Prince William Flies Economy Class, 'Not Impressive', Fans Said
By Tanya Diente | May 7, 2014 10:56 AM EST
Prince William was spotted by a fellow passenger aboard an economy class flight from Memphis to Dallas on Sunday, May 4. The Prince was onboard American Airlines and was travelling back home to UK from Guy Pelly's (a family friend) wedding in Memphis.
Britain's Prince William, his wife Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge and their son Prince George disembark from their plane after arriving in Wellington April 7, 2014. The Prince and his wife Kate are undertaking a 19-day official visit to New Zealand and Australia with their son George. REUTERS/Phil Noble
Prince William was recently in America with his brother Prince Harry, but Harry wasn't onboard the same flight.
Eli Ross, a US television reporter, was the passenger aboard the same economy class flight as the prince. When he saw the Duke of Cambridge, he took a snapshot of clearly the prince's back view (his head) and posted it to Twitter.
"I am still amazed #Prince William flies COACH. That's pretty humble/awesome. Who knew?" Ross captioned the photo.
The post was re-tweeted 75 times, with fans showing their appreciation and "like" over the prince's humility.
— Eli Ross (@local24eli) May 5, 2014
DailyMail reported that Eli Ross saw the prince sit by the window and reportedly ordered a bottle of water, which he paid himself, during the one-hour-and-30 minute flight.
This is not the first time though that the Royal couple took cheaper flights. On 2011, Prince William and wife Kate Middleton surprised passengers when they settle into seats with the rest of the public after boarding a Flybe jet in Edinburgh. They were on an hour flight back to Manchester after attending friends Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall's wedding in Edinburgh.
The queen had reportedly urged her family during the recession to avoid extravagant expenses.
Despite this appreciation of Prince William, others are quick to contest that flying economy class is nothing to be impressed about. Below are the comments gathered from DailyMail on Prince William's economy flight from Memphis to Dalls.
"It is just an internal flight of 1 hour 30 minutes so not that impressive as this is easily bearable. If he took a long whole flight from states to UK in Economy then that would be different." - Snake Plissken, United Kingdom
"The flight was only an hour long, he'd survive." - Heisenberg, Albuquerque, United States
"Memphis to Dallas, that's only 400 miles. Big deal." - nickspezio, pittsburgh PA
"He has the front row seat which has a lot more leg room. Stick him in economy on the return flight to New Zealand then I might be impressed." - St George, Burford, United Kingdom
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build