Destiny: Developer Explains Armor, Loot and Weapons [VIDEO]
By Aditya Bhat | May 6, 2014 10:30 PM EST
Upcoming MMO action RPG title from Bungie, Destiny is one of the eagerly awaited video game in 2014. The developer has kept up the anticipation as it released a dev dairy video explaining the importance of armor, loot and weapons.
Destiny will be released in 2014.
Lars Bakken, lead designer at Destiny explains the weapons arsenal in the video contesting that the weapons are much bigger than that of the company's previous works. Bungie was the developer of past Halo games.
Players will be rewarded as they complete their missions and kill the enemies. This reward will allow players to upgrade the Guardians in "every conceivable way." Customization of armor depends upon the way the armor is projected in the game, depending upon the class and the ammunition that a particular player is using.
Bakken also revealed that when a player kills an enemy, they will be dropping loot just for the player.
In order to have the right amount of fire power to drive the aliens away, a player will get three different categories of guns:
- Primary weapon - Rifle and hand cannon.
- Special weapons - Shotgun sniper rifle and fusion rifle.
- Heavy weapon - Rocket launchers and heavy machine guns.
It was also revealed that there are more varietes in every category of gun the sub-categories like:
- Autorifle sub-category will include burst-fire pulse rifles, single-shot carbines and a range of full-auto assault rifles.
Once a player has developed a relationship with his/her weapon, it can be used for any character they create. The game is open to all types of class players like Hunter, Titan and Warlock.
It was also revealed that Bungie has put lot of efforts into the making of the guns - which are handmade and hand tuned.
The game will be releasing on 9 September 2014 for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.
(YouTube Courtesy: PlayStation)
Image credit: destinythegame
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- More ‘FIFA 15’ Issues Found in Companion App And Luis Suarez Ban; A PS4 Physical Disc Bundle Spotted
- Get Invite Codes to Ello the Social Networking Site That Is Viral On the Internet
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Demo Distribution Method For Australia Revealed, More Info Coming
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’: New Trailer Shows Off Customisation As Rogue PC Version Gets Spotted In UPlay
- 'Super Smash Bros' For Nintendo 3DS XL Can Hamper Gaming Experience Due To More Resistant Circle Pad
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate