cohabited And Had Children In No Else But St Peter's Basilica