NBA Playoffs Betting Odds and Trends: Game 1 - Nets vs. Heat, Trail Blazers vs. Spurs
By James Patrick Quizon | May 7, 2014 3:33 AM EST
The other half of conference semifinals begin Tuesday night (Wednesday morning in Australia) with four more teams making their debut in the second round of the 2014 NBA Playoffs. In the Eastern Conference, it’s the defending NBA champions Miami Heat facing the veteran Brooklyn Nets and in the Western Conference, it’s the upstart Portland Trail Blazers against the defending West champs San Antoni Spurs.
NBA: Brooklyn Nets at Miami Heat
Which teams will draw first blood in their respective opening games? It’s another best-of-seven affair for both these series and both match-ups are expected to be close ones again.
The Heat are back in action after a long rest because of their sweep of the Charlotte Bobcats in the first round while the Nets have been pushed to the hilt by the Toronto Raptors to a Game 7.
Same as Brooklyn, the Spurs had been tested to the fullest by the Dallas Mavericks in seven games. Meanwhile, the Trail Blazers took care of business in six games against the Houston Rockets.
What are the best bets for Wednesday’s games? Who will cover the spread and how?
Betting Lines: Brooklyn Nets (+8) vs. Miami Heat (O/U: 192.0)
Game time: 9:00 a.m.
Brooklyn Nets Trends
- The Nets are 1-3-1 ATS in their last 5 games after a win
- The Nets are 3-0-1 ATS in their last 4 games on the road
- The Nets are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games vs. the Heat
Miami Heat Trends
- The Heat are 20-8-1 ATS in their last 29 games in the second round of the NBA Playoffs
- The Heat are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games after an ATS win
- The Heat are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games vs. the Nets
Betting Lines: Portland Trail Blazers (+7) vs. San Antonio Spurs (O/U: 206.5)
Game time: 11:30 a.m.
Portland Trail Blazers Trends
- The Blazers are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games on the road
- The Blazers are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games after an ATS loss
- The Blazers are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games
San Antonio Spurs Trends
- The Spurs are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games at home
- The Spurs are 1-8 ATS in their last 9 games
- The Spurs are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games after a win
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Happy Houston Rockets Sent Him To LA Lakers
- Jeremy Lin's Trade To Los Angeles Lakers Is An Opportunity To Reinvent His Brand
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group B Preview, Schedule and Key Players: Argentina, Greece, Croatia Favourites To Top Opening Round
- Floyd Mayweather Proves He Can Read, Releases An Audio Of Him Reading
- American Heavyweight Boxer Amir Mansour Says It’s Disrespectful For 50 Cent To Take Jabs At Floyd Mayweather On Social Media
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Two Weeks to Go Starting at $800 with New Phosphorus HealthKit Chip
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- Bill Shorten Calls Tony Abbott 'Ineligible' To Lead Australia; Government Party-Room Leaks On Abbott'sTravel Entitlements
- Google Nexus 6 Release May Be the New Google Nexus X Smartphone as New Details Emerge