Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini Leaked Specs: Improvements to Expect From the Galaxy S4 Mini
By Sachin Trivedi | May 7, 2014 9:33 AM EST
Samsung is expected to launch the Galaxy S5 Mini soon, with analysts expecting a June 2014 release date. For readers who are considering an upgrade from the Galaxy S4 Mini, here is a look at what to expect from the upcoming device based on the rumours.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini will be the third iteration from the company from the Mini series. The first Mini of its flagship device was the Galaxy S3 Mini and later the Galaxy S4 Mini was launched. The leaked specs of the device give tech buffs an idea whether to wait or skip the upcoming device.
The screen size and the display resolution are expected to get an upgrade. The Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini is rumoured to come with a 4.5 inch screen with 720 x 1280 pixels resolution compared to the 4.3 inch Galaxy S4 Mini with 540 x 960 pixels resolution.
In terms of memory the Galaxy S5 Mini is rumoured to come with 16 GB of internal memory compared to the 8 GB of internal memory. The internal memory can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card. No upgrade of RAM is expected and the device may come with a 1.5 GB of RAM, which is the same in the Galaxy S4 Mini.
The processor is also expected to get an upgrade from the dual core processor in the Galaxy S4 Mini to a quad core processor and run on the Android KitKat operating system. The camera on the device is not expected to remain the same.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini is rumoured to sport an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is rumoured to be 2 MP compared to the 1.9 MP on the Galaxy S4 Mini.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini is expected to come with a Li-Ion 2100 mAh battery compared to the Li-Ion 1900 mAh battery on the Galaxy S4 Mini. Analysts expect the device to carry a price tag of around AU $600.
With many low cost devices competing for space in the smartphone market analysts expect the competition would be fierce in this segment. The Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini is expected to go head to head with devices like the Motorola Moto G and the Nexus 5.
More Articles to Read
Motorola Moto E Release Date in a Week? Rumoured Specifications [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft