MET Gala 2014: Selena Gomez Reunites with Best Friend Taylor Swift?
May 7, 2014 8:31 AM EST
MET Gala 2014 Fashion Feud: Selena Gomez VS Taylor Swift
The annual fundraiser for the Metropolitan Costume Institute was held today at the Costume Institute Gala. The show titled "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" is co-chaired by "Hangover" actor Bradley Cooper, "Sex and the City" star Sarah Jessica Parker and Vogue editor Anna Wintour, among others. The event served as a bedrock for high fashion-with dozens of celebrities sporting only the best and most elegant gowns and suits made by the world's fashion tycoons and icons.
Topping the Best Dressed List according to various polls is none other than "Red" songstress Taylor Swift. The Grammy-nominated singer donned a bedazzling pink gown by Oscar de la Renta, with a trail that gave Swift a royal look. Selena Gomez is also touted to be one of the night's best dressed stars, wearing none other than a burgundy Diane Von Furstenberg gown that showcased the "Come & Get It" singer's ample cleavage.
The two stars might not only be rivals for being the Best Dressed of the night. According to various sources, the two stars have been feuding for the past months, after Selena Gomez allegedly got back with troubled singer Justin Bieber despite the vehement objection of then-best pal Taylor Swift.
After such incident, the duo's friendship seemed to have downward spiral. The once close-knit Hollywood friendship was said to end after Selena Gomez opted to choose to hang out with teen sensations Kylie and Kendall Jenner as opposed to Swift.
Not to be outdone by Gomez, Swift has also been seen hanging (quite a lot) with Victoria's Secret Model Karlie Kloss as well as teen singer of the moment Lorde. A rift between the friendship of Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez might have potentially been fomented by the "Come & Get It" singer's alleged "too boring" remark about TSwift.
Who should snag the 'Best Dressed' award between these two young ladies? Check out the pictures for their ensemble during the MET Gala.
- Budget 2014: Treasurer Joe Hockey Acknowledges Unpopularity of 1st Coalition Budget, Which Includes 16,000 Job Cuts & Deficit Tax
- Japan merchandise trade balance
- Could The Syrian Downing Of A Turkish Jet Bring In NATO?
- Breast Cancer iPhone App Enlists Hunky Men to Remind Women About Self-Examination
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]