Viral Video: Transgenders Teach Motorists Lesson about Road Safety in Unique Way [WATCH]
By Ankita Mehta | May 6, 2014 7:08 PM EST
A group of transgenders have come up with a unique way to convey a message of public interest on the streets of Mumbai.
The Seatbelt Crew
Transgenders, also known as hijra, are often seen asking money and giving blessing at the traffic signals across the country. But a group of transgenders in Mumbai have done something remarkable by teaching careless motorists about safety procedures while driving.
The group of transgenders, who call themselves Seatbelt Crew, has shot a video which gives out the message of importance of wearing seatbelt while driving.
The video, which has been shot at a traffic signal in Mumbai, shows a group of transgenders dressed as air crew members explaining motorists about how to wear a seatbelt.
"May I have your attention, please?" says the leader of the Seatbelt Crew in the video.
"If you are going to drive like a pilot, then you should know some things. Your vehicle doesn't have an oxygen mask. Under your seat you won't find a life jacket. But you have seat belt. So why aren't you wearing it, honey?" the leader says.
They later explained the steps on how to wear the seatbelt. They end the video by saying "Seat belt pehno, dua lelo".
The video has now gone viral and has been shared on social networking sites. It has been viewed more than 100,000 times since the time it was uploaded.
Time to wear your seat belts, people.— Seatbelt Crew (@SeatbeltCrew) May 5, 2014
Watch the video here:
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Robots May Be Used to Fight Ebola in West Africa; Australian PM Admits US, UK Asked For Medical Teams
- Decades-Long Mystery of Oklahoma Lake Solved, Missing Six Bodies Identified
- Gay Community In Liberia Persecuted For Ebola; Church Leaders Call Virus 'Punishment' For Homosexuality
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS