Liverpool FC Transfer News: £25million Move for Argentine Defender in the Works
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 6, 2014 7:32 PM EST
Liverpool are reported to be plotting a £25million move to capture Sporting Lisbon defender Marcos Rojo this summer.
The Argentine has been no less than impressive this season in the Primeira Liga, an instant starter whenever he is made available for the Lions, helping them clinch the second place and concede the second-fewest goals with 19.
Liverpool set to make a £25million bid for Sporting Lisbon defender Marcos Rojo
As such, he is an almost definite fixture in Alejandro Sabella's squad that will play the World Cup finals in June.
Reds boss Brendan Rodgers is looking for a legitimate reinforcement who can challenge Glen Johnson at the left-back position, with injury-prone Jose Enrique expected to leave Merseyside in the off-season, while Aly Cissokho is set to return to his mother club - Valencia - after a season-long loan.
With only 2 years left in Rojo's contract, Sporting will be inclined to be making a huge profit out of their prized asset, whom they purchased from Russian side Spartak Moscow for a bargain price of £3million in 2012.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Michael Schumacher Condition: Manager Sabine Kehm Says The 7-Time World Champion Is Making ‘Progress Appropriate To The Severity Of His Situation’
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]