MET Gala 2014 Kim Kardashian Fashion Redemption: Copies Angelina Jolie Oscar Style, Twitter Reaction on Her Floral Gown Choice Last Year
By Sonalee singh | May 7, 2014 8:37 AM EST
It seems Kim Kardashian did steal Angelina Jolie's style for this year's MET Gala. The reality star was seen in a high slit Lanvin gown, akin to Jolie's black velvet Atelier Versace dress which she wore during 84th Annual Academy Awards. However, striking a pose with her leg sticking out from the dress made Jolie a victim of much ridicule, so much so that a page called @AngiesRightLeg was set up.
According to reportes by Emirates 247 Jolie pose was mimicked by "The Descendants" writer Jim Rash as she collected his Oscar for best adapted screenplay.
But Jolie's fans think that her confidence while posing for the camera was unmatched. So did Kim manage to pull the risqué dress as well as Jolie? Kim Kardashian who walked the MET gala 2014 red carpet with hubby Kanye West coupled her high slit gown with side swept hair and minimal make-up.
Fans think that this is one of the best looks of Kim in the recent times. Last year when she was invited to The Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute benefit gala, the fashion critics criticized her for wearing a bright floral gown.
Here are some Twitter reactions for Kim Kardashian's MET Gala 2014 Dress choice:
Bri @Briski_Bri wrote: "I hope @KimKardashian brings it for the Met Ball this year, cause that floral dress was the worst last yr."
Andrea|| @andreahxcx wrote: "If Kim Kardashian wears an ugly floral dress again to the gala I will forever be done with her."
Another Fashion Book @mrfashionbook wrote: "I think @Kimkardashian will be best dressed because last year at the met ball she was pregnant in givenchy floral dress #Metball2014"
chloepaddington @chloepaddington wrote: "Kim kardashian knows her floral couch dress last year was a DISASTER. now she's playing it safe this year. #MetGala #MetGala2014"
NINE @9Pauu wrote: "Kim Kardashian UPGRADED this yr from her fashion disaster she had last yr. w/ that floral dress she wore to the #MetGala haha"
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate