NBA Playoffs Betting Odds and Trends: Game 1 - Nets vs. Heat, Trail Blazers vs. Spurs
By James Patrick Quizon | May 7, 2014 3:33 AM EST
The other half of conference semifinals begin Tuesday night (Wednesday morning in Australia) with four more teams making their debut in the second round of the 2014 NBA Playoffs. In the Eastern Conference, it’s the defending NBA champions Miami Heat facing the veteran Brooklyn Nets and in the Western Conference, it’s the upstart Portland Trail Blazers against the defending West champs San Antoni Spurs.
NBA: Brooklyn Nets at Miami Heat
Which teams will draw first blood in their respective opening games? It’s another best-of-seven affair for both these series and both match-ups are expected to be close ones again.
The Heat are back in action after a long rest because of their sweep of the Charlotte Bobcats in the first round while the Nets have been pushed to the hilt by the Toronto Raptors to a Game 7.
Same as Brooklyn, the Spurs had been tested to the fullest by the Dallas Mavericks in seven games. Meanwhile, the Trail Blazers took care of business in six games against the Houston Rockets.
What are the best bets for Wednesday’s games? Who will cover the spread and how?
Betting Lines: Brooklyn Nets (+8) vs. Miami Heat (O/U: 192.0)
Game time: 9:00 a.m.
Brooklyn Nets Trends
- The Nets are 1-3-1 ATS in their last 5 games after a win
- The Nets are 3-0-1 ATS in their last 4 games on the road
- The Nets are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games vs. the Heat
Miami Heat Trends
- The Heat are 20-8-1 ATS in their last 29 games in the second round of the NBA Playoffs
- The Heat are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games after an ATS win
- The Heat are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games vs. the Nets
Betting Lines: Portland Trail Blazers (+7) vs. San Antonio Spurs (O/U: 206.5)
Game time: 11:30 a.m.
Portland Trail Blazers Trends
- The Blazers are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games on the road
- The Blazers are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games after an ATS loss
- The Blazers are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games
San Antonio Spurs Trends
- The Spurs are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games at home
- The Spurs are 1-8 ATS in their last 9 games
- The Spurs are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games after a win
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- UFC News: Rhonda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- 2014 US Open: Down Goes Maria Sharapova, BF Grigor Dimitrov Advances
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen