NBA Playoffs Betting Odds and Trends: Game 1 - Nets vs. Heat, Trail Blazers vs. Spurs
By James Patrick Quizon | May 7, 2014 3:33 AM EST
The other half of conference semifinals begin Tuesday night (Wednesday morning in Australia) with four more teams making their debut in the second round of the 2014 NBA Playoffs. In the Eastern Conference, it’s the defending NBA champions Miami Heat facing the veteran Brooklyn Nets and in the Western Conference, it’s the upstart Portland Trail Blazers against the defending West champs San Antoni Spurs.
NBA: Brooklyn Nets at Miami Heat
Which teams will draw first blood in their respective opening games? It’s another best-of-seven affair for both these series and both match-ups are expected to be close ones again.
The Heat are back in action after a long rest because of their sweep of the Charlotte Bobcats in the first round while the Nets have been pushed to the hilt by the Toronto Raptors to a Game 7.
Same as Brooklyn, the Spurs had been tested to the fullest by the Dallas Mavericks in seven games. Meanwhile, the Trail Blazers took care of business in six games against the Houston Rockets.
What are the best bets for Wednesday’s games? Who will cover the spread and how?
Betting Lines: Brooklyn Nets (+8) vs. Miami Heat (O/U: 192.0)
Game time: 9:00 a.m.
Brooklyn Nets Trends
- The Nets are 1-3-1 ATS in their last 5 games after a win
- The Nets are 3-0-1 ATS in their last 4 games on the road
- The Nets are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games vs. the Heat
Miami Heat Trends
- The Heat are 20-8-1 ATS in their last 29 games in the second round of the NBA Playoffs
- The Heat are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games after an ATS win
- The Heat are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games vs. the Nets
Betting Lines: Portland Trail Blazers (+7) vs. San Antonio Spurs (O/U: 206.5)
Game time: 11:30 a.m.
Portland Trail Blazers Trends
- The Blazers are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games on the road
- The Blazers are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games after an ATS loss
- The Blazers are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games
San Antonio Spurs Trends
- The Spurs are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games at home
- The Spurs are 1-8 ATS in their last 9 games
- The Spurs are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games after a win
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Rafael Nadal Crowned as Most Popular Personality in Spain
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales