MET Gala 2014 Best Dressed: Rihanna, Beyonce, Kristen Stewart, Selena Gomez and her Former BFF Taylor Swift [PHOTOS]
By Sonam Malik | May 6, 2014 8:29 PM EST
Met Gala 2014, one of the biggest fashion events of the year saw some of the best styles on the red carpet. Stars arrived dressed in couture gowns to celebrate the opening of the "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. With much pomp and show, the event was held at 2014 Costume Institute Benefit in New York City on May 5.
Some of the best dressed celebrities for the event included Selena Gomez, Taylor Swift, Emma Stone, Rihanna, Beyonce , Kristen Stewart and Lea Michele.
According to fashion analysis done by Hollywoodlife, Selena Gomez stunned in a berry colored gown by Diane von Furstenberg coupled with a classic hair do. She paired the look with jewelry from Lorraine Schwartz.and reports suggested that Gomez looked mature beyond her years.
Meanwhile, Gomez's ex BFF Taylor Swift picked up the color of season 'blush pink" for the gown. Taylor's couture for the event came from Oscar de la Renta collection and she did grabbed fashion critic's eyeballs for her classical look.
Just before walking down the MET Gala 2014 red carpet, Swift tweeted, "That moment when your cat casually walks up, then abruptly ATTACKS your custom satin Oscar de la Renta gown during your fitting for Met Ball."
Interestingly, Gomez and Swift were both present at the event and fans could not stop to wonder, what will happen if the two met. Now that Gomez has once again broken-up with Bieber, it is possible the former BFF's might rekindle their relationship.
"Taylor's hopeful that they will eventually be friends again. She misses Selena, but she's not interested in being friends with her if Justin is still in her life. Taylor thinks he's like an addiction for Selena and she's not going to enable her. This is tough love, but for sure Taylor still loves Selena, she always will, " Hollywoodlife quoted a source.
Meanwhile, Rihanna again set the temperature soaring with her bra less white gown look. RiRi wore a Stella McCartney for the event.
As per reports Kristen Stewart wore a sophisticated attire by Chanel.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Episode 6 Spoilers: Next Week Tests Relationships And Sees A Shocking Exit
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko