‘American Idol’ 2011 Winner Scotty McCreery Robbed at Gunpoint; Says ‘Thank You’ for Prayers and Support
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | May 7, 2014 10:28 AM EST
"American Idol" 2011 winner Scotty McCreery was reported to have been robbed at gunpoint by a group of intruders in a home in Raleigh, North Carolina on Monday, May 5.
Country music singer Scotty McCreery arrives at the 49th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards in Las Vegas, Nevada April 6, 2014.
According to the recent report, three gunmen, two armed with pistols and one with a rifle, had entered a home near the North Carolina State University campus where the American Idol alum was reported to be studying, shortly before two in the morning.
Jim Sughrue, spokesman of Raleigh Police Department, told reporters that the armed intruders took wallets, cash and electronic gadgets from several people before leaving the home assumed to be a rental apartment or condominium that the American Idol winner was unfortunately visiting at the time. Fortunately, the police confirmed that no one was hurt in the incident.
According to the Raleigh PD spokesman, someone from the Raleigh home called the police after the armed robbers left. Sughrue confirmed that there was no connection between the intruders and the victims.
"I will share more when the time is right, but as of now we do not want to do or say anything that could hinder the investigation," the American Idol alum added.
McCreery also appreciated everyone's prayers and support that included a "huge thank you" to the Raleigh Police Department for their "quick response and hard work" in getting to the bottom of the case.
So, about last night... pic.twitter.com/wkFciaM7jY
— Scotty McCreery (@ScottyMcCreery) May 5, 2014
McCreery was crowned the winner of American Idol Season 10 in 2011 after beating another country talent Lauren Aleina. He released his debut album "Clear as Day" shortly after winning the Fox reality singing competition, and the said album is reported to have become certified platinum. The country singer was named the Academy of Country Music's "Best New Artist" in 2012, and in 2013 he released his second studio album "See You Tonight." Currently, the American Idol winner is on tour to promote the album.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William And Kate Middleton Complete NYC Tour Itinerary [PHOTOS]
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Trailer Reveals Sith Plus John Boyega And Daisy Ridley’s Characters And Much More—Reports
- Cameron Diaz, Benji Madden Engaged – Reports
- Channing Tatum-Jenna Dewan Tatum Split: Channing Disregards Amber Heard Link-Up Reports, Says Wife 'Puts Everything in Perspective'
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 19 Spoilers: Major Confrontations And More Drama Stirs Up In Genoa City
- ‘NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Spoilers: Episode 9 'Traitor' Airs On Nov. 24, 2014, Hetty Orders A Lockdown To Locate The Mole In The ‘NCIS LA’ Team Who Has Put Granger’s Life In Danger [WATCH VIDEO]
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Microsoft Band Wearable Gadget At $199 Is A Sell-Out
- 6 Big Reasons iPhone 6 Plus is Must-Have Black Friday, Christmas 2014 Buy
- NATO To Russia: 'Pull Back Your Troops'
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Germany, Not U.S., Is The World’s Favorite Country; UK, Canada, Australia Maintain Top 10 Spots