Viral Video: Transgenders Teach Motorists Lesson about Road Safety in Unique Way [WATCH]
By Ankita Mehta | May 6, 2014 7:08 PM EST
A group of transgenders have come up with a unique way to convey a message of public interest on the streets of Mumbai.
The Seatbelt Crew
Transgenders, also known as hijra, are often seen asking money and giving blessing at the traffic signals across the country. But a group of transgenders in Mumbai have done something remarkable by teaching careless motorists about safety procedures while driving.
The group of transgenders, who call themselves Seatbelt Crew, has shot a video which gives out the message of importance of wearing seatbelt while driving.
The video, which has been shot at a traffic signal in Mumbai, shows a group of transgenders dressed as air crew members explaining motorists about how to wear a seatbelt.
"May I have your attention, please?" says the leader of the Seatbelt Crew in the video.
"If you are going to drive like a pilot, then you should know some things. Your vehicle doesn't have an oxygen mask. Under your seat you won't find a life jacket. But you have seat belt. So why aren't you wearing it, honey?" the leader says.
They later explained the steps on how to wear the seatbelt. They end the video by saying "Seat belt pehno, dua lelo".
The video has now gone viral and has been shared on social networking sites. It has been viewed more than 100,000 times since the time it was uploaded.
Time to wear your seat belts, people.— Seatbelt Crew (@SeatbeltCrew) May 5, 2014
Watch the video here:
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- MH370 Update: Australians Unveil New Map To Find The Missing Plane
- Ebola Virus 'Rapidly Mutating' as Research Finds Almost 400 Mutations; International Aid Moves at a Snail's Pace
- Court Grants Indian Man Divorce Over Wife’s Insatiable Sex Demands
- ISIS Threat: Australia Terror Alert Level at 'Medium' as Saudi King Warns of Attacks in Europe in a Month
- Shocking Ice Bucket Challenge Video: Man Drenches 10-Month-Old Granddaughter, Video Garnered Angry And Appalled Comments From Viewers
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How