Dr. Dre Buys Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen LA Mansion
By Rachelle Corpuz | May 7, 2014 11:29 AM EST
Celebrities buying other celebrities' houses are increasingly becoming a trend in the entertainment industry. In the past weeks, a number of celebrities have been reported to have bought the houses of their fellow celebrities such as Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting, who bought Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom's Tarzana mansion, and Khloe, who bought Justin Bieber's Calabasas property. The latest addition in the list of celebrities who buy other's celebrities' houses is American rapper Dr. Dre. It has been revealed that Dr. Dre is interested to buy the Los Angeles mansion of New England Patriots' quarterback Tom Brady and supermodel wife Gisele Bundchen.
NFL football player Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen arrive at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of \"Charles James: Beyond Fashion\" in Upper Manhattan, New York May 5, 2014.
According to TMZ, Dr. Dre has fallen in love with the property after it was put up in the market for sale in March. Tom and Gisele's asking price was reportedly an astounding $50 million. It may be an awful lot of money for some, but for Dr. Dre, it isn't. According to the popular entertainment gossip Web site, Dr. Dre's approximate net worth is $350 million as ranked in the Forbes' richest hip-hop stars of 2013 list.
"Multiple interested parties ready to put offers on the house, but Dre swooped in with a solid offer first, and T & G decided to sell it to the Doc," wrote TMZ.
The deal isn't finalised yet, but sources revealed "it's close" to being completed.
Tom and Giselle arre reportedly offering their mansion fully-furnished, everything for Dr. Dre's comfort. However, sources close to the rapper said that Dr. Dre doesn't want a "fully-furnished deal" because he has his own furniture and "stuff" to put in the house.
Tom and Giselle's Los Angeles mansion has been featured in Architectural Digest. It measures 14,000 square feet which was built using different types of limestones. It has six bedrooms, a winding driveway leading towards a pond, a stone-bridge with a trench filled with koi fish, a garden and a swimming pool. Architect Richard Landry, who worked on the house, said that the mansion is an "elegant interpretation of old-world European architecture."
Tom and Gisele currently have a new mansion under construction. It is situated in Brooklyn, Massachusetts, which features five bedrooms, four bathrooms, spa, motor court, wine cellar, library room and yoga studio. It is anticipated to be completed in July.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Ana Ivanovic Posts a Hot Selfie on Instagram after her San Francisco Photo-Shoot
- Transfer News: In Demand Everton Midfielder Silence Speculations by Penning New Deal [VIDEO]
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Reebok Launches Bacon Line to Lure CrossFit and Paleo Diet Fans
- Transfer News: Star Midfielder Pledges Future with Manchester City [VIDEO]
- ACT Party's Demand to Re Consider Maoris Privileges Evokes Reprimand