'MasterChef Australia' is Back with Season 6, Premiered Monday, May 5
By Jenille Cristy Maido | May 7, 2014 12:19 PM EST
The "MasterChef" kitchen is once again open and as described it is "void of all branding and is styled simply yet beautifully to represent a market with pallets of mouth-watering produce stacked around the set." All the three judges-Preston, George Calombaris and Gary Mehigan-are set along with other guest mentors. All the contestants filled with passion for cooking are on the go. As the "MasterChef" lives the philosophy of "Ordinary People, Extraordinary Food," the show promises the best home cook foods in the country as well as the most delicious, mouth-watering, and well-presented dishes in the shows running-from the first five seasons.
The premiere of the series showed 50 contestants striving to be the best chef in the country. These people joined the show for the most common reasons like they love cooking, they love food and things like that we might have heard in the contestants of the past seasons of the famous cooking reality show. The contestants range from students to engineers. There are teachers, lawyer, electricians and flight attendants. Aside from the distinction of being the best chef, all of the contestants are fighting for a sum of $250,000. But with the bunch of contestants earning large dough for their jobs, the money may not be what they are in the show for.
For this season, the contestants have already raised the bar of praises of the judges. The judges was shown quipping words like "unbelievable," "amazing," "exceptional" and other adjective to describe outstanding taste and presentation of foods.
But what really is to expect this season?
"The recipe with Shine for this new series was simple: we wanted to celebrate everything about MasterChef Australia that has made it such a brilliant success...That starts and ends with the best home cooks, fresh and inventive challenges, and incredible, mouth-watering food...This will definitely be a season to savour," said Network Ten's "MasterChef Australia" Executive Producer, Rick Maier in an interview reported by News.com.au.
Meanwhile, "MasterChef Australia Season 6" want to lift up the ratings since last season was not that high. On Monday's airing, the show on Network Ten gathered 1.1 million viewers nationally.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]