‘American Idol’ 2011 Winner Scotty McCreery Robbed at Gunpoint; Says ‘Thank You’ for Prayers and Support
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | May 7, 2014 10:28 AM EST
"American Idol" 2011 winner Scotty McCreery was reported to have been robbed at gunpoint by a group of intruders in a home in Raleigh, North Carolina on Monday, May 5.
Country music singer Scotty McCreery arrives at the 49th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards in Las Vegas, Nevada April 6, 2014.
According to the recent report, three gunmen, two armed with pistols and one with a rifle, had entered a home near the North Carolina State University campus where the American Idol alum was reported to be studying, shortly before two in the morning.
Jim Sughrue, spokesman of Raleigh Police Department, told reporters that the armed intruders took wallets, cash and electronic gadgets from several people before leaving the home assumed to be a rental apartment or condominium that the American Idol winner was unfortunately visiting at the time. Fortunately, the police confirmed that no one was hurt in the incident.
According to the Raleigh PD spokesman, someone from the Raleigh home called the police after the armed robbers left. Sughrue confirmed that there was no connection between the intruders and the victims.
"I will share more when the time is right, but as of now we do not want to do or say anything that could hinder the investigation," the American Idol alum added.
McCreery also appreciated everyone's prayers and support that included a "huge thank you" to the Raleigh Police Department for their "quick response and hard work" in getting to the bottom of the case.
So, about last night... pic.twitter.com/wkFciaM7jY
— Scotty McCreery (@ScottyMcCreery) May 5, 2014
McCreery was crowned the winner of American Idol Season 10 in 2011 after beating another country talent Lauren Aleina. He released his debut album "Clear as Day" shortly after winning the Fox reality singing competition, and the said album is reported to have become certified platinum. The country singer was named the Academy of Country Music's "Best New Artist" in 2012, and in 2013 he released his second studio album "See You Tonight." Currently, the American Idol winner is on tour to promote the album.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- 'The Mentalist' Season 7, Episode 1 Spoilers: The Ending Begins For Patrick Jane And Teresa Lisbon (Synopsis)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James