Hansal Mehta Unveils Footage of Upcoming Film 'Citylights' [PHOTOS]
May 6, 2014 8:06 PM EST
26-minute Footage Screening of Upcoming Film 'City Lights' in Mumbai.
A 26-minute footage screening of Hansal Mehta's directorial debut "Citylights" was held recently at Mumbai.
Lead actors Rajkummar Rao and Patralekha were present at the screening, along with Mahesh Bhatt and Mehta among others.
The film is said to be based on a story about a poor farmer Deepak Singh played by Rao, who comes from Rajasthan with his family hoping to get a better life in the big city of Mumbai. The film is an adaption of 2013 British film "Metro Manila."
The film is presented by Fox Star Studio in association with Mukesh Bhatt and Mahesh Bhatt.
During the event, Mehta appreciated Mahesh for giving him the directorial freedom and said: "I was surprised when I reached the sets on the first day in Rajasthan. I didn't see Mahesh Bhatt there. There was absolutely no interference from Bhatt saheb. He called me and said be fearless, have honesty and audacity," reported The Times of India.
The film is slated to hit screens on 30 May.
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People