'Amazing SpiderMan 2' Actress Emma Stone Suffering from Anorexia? Defends Thin Frame
By charmaine corne clutton | May 7, 2014 12:01 PM EST
Fans cannot help but rave about Gwen Stacy (Emma Stone) in the movie "Amazing Spiderman 2." Despite the box-office success of the movie, the actress who portrayed the blonde, crossed lover of Spidey just cannot get out of controversies. Emma Stone fought back against her critics who claim that she is suffering from eating problems resulting in her conspicuous thin frame.
Actress Emma Stone arrives at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York May 5, 2014. REUTERS/Carlo Allegri
The "Easy A" actress defended herself during an interview with Seventeen.com. The interview primarily revolved around how to feel good in one's own skin and how the actress constantly faces criticism about her weight.
"It can be really challenging in today's world for anyone-especially girls and women-to feel good about their bodies. No matter how things look from the outside, we can all be super critical of ourselves and of our image in the mirror," Stone said during the interview to Seventeen.com
When asked about her weight, Emma Stone did not try to sugar coat her answer and instead replied:
"I've seen articles or comments that have addressed my weight, or 'caving to pressure to be thin.' Keeping weight on is a struggle for me-especially when I'm under stress, and especially as I've gotten older. That's the way my genes have decided to go, and things will change as time goes on, as does everything."
"So when completely untrue statements are made about me or my health, of course a part of me wants to defend. Thing is, people have a right to imagine what they want to imagine. My job at those moments is to tell myself the truth. Am I taking care of myself in a healthy way? Am I respecting myself and being responsible? And over and over, I answer yes to that question," Stone further mentioned to the publication.
What does Andrew Garfield have to say about Emma's thin frame?
The "Amazing Spiderman 2" actor had no words but praises for his girlfriend. The actor has always been raving about how Emma. The actor feels like "he just woke up" after meeting the bubbly actress. Emma Stone feels equally the same about Andrew Garfield - no wonder the two are often touted as the cutest couple in Hollywood.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’ First Photo Of Lex Luthor Leaked, Jesse Eisenberg On Villain’s Role And Plot Details Revealed
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones