'MasterChef Australia' is Back with Season 6, Premiered Monday, May 5
By Jenille Cristy Maido | May 7, 2014 12:19 PM EST
The "MasterChef" kitchen is once again open and as described it is "void of all branding and is styled simply yet beautifully to represent a market with pallets of mouth-watering produce stacked around the set." All the three judges-Preston, George Calombaris and Gary Mehigan-are set along with other guest mentors. All the contestants filled with passion for cooking are on the go. As the "MasterChef" lives the philosophy of "Ordinary People, Extraordinary Food," the show promises the best home cook foods in the country as well as the most delicious, mouth-watering, and well-presented dishes in the shows running-from the first five seasons.
The premiere of the series showed 50 contestants striving to be the best chef in the country. These people joined the show for the most common reasons like they love cooking, they love food and things like that we might have heard in the contestants of the past seasons of the famous cooking reality show. The contestants range from students to engineers. There are teachers, lawyer, electricians and flight attendants. Aside from the distinction of being the best chef, all of the contestants are fighting for a sum of $250,000. But with the bunch of contestants earning large dough for their jobs, the money may not be what they are in the show for.
For this season, the contestants have already raised the bar of praises of the judges. The judges was shown quipping words like "unbelievable," "amazing," "exceptional" and other adjective to describe outstanding taste and presentation of foods.
But what really is to expect this season?
"The recipe with Shine for this new series was simple: we wanted to celebrate everything about MasterChef Australia that has made it such a brilliant success...That starts and ends with the best home cooks, fresh and inventive challenges, and incredible, mouth-watering food...This will definitely be a season to savour," said Network Ten's "MasterChef Australia" Executive Producer, Rick Maier in an interview reported by News.com.au.
Meanwhile, "MasterChef Australia Season 6" want to lift up the ratings since last season was not that high. On Monday's airing, the show on Network Ten gathered 1.1 million viewers nationally.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft