MET Gala 2014: Selena Gomez Reunites with Best Friend Taylor Swift?
May 7, 2014 8:31 AM EST
MET Gala 2014 Fashion Feud: Selena Gomez VS Taylor Swift
The annual fundraiser for the Metropolitan Costume Institute was held today at the Costume Institute Gala. The show titled "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" is co-chaired by "Hangover" actor Bradley Cooper, "Sex and the City" star Sarah Jessica Parker and Vogue editor Anna Wintour, among others. The event served as a bedrock for high fashion-with dozens of celebrities sporting only the best and most elegant gowns and suits made by the world's fashion tycoons and icons.
Topping the Best Dressed List according to various polls is none other than "Red" songstress Taylor Swift. The Grammy-nominated singer donned a bedazzling pink gown by Oscar de la Renta, with a trail that gave Swift a royal look. Selena Gomez is also touted to be one of the night's best dressed stars, wearing none other than a burgundy Diane Von Furstenberg gown that showcased the "Come & Get It" singer's ample cleavage.
The two stars might not only be rivals for being the Best Dressed of the night. According to various sources, the two stars have been feuding for the past months, after Selena Gomez allegedly got back with troubled singer Justin Bieber despite the vehement objection of then-best pal Taylor Swift.
After such incident, the duo's friendship seemed to have downward spiral. The once close-knit Hollywood friendship was said to end after Selena Gomez opted to choose to hang out with teen sensations Kylie and Kendall Jenner as opposed to Swift.
Not to be outdone by Gomez, Swift has also been seen hanging (quite a lot) with Victoria's Secret Model Karlie Kloss as well as teen singer of the moment Lorde. A rift between the friendship of Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez might have potentially been fomented by the "Come & Get It" singer's alleged "too boring" remark about TSwift.
Who should snag the 'Best Dressed' award between these two young ladies? Check out the pictures for their ensemble during the MET Gala.
- Budget 2014: Treasurer Joe Hockey Acknowledges Unpopularity of 1st Coalition Budget, Which Includes 16,000 Job Cuts & Deficit Tax
- Japan merchandise trade balance
- Could The Syrian Downing Of A Turkish Jet Bring In NATO?
- Breast Cancer iPhone App Enlists Hunky Men to Remind Women About Self-Examination
Join the Conversation
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Watch What Happens When Sheldon Returns To His Apartment [VIDEO]
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed