American Idol Winner Scotty McCreery Robbed at Gunpoint
By Johnlee Varghese | May 6, 2014 10:11 PM EST
Three armed men robbed "American Idol" winner Scotty McCreery and his friends at gunpoint near the campus of North Carolina State University, where he is a student. The suspects have been apprehended.
The 20-year old country musician and friends were robbed by three armed men early on Monday morning at a Raleigh, North Carolina residence.
On his Facebook page, McCreery said,"Yes, it was definitely a very scary night. Luckily, my friends and I are safe and the Raleigh PD is on the case.I will share more when the time is right, but as of now we do not want to do or say anything that could hinder the investigation. Thanks to everyone for the prayers and support."
The Raleigh Police Department in its report stated that the home invasion took place at around 2 am near North Carolina State University's campus, where three armed suspects entered the property and took money, wallets and electronics from multiple victims before leaving, police said. Nobody was harmed in the robbery.
In his post, Scotty McCreery also thanked Raleigh Police Department. "A huge thank you to the Raleigh PD for their quick response and hard work in solving this case," he said.
The country music singer won the tenth season of American Idol on 25 May 2011. He further rose to fame with his debut studio album, Clear as Day, which was released in October 2011 and was certified platinum in the United States.
McCreery is a professed Christian and is a quarter Puerto Rican. He is also a sports fan and a Boston Red Sox fan.
Image credit: Facebook
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- MH370 Update: Australians Unveil New Map To Find The Missing Plane
- Ebola Virus 'Rapidly Mutating' as Research Finds Almost 400 Mutations; International Aid Moves at a Snail's Pace
- Court Grants Indian Man Divorce Over Wife’s Insatiable Sex Demands
- ISIS Threat: Australia Terror Alert Level at 'Medium' as Saudi King Warns of Attacks in Europe in a Month
- Shocking Ice Bucket Challenge Video: Man Drenches 10-Month-Old Granddaughter, Video Garnered Angry And Appalled Comments From Viewers
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen