Install DVU1AND2 Android v4.4.2 KitKat Software for Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900I [Tutorial]
By Rohit KVN | May 6, 2014 7:12 PM EST
Reuters / Albert Gea
New Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphones are seen on a display at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona
Android v4.4.2 KitKat firmware details:
Model name: Galaxy S5 SM-G900I
Version: Android v4.4.2
Build date: Fri, 11 April 2014 09:19:19 + 0000
Product code: XSAPDA: G900IDVU1AND2
Prerequisites (things to remember before installing the firmware in the smartphone):
- This Android v4.4.2 Software with build number DVU1AND2 must to be installed on Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900I model only.
- Installation of the firmware in the devices leads to a complete data wipe out, so make sure to back all your personal data.
- Users make sure they have installed USB drivers on the PC, to connect your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900I (users can download it here)
- Make sure the smartphone has more than 80 percent battery.
[Disclaimer: This procedure is very technical and should be performed by a person with sound knowledge of rooting (or manual software installation) of Android devices. If the step-by-step installation process is not followed properly, there are chances of the smartphone getting bricked or even being permanently irreparable. International Business Times, India Edition cannot be held responsible for any damage or claims from readers, if the procedure does not yield the required results or if the smartphone gets bricked. Hence users are advised to proceed with caution.]
Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900I DVU1AND2 Android v4.4.2 stock software installation tutorial:
Step 2: Then initiate Download mode in the phone, but first turn-off the device and then press hold the volume rocker (down)+home button+ power key; press them until you see the animated Android Bot and a triangle appear and then, once again press Power button to enter the download mode.
Step 3: Connect Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900I to your PC via USB chord [Note: users advised to install USB drivers in the PC before you go any further].
Step 4: Open ODIN on the PC and connect the smartphone while it is in the Download mode [Note: wait for the one of the ID:COM boxes to turn yellow; it indicates your device has established successful connection with the PC]
Step 5: Then it is time to select files that will enable flashing of the phone;
- Tap on 'AP' and select file with AP tag in it name
- Then tap 'CP' and select file with MODEM tag [If you don't find this file, it's fine, this won't stymie the installation]
- Tap on 'CSC', and select file with same CSC tag [again, If you don't find a file, it's fine, this won't stymie the installation]
- Tap on 'PIT' and select the .pit file [again, if you don't find a file, it's fine, this won't stymie the installation]
- Tap on 'BL', and select file same BL tag [again, if you don't find a file, it's fine, this won't stymie the installation]
[Note: If the phone owner is using a old version of ODIN for flashing, they will have trouble locating files, instead look for files- PDA, Boot Loader and Modem in place of AP, BL and CP respectively. The change in abbreviation used will not change the type of functionalities they have been assigned, says Team Android]
Step 6: Then in ODIN, select Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options. [Note: If user has found the .pit, only then select Re-Partition option]
Step 7: Now, initiate the installation process by pressing the Start button (on Odin)
Once initiated, your device (Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900I) would take a minimum five minutes to complete booting process. Users then head to Settings >> select About phone to confirm the installation of Android v4.4.2 with build number DVU1AND2.
[Credits: Team Android] (Ed: VP)
To contact the editor, e-mail: