Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues to Beat Liverpool in Signing Sevilla Playmaker for £22million, Says Source
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 6, 2014 11:36 PM EST
Chelsea are set to beat Liverpool in signing Sevilla playmaker Ivan Rakitic this summer, according to Football Direct News.
The Croat international has helped the Andalusian outfit reach the final of the Europa League this season, which will be played on the fourteenth at the Juventus Stadium, while also playing an instrumental role in the La Liga as the Sevillistas were able to, yet again, secure a slot in Europe's secondary club tournament next term.
Chelsea are set to beat Liverpool in signing Sevilla playmaker Ivan Rakitic
He has contributed 15 goals and 19 assists in all competitions, making heads from top clubs turn.
It is claimed that the 26-year-old's future with his current side remains uncertain as his brother and agent, Dejan Rakitic, failed to hold discussions regarding an extension, with the former's contract set to run out in June 2015.
The Blues are suggested to be making an offer of £22million to lure Sevilla to sell their superstar, a source revealed to FDN.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Kate Upton And BF Justin Verlander Nude Photo Leaked; Verlander Instantly Became An Internet Meme Sensation
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- FIBA World Cup 2014: Puerto Rico vs. Greece Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Preview
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones