Destiny: Developer Explains Armor, Loot and Weapons [VIDEO]
By Aditya Bhat | May 6, 2014 10:30 PM EST
Upcoming MMO action RPG title from Bungie, Destiny is one of the eagerly awaited video game in 2014. The developer has kept up the anticipation as it released a dev dairy video explaining the importance of armor, loot and weapons.
Destiny will be released in 2014.
Lars Bakken, lead designer at Destiny explains the weapons arsenal in the video contesting that the weapons are much bigger than that of the company's previous works. Bungie was the developer of past Halo games.
Players will be rewarded as they complete their missions and kill the enemies. This reward will allow players to upgrade the Guardians in "every conceivable way." Customization of armor depends upon the way the armor is projected in the game, depending upon the class and the ammunition that a particular player is using.
Bakken also revealed that when a player kills an enemy, they will be dropping loot just for the player.
In order to have the right amount of fire power to drive the aliens away, a player will get three different categories of guns:
- Primary weapon - Rifle and hand cannon.
- Special weapons - Shotgun sniper rifle and fusion rifle.
- Heavy weapon - Rocket launchers and heavy machine guns.
It was also revealed that there are more varietes in every category of gun the sub-categories like:
- Autorifle sub-category will include burst-fire pulse rifles, single-shot carbines and a range of full-auto assault rifles.
Once a player has developed a relationship with his/her weapon, it can be used for any character they create. The game is open to all types of class players like Hunter, Titan and Warlock.
It was also revealed that Bungie has put lot of efforts into the making of the guns - which are handmade and hand tuned.
The game will be releasing on 9 September 2014 for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.
(YouTube Courtesy: PlayStation)
Image credit: destinythegame
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- ‘GTA 5’ Online Updates Radio For PS4, Xbox One As Rockstar Brings Allies For New Sale
- Sony Xperia Z3 Five Things Unveiled: 2 Metres Water-Resistance, Sprint US, Specifications, LTE Certification, Sports Sensor
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans