Watch Pollard and Starc Go Head-to-Head: MI vs RCB Highlights
By Deepak Vikraman | May 7, 2014 4:59 AM EST
Kieron Pollard and Mitchell Starc heated things up a little in the middle with the Mumbai Indians coming away with a comfortable victory over the Royal Challengers Bangalore in a charged-up IPL 2014 contest at the Wankhede Stadium.
The Mumbai Indians, after being asked to bat first, put on 187 for five in their 20 overs, with Pollard, who had a spat with RCB bowler Starc in the field, and Rohit Sharma scoring big runs.
In reply, RCB got off to a quick start, but failed to maintain the momentum, eventually falling 19 runs short to finish on 168 for eight.
"It was a very gettable total but we should have made smarter decisions," a disappointed RCB captain Kohli said. "We had a dream start but we couldn't capitalise. One more partnership would have done it but weren't able to do it.
"At this stage, every point is vital and everyone wants to do well. It is important how you move on from a loss, we were short by 19 runs and if we had applied ourselves better, we could have made it home. However, we know we have the men who can do it and we can take plenty of positives from tonight."
Rohit Sharma, who was the man of the match as well for his half-century in the first innings, was understandably ecstatic with his team's performance, with everyone putting their hands up in a complete victory.
"This is easily the best game we have played this season," Rohit said at the presentation ceremony. "We probably did everything right, straight from ball one. We batted, bowled and fielded well -- we took some great catches tonight -- so full credit to the boys.
"I am very proud of our bowling unit. It wasn't easy for them, there is always some dew around at the end of the innings at the Wankhede and they dealt with it superbly."
"It was also important for me to step up and I'm glad I played an important knock. We're keeping our heads up. We need to be positive. Next game against CSK is also very important."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Georges St-Pierre Opines Nick Diaz Would Have a Stronger Chance Against Anderson Silva If Fight Goes Longer
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists