Liverpool FC Transfer News: £25million Move for Argentine Defender in the Works
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 6, 2014 7:32 PM EST
Liverpool are reported to be plotting a £25million move to capture Sporting Lisbon defender Marcos Rojo this summer.
The Argentine has been no less than impressive this season in the Primeira Liga, an instant starter whenever he is made available for the Lions, helping them clinch the second place and concede the second-fewest goals with 19.
Liverpool set to make a £25million bid for Sporting Lisbon defender Marcos Rojo
As such, he is an almost definite fixture in Alejandro Sabella's squad that will play the World Cup finals in June.
Reds boss Brendan Rodgers is looking for a legitimate reinforcement who can challenge Glen Johnson at the left-back position, with injury-prone Jose Enrique expected to leave Merseyside in the off-season, while Aly Cissokho is set to return to his mother club - Valencia - after a season-long loan.
With only 2 years left in Rojo's contract, Sporting will be inclined to be making a huge profit out of their prized asset, whom they purchased from Russian side Spartak Moscow for a bargain price of £3million in 2012.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Proves He Can Read, Releases An Audio Of Him Reading
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group A Preview, Prediction, Roster, Schedule: Spain and Brazil To Clinch Top 2 Spots, France, Serbia, And Iran To Battle For Remaining Slots
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Team Preview: Puerto Rico Roster, Key Players And Schedule
- Kevin Love Tells Minnesota Timberwolves Owner Glen Taylor To Mind His Own Team
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Google Nexus 6 Release May Be the New Google Nexus X Smartphone as New Details Emerge