Unreal Tournament Likely to Return, Hints Developer
By Aditya Bhat | May 6, 2014 8:14 PM EST
Unreal Tournament fans will be all ears on 8 May as its developer, Epic Games has revealed that it will be holding a Twitch stream on 8 May at 2 pm ET. The FPS title is likely to return.
Paul Meegan, vice president of product development at Epic Games tweeted saying fans interested in uncovering the future of Unreal Tournament can tune in to the UnrealEngine channel on Twitch on the above mentioned time and date. These sentiments were further echoed by Mark Rein, co-founder and Dana Cowley, marketing manager at Epic Games in their tweets.
Unreal Tournament's future to be revealed on 8 May.
Further, Cowley posted a video clip link from YouTube that carries the phrase "first blood." The hashtags like #FirstBlood and #UnrealDev were included in the tweets.
These statements are in contrast to what Tim Sweeney, founder of Epic Games said during the GDC in March. "We're not [planning on] shipping an Unreal Tournament game," said Sweeney, CVG reported. "We have a lot of nostalgia for the game, but we're actually not developing anything in the Unreal game universe at all at the moment," he further added. But this might have been an attempt to keep the project a secret and "keep people off the trail", suggests Forbes.
Fans of Unreal Tournament have been asking for a new entry for several years now. The new game would be a right platform to show the power of Unreal Engine 4. The game was originally released in 1999 as for PC, Linux and Mac. In 2007, Unreal Tournament 3 was released for PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 and in 2009, Unreal Tournament 3: Black Edition was released for PC.
Though at this stage it is difficult to predict on what platforms the new Unreal Tournament might be released for, it is likely that the game will be for PC and next-generation consoles like PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Image credit: unrealtournament.com
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge: Top Reasons To Upgrade From Galaxy Note 3 Or Galaxy Note 2
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- iOS 8 Bugs: Minor, Moderate And Serious Issues Why Users Should Not Upgrade Immediately
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best