Miley Cyrus Resumes Bangerz Tour in London: 'I'm the Poster Child for Good Health'
By Annie Dee | May 7, 2014 10:04 AM EST
Miley Cyrus came off as funny when she claimed she is the "poster child for good health". Granted, she is indeed back with a bang, from hospitalization that is. She looked healthy and radiant at her press conference in the O2 arena in London on Tuesday as she prepared to resume her Bangerz Tour. To claim she is the role model for being healthy however is a bit too much. Various news sites speculated the songstress to be masking a drug overdose with severe allergic reaction, given she's knownn to be quite the party animal.
U.S. singer Miley Cyrus performs at the O2 Arena in central London
Miley Cyrus has recently been hospitalized for a severe allergic reaction to some medications she was taking. However, many of the fans and even Miley's friends did not buy her story and instead claim she was in a drug detox. In addition, the "Bangerz" singers' fans and "friends" think that the allergies can't be the cause for an extended stay at the hospital.
"I didn't have a drug overdose. I took some sh--y antibiotics that a doctor gave me for a sinus infection and I had a reaction," states Miley Cyrus.
"She's doing much better, thank you for asking," Cyrus told reporters. "You know, right now we're just getting her back, healthy. She had an allergic reaction to antibiotics," stated Billy Ray Cyrus, Miley's father, who also addressed the nasty rumors.
However, now that she is released from the hospital, Miley is certainly raring to go back to work. In addition, she did not claim to be the poster child for good health for nothing. According to her, vitamins, yoga and honey were the reasons why she is now nursed back to health and these traditional methods worked better for her than medicines.
Miley Cyrus claimed that she "kind of took the natural route" when conventional meds were not making her feel better. Now that she is better, "I'm the poster child for good health," she exclaims, adding she'd been "connected to an IV for the last two weeks. I'm going to go off!"
"You have no idea how ready I am. There is nothing I would rather not do than lay in a bed for two weeks. It was the most miserable two weeks of my life," Cyrus explains.
With all these energy, she's back and she's going to do some serious banging.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Trailer Reveals Sith Plus John Boyega And Daisy Ridley’s Characters And Much More—Reports
- Cameron Diaz, Benji Madden Engaged – Reports
- Channing Tatum-Jenna Dewan Tatum Split: Channing Disregards Amber Heard Link-Up Reports, Says Wife 'Puts Everything in Perspective'
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 19 Spoilers: Major Confrontations And More Drama Stirs Up In Genoa City
- ‘NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Spoilers: Episode 9 'Traitor' Airs On Nov. 24, 2014, Hetty Orders A Lockdown To Locate The Mole In The ‘NCIS LA’ Team Who Has Put Granger’s Life In Danger [WATCH VIDEO]
- Microsoft Band Wearable Gadget At $199 Is A Sell-Out
- 6 Big Reasons iPhone 6 Plus is Must-Have Black Friday, Christmas 2014 Buy
- NATO To Russia: 'Pull Back Your Troops'
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Germany, Not U.S., Is The World’s Favorite Country; UK, Canada, Australia Maintain Top 10 Spots