'The Voice' Season 6: Top 5 Contestants to be Revealed; Where to Watch Live
By Raymond Ronamai | May 7, 2014 2:06 AM EST
It's time for the results! "The Voice" USA 2014 will be trimmed down to five contestants during Tuesday's episode with three of them to be sent home based on the number of votes they got from American audience following their live performance.
Screenshot from The Voice YouT
Josh Kaufman performs Bonnie Raitt’s "I Can't Make You Love Me” on The Voice USA 2014.
The elimination episode will be telecast live at 8:00 pm EST Tuesday on NBC Television (6.30 am IST, Wednesday). The results could come as a shocker after "not so impressive" performances by some of the favorites in the competition.
Contestants like Christina Grimmie, Kat Perkins, Kristen Merlin and Audra McLaughlin could be in danger of being placed in the bottom four (instead of three) if one is to go by Monday's live performances. America can choose only one of the contestants through Instant Save.
Live Performance Recap:
Team Adam: Kat Perkins sang Daft Punk's "Get Lucky" on Monday night. Her song choice was interesting and her stage presence was great but her rendition was ordinary. Delvin Choice's rendition of "I Believe I Can Fly" by R Kelly was beautiful though he took on an overused song. However, Christina Grimmie, who stunned everyone with Drake's "Hold On, We're Going Home", took on Lil Wayne's "How to Love" this time but failed to create the previous magic.
Team Usher: Josh Kaufman, the lone contestant from Team Usher, sang Bonnie Raitt's "I Can't Make You Love Me" on Monday and he nailed it. There was emotion and passion in his singing, making the song a powerful ballad.
Team Blake: Sisuandra Lewis once again showcased her power by singing "River Deep, Mountain High" by Tina Turner on Monday, rocking from the word "go" till the end. Audra McLaughlin rendered Rebecca Lynn Howard's "Forgive", which was pretty okay. She was good in high notes but sounded flat in the lower registers. Jake Worthington sang "Hillbilly Deluxe" by Brooks & Dunn and it was a good rendition.
Team Shakira: Being the lone contestant in her team, Shakira might have put all her efforts and soul on Kristen Merlin but her rendition of "I Drive Your Truck" by Lee Brice failed to click despite being a sentimental song. She sounded shaky every now and then, as if she was nervous or chocked by emotions.
(Image Credit: Screenshot from The Voice Official Video)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report