Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Defender Agrees to Join Barcelona on a Five-Year Deal
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 6, 2014 9:44 PM EST
Chelsea defender David Luiz has reportedly agreed to join La Liga giants FC Barcelona this summer.
Football Direct News claims that the Brazilian international has signed a five-year deal with the Catalan side, which will take effect once the summer window opens.
Chelsea defender David Luiz has reportedly signed a five-year deal with Barcelona that will take effect in the upcoming transfer window
The 27-year-old is a key member of Jose Mourinho's squad in the ongoing campaign, but has found himself out of his preferred position - in the middle of the back-line - being deployed as a defensive midfielder at times.
Nevertheless, he is seen as a perfect fit to Barca's system since he is a centre-back who is comfortable with the ball.
Luiz still has three more years in his contract after this season, but an unclear participation in the plans of the "Special One" might compel him to move to a club that would guarantee him a regular spot in the starting eleven.
The Blaugrana are trying to maximise FIFA's temporary lift of the recent transfer ban imposed on them, however, a fee has yet to be reached, with the west Londoners unwilling to receive an amount less than £20million.
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Manchester United Owners Set To Sell Club In £3B Deal After Acquiring Cristiano Ronaldo, Report Says
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates