Samsung Galaxy Tab S to be Released Soon? Features and Specs [Rumours]
By Sachin Trivedi | May 7, 2014 11:31 AM EST
In what some tech buffs consider to be device spamming by Samsung, the company is rumoured to be preparing to launch yet another tablet. Here is a look at the rumoured features and specs of the device.
Samsung Electronics' Galaxy Tab (front) and Apple's iPad are seen in Seoul, in this May 13, 2013 file picture illustration. A U.S. jury on May 2, 2014, ordered Samsung Electronics Co Ltd to pay $119.6 million to Apple Inc, after it found the South Korean smartphone maker had infringed two Apple patents. During the month-long trial in a San Jose, California, federal court, Apple accused Samsung of violating patents on smartphone features including universal search, while Samsung denied wrongdoing. REUTERS/Kim Hong-Ji/Files
According to a report published in Sammobile, Samsung is preparing to launch two variants of a new tablet series called the Galaxy Tab S. The two variants, according to the report, will have 8.4 inch and 10.5 inch display screens.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S is reported to be the first device from the company to come with 2560 x 1600 AMOLED display. The report points out that the company had tried the Super AMOLED Plus display technology in the Galaxy Tab 7.7, but the technology at the time was still new and its come a long way since 2011.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S will reportedly be equipped with a Exynos 5 SoC with big.LITTLE octa-core processor (four 1.9GHz Cortex-A15 cores and four 1.3GHz Cortex-A7 cores.) The RAM on the device is said to be 3 GB.
It should be pointed out that the company recently launched the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro tablet devices in 8.4 inch, 10.1 inch and 12.2 inch variants. Some fans question the rationale behind flooding the market with devices in similar categories.
Perhaps a strong reason for the company to launch a new device, apart from the massive display resolution, is the fingerprint scanner feature. The Samsung Galaxy Tab S may be the first tablet from the company to feature this technology.
The fingerprint scanner is expected to be similar to the one found in the Samsung Galaxy S5. It may be used to make PayPal payments, access the private folder and login to Samsung Apps. The company will also reportedly offer a new feature called Multi-User login, the functionality is said to make use of the native multi-user functionality found on Android and allow the user to login to the account by swiping a finger on the home button.
The company is said to have dropped the 3G version of the device and only four variants of the Samsung Galaxy Tab S may be launched, this would be the Wi-Fi and LTE variants of both the 8.4 inch and the 10.5 inch variants
More Articles to Read
Motorola Moto E Release Date in a Week? Rumoured Specifications [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- ‘GTA 5’ Online Updates Radio For PS4, Xbox One As Rockstar Brings Allies For New Sale
- Sony Xperia Z3 Five Things Unveiled: 2 Metres Water-Resistance, Sprint US, Specifications, LTE Certification, Sports Sensor
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen