Prince William Flies Economy Class, 'Not Impressive', Fans Said
By Tanya Diente | May 7, 2014 10:56 AM EST
Prince William was spotted by a fellow passenger aboard an economy class flight from Memphis to Dallas on Sunday, May 4. The Prince was onboard American Airlines and was travelling back home to UK from Guy Pelly's (a family friend) wedding in Memphis.
Britain's Prince William, his wife Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge and their son Prince George disembark from their plane after arriving in Wellington April 7, 2014. The Prince and his wife Kate are undertaking a 19-day official visit to New Zealand and Australia with their son George. REUTERS/Phil Noble
Prince William was recently in America with his brother Prince Harry, but Harry wasn't onboard the same flight.
Eli Ross, a US television reporter, was the passenger aboard the same economy class flight as the prince. When he saw the Duke of Cambridge, he took a snapshot of clearly the prince's back view (his head) and posted it to Twitter.
"I am still amazed #Prince William flies COACH. That's pretty humble/awesome. Who knew?" Ross captioned the photo.
The post was re-tweeted 75 times, with fans showing their appreciation and "like" over the prince's humility.
— Eli Ross (@local24eli) May 5, 2014
DailyMail reported that Eli Ross saw the prince sit by the window and reportedly ordered a bottle of water, which he paid himself, during the one-hour-and-30 minute flight.
This is not the first time though that the Royal couple took cheaper flights. On 2011, Prince William and wife Kate Middleton surprised passengers when they settle into seats with the rest of the public after boarding a Flybe jet in Edinburgh. They were on an hour flight back to Manchester after attending friends Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall's wedding in Edinburgh.
The queen had reportedly urged her family during the recession to avoid extravagant expenses.
Despite this appreciation of Prince William, others are quick to contest that flying economy class is nothing to be impressed about. Below are the comments gathered from DailyMail on Prince William's economy flight from Memphis to Dalls.
"It is just an internal flight of 1 hour 30 minutes so not that impressive as this is easily bearable. If he took a long whole flight from states to UK in Economy then that would be different." - Snake Plissken, United Kingdom
"The flight was only an hour long, he'd survive." - Heisenberg, Albuquerque, United States
"Memphis to Dallas, that's only 400 miles. Big deal." - nickspezio, pittsburgh PA
"He has the front row seat which has a lot more leg room. Stick him in economy on the return flight to New Zealand then I might be impressed." - St George, Burford, United Kingdom
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery