Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues to Beat Liverpool in Signing Sevilla Playmaker for £22million, Says Source
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 6, 2014 11:36 PM EST
Chelsea are set to beat Liverpool in signing Sevilla playmaker Ivan Rakitic this summer, according to Football Direct News.
The Croat international has helped the Andalusian outfit reach the final of the Europa League this season, which will be played on the fourteenth at the Juventus Stadium, while also playing an instrumental role in the La Liga as the Sevillistas were able to, yet again, secure a slot in Europe's secondary club tournament next term.
Chelsea are set to beat Liverpool in signing Sevilla playmaker Ivan Rakitic
He has contributed 15 goals and 19 assists in all competitions, making heads from top clubs turn.
It is claimed that the 26-year-old's future with his current side remains uncertain as his brother and agent, Dejan Rakitic, failed to hold discussions regarding an extension, with the former's contract set to run out in June 2015.
The Blues are suggested to be making an offer of £22million to lure Sevilla to sell their superstar, a source revealed to FDN.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- NBA Preview: Milwaukee Bucks Look to Develop Youngsters Jabari Parker, Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'