Liverpool FC Transfer News: £25million Move for Argentine Defender in the Works
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 6, 2014 7:32 PM EST
Liverpool are reported to be plotting a £25million move to capture Sporting Lisbon defender Marcos Rojo this summer.
The Argentine has been no less than impressive this season in the Primeira Liga, an instant starter whenever he is made available for the Lions, helping them clinch the second place and concede the second-fewest goals with 19.
Liverpool set to make a £25million bid for Sporting Lisbon defender Marcos Rojo
As such, he is an almost definite fixture in Alejandro Sabella's squad that will play the World Cup finals in June.
Reds boss Brendan Rodgers is looking for a legitimate reinforcement who can challenge Glen Johnson at the left-back position, with injury-prone Jose Enrique expected to leave Merseyside in the off-season, while Aly Cissokho is set to return to his mother club - Valencia - after a season-long loan.
With only 2 years left in Rojo's contract, Sporting will be inclined to be making a huge profit out of their prized asset, whom they purchased from Russian side Spartak Moscow for a bargain price of £3million in 2012.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’