MET Gala 2014: Selena Gomez Reunites with Best Friend Taylor Swift?
May 7, 2014 8:31 AM EST
MET Gala 2014 Fashion Feud: Selena Gomez VS Taylor Swift
The annual fundraiser for the Metropolitan Costume Institute was held today at the Costume Institute Gala. The show titled "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" is co-chaired by "Hangover" actor Bradley Cooper, "Sex and the City" star Sarah Jessica Parker and Vogue editor Anna Wintour, among others. The event served as a bedrock for high fashion-with dozens of celebrities sporting only the best and most elegant gowns and suits made by the world's fashion tycoons and icons.
Topping the Best Dressed List according to various polls is none other than "Red" songstress Taylor Swift. The Grammy-nominated singer donned a bedazzling pink gown by Oscar de la Renta, with a trail that gave Swift a royal look. Selena Gomez is also touted to be one of the night's best dressed stars, wearing none other than a burgundy Diane Von Furstenberg gown that showcased the "Come & Get It" singer's ample cleavage.
The two stars might not only be rivals for being the Best Dressed of the night. According to various sources, the two stars have been feuding for the past months, after Selena Gomez allegedly got back with troubled singer Justin Bieber despite the vehement objection of then-best pal Taylor Swift.
After such incident, the duo's friendship seemed to have downward spiral. The once close-knit Hollywood friendship was said to end after Selena Gomez opted to choose to hang out with teen sensations Kylie and Kendall Jenner as opposed to Swift.
Not to be outdone by Gomez, Swift has also been seen hanging (quite a lot) with Victoria's Secret Model Karlie Kloss as well as teen singer of the moment Lorde. A rift between the friendship of Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez might have potentially been fomented by the "Come & Get It" singer's alleged "too boring" remark about TSwift.
Who should snag the 'Best Dressed' award between these two young ladies? Check out the pictures for their ensemble during the MET Gala.
- Budget 2014: Treasurer Joe Hockey Acknowledges Unpopularity of 1st Coalition Budget, Which Includes 16,000 Job Cuts & Deficit Tax
- Japan merchandise trade balance
- Could The Syrian Downing Of A Turkish Jet Bring In NATO?
- Breast Cancer iPhone App Enlists Hunky Men to Remind Women About Self-Examination
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy