'MasterChef Australia' is Back with Season 6, Premiered Monday, May 5
By Jenille Cristy Maido | May 7, 2014 12:19 PM EST
The "MasterChef" kitchen is once again open and as described it is "void of all branding and is styled simply yet beautifully to represent a market with pallets of mouth-watering produce stacked around the set." All the three judges-Preston, George Calombaris and Gary Mehigan-are set along with other guest mentors. All the contestants filled with passion for cooking are on the go. As the "MasterChef" lives the philosophy of "Ordinary People, Extraordinary Food," the show promises the best home cook foods in the country as well as the most delicious, mouth-watering, and well-presented dishes in the shows running-from the first five seasons.
The premiere of the series showed 50 contestants striving to be the best chef in the country. These people joined the show for the most common reasons like they love cooking, they love food and things like that we might have heard in the contestants of the past seasons of the famous cooking reality show. The contestants range from students to engineers. There are teachers, lawyer, electricians and flight attendants. Aside from the distinction of being the best chef, all of the contestants are fighting for a sum of $250,000. But with the bunch of contestants earning large dough for their jobs, the money may not be what they are in the show for.
For this season, the contestants have already raised the bar of praises of the judges. The judges was shown quipping words like "unbelievable," "amazing," "exceptional" and other adjective to describe outstanding taste and presentation of foods.
But what really is to expect this season?
"The recipe with Shine for this new series was simple: we wanted to celebrate everything about MasterChef Australia that has made it such a brilliant success...That starts and ends with the best home cooks, fresh and inventive challenges, and incredible, mouth-watering food...This will definitely be a season to savour," said Network Ten's "MasterChef Australia" Executive Producer, Rick Maier in an interview reported by News.com.au.
Meanwhile, "MasterChef Australia Season 6" want to lift up the ratings since last season was not that high. On Monday's airing, the show on Network Ten gathered 1.1 million viewers nationally.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June