Liverpool FC Transfer News: £25million Move for Argentine Defender in the Works
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 6, 2014 7:32 PM EST
Liverpool are reported to be plotting a £25million move to capture Sporting Lisbon defender Marcos Rojo this summer.
The Argentine has been no less than impressive this season in the Primeira Liga, an instant starter whenever he is made available for the Lions, helping them clinch the second place and concede the second-fewest goals with 19.
Liverpool set to make a £25million bid for Sporting Lisbon defender Marcos Rojo
As such, he is an almost definite fixture in Alejandro Sabella's squad that will play the World Cup finals in June.
Reds boss Brendan Rodgers is looking for a legitimate reinforcement who can challenge Glen Johnson at the left-back position, with injury-prone Jose Enrique expected to leave Merseyside in the off-season, while Aly Cissokho is set to return to his mother club - Valencia - after a season-long loan.
With only 2 years left in Rojo's contract, Sporting will be inclined to be making a huge profit out of their prized asset, whom they purchased from Russian side Spartak Moscow for a bargain price of £3million in 2012.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Fernando Alonso Leaves Ferrari 'For Two Reasons'
- Roger Federer Says He Has Never Seen Rafael Nadal Play So Bad, Wishes That The Spaniard Recuperate Well From Appendicitis
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- Nick Kyrgios Holds Twitter Q&A, Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time And His Favourite Superhero
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Vivo Rumoured To Be Building World’s Thinnest Smartphone With 3.8 MM Thickness