Miley Cyrus Resumes Bangerz Tour in London: 'I'm the Poster Child for Good Health'
By Annie Dee | May 7, 2014 10:04 AM EST
Miley Cyrus came off as funny when she claimed she is the "poster child for good health". Granted, she is indeed back with a bang, from hospitalization that is. She looked healthy and radiant at her press conference in the O2 arena in London on Tuesday as she prepared to resume her Bangerz Tour. To claim she is the role model for being healthy however is a bit too much. Various news sites speculated the songstress to be masking a drug overdose with severe allergic reaction, given she's knownn to be quite the party animal.
U.S. singer Miley Cyrus performs at the O2 Arena in central London
Miley Cyrus has recently been hospitalized for a severe allergic reaction to some medications she was taking. However, many of the fans and even Miley's friends did not buy her story and instead claim she was in a drug detox. In addition, the "Bangerz" singers' fans and "friends" think that the allergies can't be the cause for an extended stay at the hospital.
"I didn't have a drug overdose. I took some sh--y antibiotics that a doctor gave me for a sinus infection and I had a reaction," states Miley Cyrus.
"She's doing much better, thank you for asking," Cyrus told reporters. "You know, right now we're just getting her back, healthy. She had an allergic reaction to antibiotics," stated Billy Ray Cyrus, Miley's father, who also addressed the nasty rumors.
However, now that she is released from the hospital, Miley is certainly raring to go back to work. In addition, she did not claim to be the poster child for good health for nothing. According to her, vitamins, yoga and honey were the reasons why she is now nursed back to health and these traditional methods worked better for her than medicines.
Miley Cyrus claimed that she "kind of took the natural route" when conventional meds were not making her feel better. Now that she is better, "I'm the poster child for good health," she exclaims, adding she'd been "connected to an IV for the last two weeks. I'm going to go off!"
"You have no idea how ready I am. There is nothing I would rather not do than lay in a bed for two weeks. It was the most miserable two weeks of my life," Cyrus explains.
With all these energy, she's back and she's going to do some serious banging.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Reports: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Pince Harry Somber - Reports
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal