Miley Cyrus Resumes Bangerz Tour in London: 'I'm the Poster Child for Good Health'
By Annie Dee | May 7, 2014 10:04 AM EST
Miley Cyrus came off as funny when she claimed she is the "poster child for good health". Granted, she is indeed back with a bang, from hospitalization that is. She looked healthy and radiant at her press conference in the O2 arena in London on Tuesday as she prepared to resume her Bangerz Tour. To claim she is the role model for being healthy however is a bit too much. Various news sites speculated the songstress to be masking a drug overdose with severe allergic reaction, given she's knownn to be quite the party animal.
U.S. singer Miley Cyrus performs at the O2 Arena in central London
Miley Cyrus has recently been hospitalized for a severe allergic reaction to some medications she was taking. However, many of the fans and even Miley's friends did not buy her story and instead claim she was in a drug detox. In addition, the "Bangerz" singers' fans and "friends" think that the allergies can't be the cause for an extended stay at the hospital.
"I didn't have a drug overdose. I took some sh--y antibiotics that a doctor gave me for a sinus infection and I had a reaction," states Miley Cyrus.
"She's doing much better, thank you for asking," Cyrus told reporters. "You know, right now we're just getting her back, healthy. She had an allergic reaction to antibiotics," stated Billy Ray Cyrus, Miley's father, who also addressed the nasty rumors.
However, now that she is released from the hospital, Miley is certainly raring to go back to work. In addition, she did not claim to be the poster child for good health for nothing. According to her, vitamins, yoga and honey were the reasons why she is now nursed back to health and these traditional methods worked better for her than medicines.
Miley Cyrus claimed that she "kind of took the natural route" when conventional meds were not making her feel better. Now that she is better, "I'm the poster child for good health," she exclaims, adding she'd been "connected to an IV for the last two weeks. I'm going to go off!"
"You have no idea how ready I am. There is nothing I would rather not do than lay in a bed for two weeks. It was the most miserable two weeks of my life," Cyrus explains.
With all these energy, she's back and she's going to do some serious banging.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- ‘True Blood’: Identity Of Sookie’s Husband In Final Episode Thank You Revealed
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Spoilers: Juice Ratting Gemma Out To Jax, Unser Helping New Sheriff
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Cersei Lannister – Possible Deviation From The Books
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected