MET Gala 2014 Whackiest And Worst Dressed: Lupita Nyong Disappoints Big Time, So Does Sports Illustrated Model Kate Upton
By Sonalee singh | May 6, 2014 7:00 PM EST
Though Met Gala saw some of the best-dressed celebrities, it also saw some of celebs dressed in the worst possible dresses. Here is the list of celebs who shocked the fashion critics with their wackiest fashion sense:
According to Elizabeth Wagmeister of Hollywoodlife, one of the best-dressed celebrities of Hollywood Lupita Nyong'o went horribly wrong at MET Gala 2014. The "12 Year A Slave" actor was seen in green flapper inspired feather dress. She coupled her look with a green head band, but there was something clearly wrong with her nature inspired dress.
Kate Upton also made to the Wagmeister's worst dressed list. The Sports Illustrated super model can look good in almost anything and everything, but she got a thumbs down this time for he ruffled black dress. What really did not work in look was the 90's inspired hat.
Then comes Katie Holmes. Holmes unkempt hair and Disney princess inspired yellow gown did not get a nod from website either. Holmes tiny frame got lost in the overpowering dress. Moreover, the yellow color was not at all flattering.
Zoe Saldana came to the event in a black and white puffy frock. She kept her make-up simple for the event but did show umpteen cleavages. Saldana's look was also criticized.
Here are some of the Twitter reactions to the MET Gala worst and wackiest dressed celebrities:
Fustany's Team @Fustany wrote, "#KatieUpton you're beautiful and all, but what were you thinking going like that to the #METGala2014?"
Choupette Lagerfeld @ChoupettesDiary 6h
Poor Lupita Nyong'o, she got stuck in a net. Somebody call the fishermen! #MetGala #FauxPaw pic"
Choupette Lagerfeld @ChoupettesDiary wrote, "Somebody get Kate Upton a 2014 calendar. She looks like an old French maid (not that I mind maids). #MetGala #FauxPaw pic.twitter.com"
Laura Weston @LauLauWeston wrote:
Looking at the Met Ball Gala dresses has at least taken my mind off the football for a bit. Quelle disastre Kate Upton & Katie Holmes!
Film Fatale @FilmFatale_NYC wote:
I cannot with Zoe Saldana's #MetGala2014 dress - looks like she fought with her comforter...and lost: http://ht.ly/wvYHJ
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date