NBA Playoffs Betting Odds and Trends: Game 1 - Nets vs. Heat, Trail Blazers vs. Spurs
By James Patrick Quizon | May 7, 2014 3:33 AM EST
The other half of conference semifinals begin Tuesday night (Wednesday morning in Australia) with four more teams making their debut in the second round of the 2014 NBA Playoffs. In the Eastern Conference, it’s the defending NBA champions Miami Heat facing the veteran Brooklyn Nets and in the Western Conference, it’s the upstart Portland Trail Blazers against the defending West champs San Antoni Spurs.
NBA: Brooklyn Nets at Miami Heat
Which teams will draw first blood in their respective opening games? It’s another best-of-seven affair for both these series and both match-ups are expected to be close ones again.
The Heat are back in action after a long rest because of their sweep of the Charlotte Bobcats in the first round while the Nets have been pushed to the hilt by the Toronto Raptors to a Game 7.
Same as Brooklyn, the Spurs had been tested to the fullest by the Dallas Mavericks in seven games. Meanwhile, the Trail Blazers took care of business in six games against the Houston Rockets.
What are the best bets for Wednesday’s games? Who will cover the spread and how?
Betting Lines: Brooklyn Nets (+8) vs. Miami Heat (O/U: 192.0)
Game time: 9:00 a.m.
Brooklyn Nets Trends
- The Nets are 1-3-1 ATS in their last 5 games after a win
- The Nets are 3-0-1 ATS in their last 4 games on the road
- The Nets are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games vs. the Heat
Miami Heat Trends
- The Heat are 20-8-1 ATS in their last 29 games in the second round of the NBA Playoffs
- The Heat are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games after an ATS win
- The Heat are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games vs. the Nets
Betting Lines: Portland Trail Blazers (+7) vs. San Antonio Spurs (O/U: 206.5)
Game time: 11:30 a.m.
Portland Trail Blazers Trends
- The Blazers are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games on the road
- The Blazers are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games after an ATS loss
- The Blazers are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games
San Antonio Spurs Trends
- The Spurs are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games at home
- The Spurs are 1-8 ATS in their last 9 games
- The Spurs are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games after a win
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Evander Holyfield Says That He Didn’t Make Comments About Floyd Mayweather Fighting With Manny Pacquiao
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Novak Djokovic Stars In A New Commercial For Gerble Sans Gluten et Sans Souci
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best