NBA Playoffs Betting Odds and Trends: Game 1 - Nets vs. Heat, Trail Blazers vs. Spurs
By James Patrick Quizon | May 7, 2014 3:33 AM EST
The other half of conference semifinals begin Tuesday night (Wednesday morning in Australia) with four more teams making their debut in the second round of the 2014 NBA Playoffs. In the Eastern Conference, it’s the defending NBA champions Miami Heat facing the veteran Brooklyn Nets and in the Western Conference, it’s the upstart Portland Trail Blazers against the defending West champs San Antoni Spurs.
NBA: Brooklyn Nets at Miami Heat
Which teams will draw first blood in their respective opening games? It’s another best-of-seven affair for both these series and both match-ups are expected to be close ones again.
The Heat are back in action after a long rest because of their sweep of the Charlotte Bobcats in the first round while the Nets have been pushed to the hilt by the Toronto Raptors to a Game 7.
Same as Brooklyn, the Spurs had been tested to the fullest by the Dallas Mavericks in seven games. Meanwhile, the Trail Blazers took care of business in six games against the Houston Rockets.
What are the best bets for Wednesday’s games? Who will cover the spread and how?
Betting Lines: Brooklyn Nets (+8) vs. Miami Heat (O/U: 192.0)
Game time: 9:00 a.m.
Brooklyn Nets Trends
- The Nets are 1-3-1 ATS in their last 5 games after a win
- The Nets are 3-0-1 ATS in their last 4 games on the road
- The Nets are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games vs. the Heat
Miami Heat Trends
- The Heat are 20-8-1 ATS in their last 29 games in the second round of the NBA Playoffs
- The Heat are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games after an ATS win
- The Heat are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games vs. the Nets
Betting Lines: Portland Trail Blazers (+7) vs. San Antonio Spurs (O/U: 206.5)
Game time: 11:30 a.m.
Portland Trail Blazers Trends
- The Blazers are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games on the road
- The Blazers are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games after an ATS loss
- The Blazers are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games
San Antonio Spurs Trends
- The Spurs are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games at home
- The Spurs are 1-8 ATS in their last 9 games
- The Spurs are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games after a win
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Striker Disappointed with Cesc Fabregas Sale to Chelsea
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools