Dr. Dre Buys Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen LA Mansion
By Rachelle Corpuz | May 7, 2014 11:29 AM EST
Celebrities buying other celebrities' houses are increasingly becoming a trend in the entertainment industry. In the past weeks, a number of celebrities have been reported to have bought the houses of their fellow celebrities such as Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting, who bought Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom's Tarzana mansion, and Khloe, who bought Justin Bieber's Calabasas property. The latest addition in the list of celebrities who buy other's celebrities' houses is American rapper Dr. Dre. It has been revealed that Dr. Dre is interested to buy the Los Angeles mansion of New England Patriots' quarterback Tom Brady and supermodel wife Gisele Bundchen.
NFL football player Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen arrive at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of \"Charles James: Beyond Fashion\" in Upper Manhattan, New York May 5, 2014.
According to TMZ, Dr. Dre has fallen in love with the property after it was put up in the market for sale in March. Tom and Gisele's asking price was reportedly an astounding $50 million. It may be an awful lot of money for some, but for Dr. Dre, it isn't. According to the popular entertainment gossip Web site, Dr. Dre's approximate net worth is $350 million as ranked in the Forbes' richest hip-hop stars of 2013 list.
"Multiple interested parties ready to put offers on the house, but Dre swooped in with a solid offer first, and T & G decided to sell it to the Doc," wrote TMZ.
The deal isn't finalised yet, but sources revealed "it's close" to being completed.
Tom and Giselle arre reportedly offering their mansion fully-furnished, everything for Dr. Dre's comfort. However, sources close to the rapper said that Dr. Dre doesn't want a "fully-furnished deal" because he has his own furniture and "stuff" to put in the house.
Tom and Giselle's Los Angeles mansion has been featured in Architectural Digest. It measures 14,000 square feet which was built using different types of limestones. It has six bedrooms, a winding driveway leading towards a pond, a stone-bridge with a trench filled with koi fish, a garden and a swimming pool. Architect Richard Landry, who worked on the house, said that the mansion is an "elegant interpretation of old-world European architecture."
Tom and Gisele currently have a new mansion under construction. It is situated in Brooklyn, Massachusetts, which features five bedrooms, four bathrooms, spa, motor court, wine cellar, library room and yoga studio. It is anticipated to be completed in July.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Fernando Alonso Leaves Ferrari 'For Two Reasons'
- Roger Federer Says He Has Never Seen Rafael Nadal Play So Bad, Wishes That The Spaniard Recuperate Well From Appendicitis
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight