'MasterChef Australia' is Back with Season 6, Premiered Monday, May 5
By Jenille Cristy Maido | May 7, 2014 12:19 PM EST
The "MasterChef" kitchen is once again open and as described it is "void of all branding and is styled simply yet beautifully to represent a market with pallets of mouth-watering produce stacked around the set." All the three judges-Preston, George Calombaris and Gary Mehigan-are set along with other guest mentors. All the contestants filled with passion for cooking are on the go. As the "MasterChef" lives the philosophy of "Ordinary People, Extraordinary Food," the show promises the best home cook foods in the country as well as the most delicious, mouth-watering, and well-presented dishes in the shows running-from the first five seasons.
The premiere of the series showed 50 contestants striving to be the best chef in the country. These people joined the show for the most common reasons like they love cooking, they love food and things like that we might have heard in the contestants of the past seasons of the famous cooking reality show. The contestants range from students to engineers. There are teachers, lawyer, electricians and flight attendants. Aside from the distinction of being the best chef, all of the contestants are fighting for a sum of $250,000. But with the bunch of contestants earning large dough for their jobs, the money may not be what they are in the show for.
For this season, the contestants have already raised the bar of praises of the judges. The judges was shown quipping words like "unbelievable," "amazing," "exceptional" and other adjective to describe outstanding taste and presentation of foods.
But what really is to expect this season?
"The recipe with Shine for this new series was simple: we wanted to celebrate everything about MasterChef Australia that has made it such a brilliant success...That starts and ends with the best home cooks, fresh and inventive challenges, and incredible, mouth-watering food...This will definitely be a season to savour," said Network Ten's "MasterChef Australia" Executive Producer, Rick Maier in an interview reported by News.com.au.
Meanwhile, "MasterChef Australia Season 6" want to lift up the ratings since last season was not that high. On Monday's airing, the show on Network Ten gathered 1.1 million viewers nationally.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Spoilers: Juice Ratting Gemma Out To Jax, Unser Helping New Sheriff
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- Jennifer Lopez And Iggy Azalea Show Off Their Incredible Bodies In Risqué Artwork Of 'Booty' Remix
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Google Nexus 6 Release May Be the New Google Nexus X Smartphone as New Details Emerge
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps