Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues to Beat Liverpool in Signing Sevilla Playmaker for £22million, Says Source
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 6, 2014 11:36 PM EST
Chelsea are set to beat Liverpool in signing Sevilla playmaker Ivan Rakitic this summer, according to Football Direct News.
The Croat international has helped the Andalusian outfit reach the final of the Europa League this season, which will be played on the fourteenth at the Juventus Stadium, while also playing an instrumental role in the La Liga as the Sevillistas were able to, yet again, secure a slot in Europe's secondary club tournament next term.
Chelsea are set to beat Liverpool in signing Sevilla playmaker Ivan Rakitic
He has contributed 15 goals and 19 assists in all competitions, making heads from top clubs turn.
It is claimed that the 26-year-old's future with his current side remains uncertain as his brother and agent, Dejan Rakitic, failed to hold discussions regarding an extension, with the former's contract set to run out in June 2015.
The Blues are suggested to be making an offer of £22million to lure Sevilla to sell their superstar, a source revealed to FDN.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe