Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues to Beat Liverpool in Signing Sevilla Playmaker for £22million, Says Source
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 6, 2014 11:36 PM EST
Chelsea are set to beat Liverpool in signing Sevilla playmaker Ivan Rakitic this summer, according to Football Direct News.
The Croat international has helped the Andalusian outfit reach the final of the Europa League this season, which will be played on the fourteenth at the Juventus Stadium, while also playing an instrumental role in the La Liga as the Sevillistas were able to, yet again, secure a slot in Europe's secondary club tournament next term.
Chelsea are set to beat Liverpool in signing Sevilla playmaker Ivan Rakitic
He has contributed 15 goals and 19 assists in all competitions, making heads from top clubs turn.
It is claimed that the 26-year-old's future with his current side remains uncertain as his brother and agent, Dejan Rakitic, failed to hold discussions regarding an extension, with the former's contract set to run out in June 2015.
The Blues are suggested to be making an offer of £22million to lure Sevilla to sell their superstar, a source revealed to FDN.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage