Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Defender Agrees to Join Barcelona on a Five-Year Deal
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 6, 2014 9:44 PM EST
Chelsea defender David Luiz has reportedly agreed to join La Liga giants FC Barcelona this summer.
Football Direct News claims that the Brazilian international has signed a five-year deal with the Catalan side, which will take effect once the summer window opens.
Chelsea defender David Luiz has reportedly signed a five-year deal with Barcelona that will take effect in the upcoming transfer window
The 27-year-old is a key member of Jose Mourinho's squad in the ongoing campaign, but has found himself out of his preferred position - in the middle of the back-line - being deployed as a defensive midfielder at times.
Nevertheless, he is seen as a perfect fit to Barca's system since he is a centre-back who is comfortable with the ball.
Luiz still has three more years in his contract after this season, but an unclear participation in the plans of the "Special One" might compel him to move to a club that would guarantee him a regular spot in the starting eleven.
The Blaugrana are trying to maximise FIFA's temporary lift of the recent transfer ban imposed on them, however, a fee has yet to be reached, with the west Londoners unwilling to receive an amount less than £20million.
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports