'MasterChef Australia' is Back with Season 6, Premiered Monday, May 5
By Jenille Cristy Maido | May 7, 2014 12:19 PM EST
The "MasterChef" kitchen is once again open and as described it is "void of all branding and is styled simply yet beautifully to represent a market with pallets of mouth-watering produce stacked around the set." All the three judges-Preston, George Calombaris and Gary Mehigan-are set along with other guest mentors. All the contestants filled with passion for cooking are on the go. As the "MasterChef" lives the philosophy of "Ordinary People, Extraordinary Food," the show promises the best home cook foods in the country as well as the most delicious, mouth-watering, and well-presented dishes in the shows running-from the first five seasons.
The premiere of the series showed 50 contestants striving to be the best chef in the country. These people joined the show for the most common reasons like they love cooking, they love food and things like that we might have heard in the contestants of the past seasons of the famous cooking reality show. The contestants range from students to engineers. There are teachers, lawyer, electricians and flight attendants. Aside from the distinction of being the best chef, all of the contestants are fighting for a sum of $250,000. But with the bunch of contestants earning large dough for their jobs, the money may not be what they are in the show for.
For this season, the contestants have already raised the bar of praises of the judges. The judges was shown quipping words like "unbelievable," "amazing," "exceptional" and other adjective to describe outstanding taste and presentation of foods.
But what really is to expect this season?
"The recipe with Shine for this new series was simple: we wanted to celebrate everything about MasterChef Australia that has made it such a brilliant success...That starts and ends with the best home cooks, fresh and inventive challenges, and incredible, mouth-watering food...This will definitely be a season to savour," said Network Ten's "MasterChef Australia" Executive Producer, Rick Maier in an interview reported by News.com.au.
Meanwhile, "MasterChef Australia Season 6" want to lift up the ratings since last season was not that high. On Monday's airing, the show on Network Ten gathered 1.1 million viewers nationally.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Sept. 22-26 Spoilers: Updates On Nick And Sharon’s Wedding, Hilary, Neil, Phyllis, Chelsea, Billy And More
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- Xiaomi Mi4 v. Moto X (2014) – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown