Watch Pollard and Starc Go Head-to-Head: MI vs RCB Highlights
By Deepak Vikraman | May 7, 2014 4:59 AM EST
Kieron Pollard and Mitchell Starc heated things up a little in the middle with the Mumbai Indians coming away with a comfortable victory over the Royal Challengers Bangalore in a charged-up IPL 2014 contest at the Wankhede Stadium.
The Mumbai Indians, after being asked to bat first, put on 187 for five in their 20 overs, with Pollard, who had a spat with RCB bowler Starc in the field, and Rohit Sharma scoring big runs.
In reply, RCB got off to a quick start, but failed to maintain the momentum, eventually falling 19 runs short to finish on 168 for eight.
"It was a very gettable total but we should have made smarter decisions," a disappointed RCB captain Kohli said. "We had a dream start but we couldn't capitalise. One more partnership would have done it but weren't able to do it.
"At this stage, every point is vital and everyone wants to do well. It is important how you move on from a loss, we were short by 19 runs and if we had applied ourselves better, we could have made it home. However, we know we have the men who can do it and we can take plenty of positives from tonight."
Rohit Sharma, who was the man of the match as well for his half-century in the first innings, was understandably ecstatic with his team's performance, with everyone putting their hands up in a complete victory.
"This is easily the best game we have played this season," Rohit said at the presentation ceremony. "We probably did everything right, straight from ball one. We batted, bowled and fielded well -- we took some great catches tonight -- so full credit to the boys.
"I am very proud of our bowling unit. It wasn't easy for them, there is always some dew around at the end of the innings at the Wankhede and they dealt with it superbly."
"It was also important for me to step up and I'm glad I played an important knock. We're keeping our heads up. We need to be positive. Next game against CSK is also very important."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- NFL Week 2: Kansas City Chiefs Vs. Denver Broncos Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up