'The Voice' USA 2014: Christina, Kristen, Audra in Danger of Being Eliminated? [VIDEOS]
By Raymond Ronamai | May 6, 2014 10:44 PM EST
"The Voice" USA 2014 live round was a little underwhelming with some of the contestants, who put up some electrifying performances last week, failing to do the same on Monday. It is now difficult to predict who would make it to the next round with none of the contestants being able to race ahead of the rest in the pack.
Screenshot from The Voice YouT
Josh Kaufman performs Bonnie Raitt’s "I Can't Make You Love Me” on The Voice USA 2014.
Here is a recap of Monday's live performance:
Sisuandra Lewis: The powerhouse from Team Blake sang "River Deep, Mountain High" by Tina Turner on Monday. It was a cracker of a performance and she did justice to the song. She is one performer who can rock from the word 'go' till the end. However, audience may want her to explore other genres of music, may be a rock ballad.
Josh Kaufman: The lone contestant from Team Usher took on Bonnie Raitt's "I Can't Make You Love Me" on Monday, after a not so impressive rendition of "This Is It" last week. He pumped in all the emotion and passion into the song, making it a powerful ballad. This performance should push him to the next round.
Kat Perkins: In what seems like an attempt to try something different, Adam Levine's girl took on Daft Punk's "Get Lucky" on Monday night. It was an interesting song choice, but she wasn't as convincing as expected despite electric stage presence. Her rendition was fine, but it has to be more than just fine at this stage of the competition.
Kristen Merlin: The lone contestant from Team Shakira sang "I Drive Your Truck" by Lee Brice, a sentimental song. It was a forgettable performance, as she sounded flat every now and then. This particular rendition could jeopardise her position in the competition.
Delvin Choice: The contestant from Team Adam sang "I Believe I Can Fly" by R Kelly. It's an overused song and could be avoided, but Delvin sang it so beautifully that audience might forget that many others have sung before in reality talent shows. It was a beautiful rendition with right dose of emotion.
Audra McLaughlin: The girl from Team Blake sang "Forgive" by Rebecca Lynn Howard. She is no doubt a good country singer, but her rendition on Monday was not as convincing as her earlier performances. She hit the high notes with perfection, but sounded a little shaky in the lower registers.
Jake Worthington: The country hopeful from Team Blake sang "Hillbilly Deluxe" by Brooks & Dunn. He bounced back stronger after somewhat shaky performance last week. It was fun listening to Jake taking on a song that suits him to the "T".
Christina Grimmie: After setting the bar high last week with a wonderful performance, the Internet sensation from Team Adam sang "How to Love" by Lil Wayne on Monday. It was a good rendition, but not even near to her last week's performance, which could be seen as a big setback.
Three of the contestants will be sent home during Tuesday's elimination episode, leaving the show with only five. Looking at Monday's live performances, contestants like Kat Perkins, Christina Grimmie, Kristen Merlin and Audra McLaughlin seem to be in danger of being placed in the bottom four, but America has to decide that.
(Image Credit: Screenshot from The Voice Official Video)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2: Jessica Talks After Her Shocking Elimination
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes