'Amazing SpiderMan 2' Actress Emma Stone Suffering from Anorexia? Defends Thin Frame
By charmaine corne clutton | May 7, 2014 12:01 PM EST
Fans cannot help but rave about Gwen Stacy (Emma Stone) in the movie "Amazing Spiderman 2." Despite the box-office success of the movie, the actress who portrayed the blonde, crossed lover of Spidey just cannot get out of controversies. Emma Stone fought back against her critics who claim that she is suffering from eating problems resulting in her conspicuous thin frame.
Actress Emma Stone arrives at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York May 5, 2014. REUTERS/Carlo Allegri
The "Easy A" actress defended herself during an interview with Seventeen.com. The interview primarily revolved around how to feel good in one's own skin and how the actress constantly faces criticism about her weight.
"It can be really challenging in today's world for anyone-especially girls and women-to feel good about their bodies. No matter how things look from the outside, we can all be super critical of ourselves and of our image in the mirror," Stone said during the interview to Seventeen.com
When asked about her weight, Emma Stone did not try to sugar coat her answer and instead replied:
"I've seen articles or comments that have addressed my weight, or 'caving to pressure to be thin.' Keeping weight on is a struggle for me-especially when I'm under stress, and especially as I've gotten older. That's the way my genes have decided to go, and things will change as time goes on, as does everything."
"So when completely untrue statements are made about me or my health, of course a part of me wants to defend. Thing is, people have a right to imagine what they want to imagine. My job at those moments is to tell myself the truth. Am I taking care of myself in a healthy way? Am I respecting myself and being responsible? And over and over, I answer yes to that question," Stone further mentioned to the publication.
What does Andrew Garfield have to say about Emma's thin frame?
The "Amazing Spiderman 2" actor had no words but praises for his girlfriend. The actor has always been raving about how Emma. The actor feels like "he just woke up" after meeting the bubbly actress. Emma Stone feels equally the same about Andrew Garfield - no wonder the two are often touted as the cutest couple in Hollywood.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2: Jessica Talks After Her Shocking Elimination
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes