Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime, Galaxy S5 Neo and Galaxy S5 Mini Release Date in June: What to Expect
By Precious Silva | May 6, 2014 10:03 PM EST
Samsung will reportedly release several new phones in June. According to a recent product listing, the company has been preparing three smartphones presumed to be the Samsung Galaxy Prime, Galaxy S5 Neo and the Galaxy S5 Mini. With new versions of the Samsung Galaxy S5 handset, what sets these models apart from the original model? What can people expect?
New Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone (L), Gear 2 smartwatch (C) and Gear Fit fitness band are displayed at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona February 23, 2014. Samsung Electronics unveiled a new smart watch and fitness band along with the latest version of its flagship Galaxy smartphone on Monday, demonstrating how the battleground for innovation is shifting from the hand to the wrist. Picture taken on February 23. REUTERS/Albert Gea
According to a report by NDTV, two new Samsung models were spotted on Indian import/ export website Zauba. The spotted smartphones featured model numbers SM-G750 and SM-G800. The listing describes the SM-G750 with 5.1-inch screen similar to what the Samsung Galaxy S5 comes with. The website listed another three variants under the SM-G750 model. These include the SM-G750A, SM-G750H and SM-G750F.
More importantly, the UAP or user agent profile of the mentioned model can be found on Samsung Mobile's web page. According to the UAP, the GM-750A model will feature a 2.3GHz ARM11 CPU (unidentified number of cores), Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and a 720p HD screen. As for the other versions of the SM-G750 models, they will come with an HD display offering up to 720 x 1280 pixels for resolution.
Looking at the features of the reported model hints that Samsung will be targeting the lower end section of the market. This is as opposed to the target market of the Samsung Galaxy S5. The lower end specs also suggest that it may be the more affordable Galaxy S5 Neo edition.
According to NDTIV, the SM-G750A may also refer to the AT&T edition of the device. Samsung has not made any official announcements yet.
The SM-G800 model, on other hand, may be the Samsung Galaxy S5 mini. The device listed specs include a 720 display and a 4.5-inch screen. There are also three variants under it: the SM-G800F, SM-G800A, and SM-G800H. Other reported specs are an 8MP primary camera, 2MP front camera, 16GB internal memory, 1.5GB RAM, quad-core Snapdragon processor 2100mAh battery and an IR blaster.
Android Community reported that the Galaxy S5 Prime edition will come with a QHD display offering 2560 x 1440 pixels for resolution and Exynos 5430 octa-core processor. The "Prime" label suggests Samsung wants to take the features further or better than the original Galaxy S5.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones