'Amazing SpiderMan 2' Actress Emma Stone Suffering from Anorexia? Defends Thin Frame
By charmaine corne clutton | May 7, 2014 12:01 PM EST
Fans cannot help but rave about Gwen Stacy (Emma Stone) in the movie "Amazing Spiderman 2." Despite the box-office success of the movie, the actress who portrayed the blonde, crossed lover of Spidey just cannot get out of controversies. Emma Stone fought back against her critics who claim that she is suffering from eating problems resulting in her conspicuous thin frame.
Actress Emma Stone arrives at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York May 5, 2014. REUTERS/Carlo Allegri
The "Easy A" actress defended herself during an interview with Seventeen.com. The interview primarily revolved around how to feel good in one's own skin and how the actress constantly faces criticism about her weight.
"It can be really challenging in today's world for anyone-especially girls and women-to feel good about their bodies. No matter how things look from the outside, we can all be super critical of ourselves and of our image in the mirror," Stone said during the interview to Seventeen.com
When asked about her weight, Emma Stone did not try to sugar coat her answer and instead replied:
"I've seen articles or comments that have addressed my weight, or 'caving to pressure to be thin.' Keeping weight on is a struggle for me-especially when I'm under stress, and especially as I've gotten older. That's the way my genes have decided to go, and things will change as time goes on, as does everything."
"So when completely untrue statements are made about me or my health, of course a part of me wants to defend. Thing is, people have a right to imagine what they want to imagine. My job at those moments is to tell myself the truth. Am I taking care of myself in a healthy way? Am I respecting myself and being responsible? And over and over, I answer yes to that question," Stone further mentioned to the publication.
What does Andrew Garfield have to say about Emma's thin frame?
The "Amazing Spiderman 2" actor had no words but praises for his girlfriend. The actor has always been raving about how Emma. The actor feels like "he just woke up" after meeting the bubbly actress. Emma Stone feels equally the same about Andrew Garfield - no wonder the two are often touted as the cutest couple in Hollywood.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop