‘American Idol’ 2011 Winner Scotty McCreery Robbed at Gunpoint; Says ‘Thank You’ for Prayers and Support
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | May 7, 2014 10:28 AM EST
"American Idol" 2011 winner Scotty McCreery was reported to have been robbed at gunpoint by a group of intruders in a home in Raleigh, North Carolina on Monday, May 5.
Country music singer Scotty McCreery arrives at the 49th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards in Las Vegas, Nevada April 6, 2014.
According to the recent report, three gunmen, two armed with pistols and one with a rifle, had entered a home near the North Carolina State University campus where the American Idol alum was reported to be studying, shortly before two in the morning.
Jim Sughrue, spokesman of Raleigh Police Department, told reporters that the armed intruders took wallets, cash and electronic gadgets from several people before leaving the home assumed to be a rental apartment or condominium that the American Idol winner was unfortunately visiting at the time. Fortunately, the police confirmed that no one was hurt in the incident.
According to the Raleigh PD spokesman, someone from the Raleigh home called the police after the armed robbers left. Sughrue confirmed that there was no connection between the intruders and the victims.
"I will share more when the time is right, but as of now we do not want to do or say anything that could hinder the investigation," the American Idol alum added.
McCreery also appreciated everyone's prayers and support that included a "huge thank you" to the Raleigh Police Department for their "quick response and hard work" in getting to the bottom of the case.
So, about last night... pic.twitter.com/wkFciaM7jY
— Scotty McCreery (@ScottyMcCreery) May 5, 2014
McCreery was crowned the winner of American Idol Season 10 in 2011 after beating another country talent Lauren Aleina. He released his debut album "Clear as Day" shortly after winning the Fox reality singing competition, and the said album is reported to have become certified platinum. The country singer was named the Academy of Country Music's "Best New Artist" in 2012, and in 2013 he released his second studio album "See You Tonight." Currently, the American Idol winner is on tour to promote the album.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown