'Amazing SpiderMan 2' Actress Emma Stone Suffering from Anorexia? Defends Thin Frame
By charmaine corne clutton | May 7, 2014 12:01 PM EST
Fans cannot help but rave about Gwen Stacy (Emma Stone) in the movie "Amazing Spiderman 2." Despite the box-office success of the movie, the actress who portrayed the blonde, crossed lover of Spidey just cannot get out of controversies. Emma Stone fought back against her critics who claim that she is suffering from eating problems resulting in her conspicuous thin frame.
Actress Emma Stone arrives at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York May 5, 2014. REUTERS/Carlo Allegri
The "Easy A" actress defended herself during an interview with Seventeen.com. The interview primarily revolved around how to feel good in one's own skin and how the actress constantly faces criticism about her weight.
"It can be really challenging in today's world for anyone-especially girls and women-to feel good about their bodies. No matter how things look from the outside, we can all be super critical of ourselves and of our image in the mirror," Stone said during the interview to Seventeen.com
When asked about her weight, Emma Stone did not try to sugar coat her answer and instead replied:
"I've seen articles or comments that have addressed my weight, or 'caving to pressure to be thin.' Keeping weight on is a struggle for me-especially when I'm under stress, and especially as I've gotten older. That's the way my genes have decided to go, and things will change as time goes on, as does everything."
"So when completely untrue statements are made about me or my health, of course a part of me wants to defend. Thing is, people have a right to imagine what they want to imagine. My job at those moments is to tell myself the truth. Am I taking care of myself in a healthy way? Am I respecting myself and being responsible? And over and over, I answer yes to that question," Stone further mentioned to the publication.
What does Andrew Garfield have to say about Emma's thin frame?
The "Amazing Spiderman 2" actor had no words but praises for his girlfriend. The actor has always been raving about how Emma. The actor feels like "he just woke up" after meeting the bubbly actress. Emma Stone feels equally the same about Andrew Garfield - no wonder the two are often touted as the cutest couple in Hollywood.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues