Prince William Flies Economy Class, 'Not Impressive', Fans Said
By Tanya Diente | May 7, 2014 10:56 AM EST
Prince William was spotted by a fellow passenger aboard an economy class flight from Memphis to Dallas on Sunday, May 4. The Prince was onboard American Airlines and was travelling back home to UK from Guy Pelly's (a family friend) wedding in Memphis.
Britain's Prince William, his wife Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge and their son Prince George disembark from their plane after arriving in Wellington April 7, 2014. The Prince and his wife Kate are undertaking a 19-day official visit to New Zealand and Australia with their son George. REUTERS/Phil Noble
Prince William was recently in America with his brother Prince Harry, but Harry wasn't onboard the same flight.
Eli Ross, a US television reporter, was the passenger aboard the same economy class flight as the prince. When he saw the Duke of Cambridge, he took a snapshot of clearly the prince's back view (his head) and posted it to Twitter.
"I am still amazed #Prince William flies COACH. That's pretty humble/awesome. Who knew?" Ross captioned the photo.
The post was re-tweeted 75 times, with fans showing their appreciation and "like" over the prince's humility.
— Eli Ross (@local24eli) May 5, 2014
DailyMail reported that Eli Ross saw the prince sit by the window and reportedly ordered a bottle of water, which he paid himself, during the one-hour-and-30 minute flight.
This is not the first time though that the Royal couple took cheaper flights. On 2011, Prince William and wife Kate Middleton surprised passengers when they settle into seats with the rest of the public after boarding a Flybe jet in Edinburgh. They were on an hour flight back to Manchester after attending friends Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall's wedding in Edinburgh.
The queen had reportedly urged her family during the recession to avoid extravagant expenses.
Despite this appreciation of Prince William, others are quick to contest that flying economy class is nothing to be impressed about. Below are the comments gathered from DailyMail on Prince William's economy flight from Memphis to Dalls.
"It is just an internal flight of 1 hour 30 minutes so not that impressive as this is easily bearable. If he took a long whole flight from states to UK in Economy then that would be different." - Snake Plissken, United Kingdom
"The flight was only an hour long, he'd survive." - Heisenberg, Albuquerque, United States
"Memphis to Dallas, that's only 400 miles. Big deal." - nickspezio, pittsburgh PA
"He has the front row seat which has a lot more leg room. Stick him in economy on the return flight to New Zealand then I might be impressed." - St George, Burford, United Kingdom
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 11 Premiere (Episode 1) Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘I Must Have Lost It On The Wind'
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design