Miley Cyrus Resumes Bangerz Tour in London: 'I'm the Poster Child for Good Health'
By Annie Dee | May 7, 2014 10:04 AM EST
Miley Cyrus came off as funny when she claimed she is the "poster child for good health". Granted, she is indeed back with a bang, from hospitalization that is. She looked healthy and radiant at her press conference in the O2 arena in London on Tuesday as she prepared to resume her Bangerz Tour. To claim she is the role model for being healthy however is a bit too much. Various news sites speculated the songstress to be masking a drug overdose with severe allergic reaction, given she's knownn to be quite the party animal.
U.S. singer Miley Cyrus performs at the O2 Arena in central London
Miley Cyrus has recently been hospitalized for a severe allergic reaction to some medications she was taking. However, many of the fans and even Miley's friends did not buy her story and instead claim she was in a drug detox. In addition, the "Bangerz" singers' fans and "friends" think that the allergies can't be the cause for an extended stay at the hospital.
"I didn't have a drug overdose. I took some sh--y antibiotics that a doctor gave me for a sinus infection and I had a reaction," states Miley Cyrus.
"She's doing much better, thank you for asking," Cyrus told reporters. "You know, right now we're just getting her back, healthy. She had an allergic reaction to antibiotics," stated Billy Ray Cyrus, Miley's father, who also addressed the nasty rumors.
However, now that she is released from the hospital, Miley is certainly raring to go back to work. In addition, she did not claim to be the poster child for good health for nothing. According to her, vitamins, yoga and honey were the reasons why she is now nursed back to health and these traditional methods worked better for her than medicines.
Miley Cyrus claimed that she "kind of took the natural route" when conventional meds were not making her feel better. Now that she is better, "I'm the poster child for good health," she exclaims, adding she'd been "connected to an IV for the last two weeks. I'm going to go off!"
"You have no idea how ready I am. There is nothing I would rather not do than lay in a bed for two weeks. It was the most miserable two weeks of my life," Cyrus explains.
With all these energy, she's back and she's going to do some serious banging.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales