iPad Air 2 Release Date in Q4 to Include Waterproof Feature
By Kristin Dian Mariano | May 6, 2014 6:11 PM EST
iPad Air 2 release date was expected to happen in the fourth quarter of this year packed with waterproof feature.
Wiki Commons/Apple Inc.
Apple iPad Air
Waterproof devices are hardly new in the market. The feature was spearheaded by the Sony Xperia line. The new Samsung Galaxy S5 also boasts the said feature. However, this is the first time that Apple will make a waterproof device.
Aside from being waterproof, GottaBeMobile also reported that the next generation of Apple's tablets will also pack a TouchID fingerprint sensor just like its brother - iPhone 5S. This was supported by a few lines of code found in iOS 7.1 reports.
The fingerprint sensor was one of the speculated features of the upcoming Apple tablets. Current iPad models skipped this particular feature despite the fact that it was packed in iPhone 5S, which was launched earlier than the new iPads.
Meanwhile, Macrumors claimed that iPad Air 2 features will include the Touch ID, an A8 processor, and an improved 8MP back camera.
The report continued that while Apple dedicates its time in developing iPad Air 2, this puts the iPad Pro and iPad Mini 3 on the side line. To the dismay of Apple fans, iPad Air 2 may be the only tablet consumers will see this year. Reliable Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo thought that Apple's priority is with the iPad Air 2.
"Compared with lower-margin iPad mini with Retina display, which shipments has been tepid, higher-margin iPad Air was a hot selling item in 4Q13, which will slow Apple in developing new iPad mini models," wrote the KGI Securities analyst in his note to investors.
"We believe Apple plans to launch upgraded iPad Air early this year, and will accelerate development of 12.9″ iPad," she added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111SELECT latest_id FROM site_artdata WHERE type='ib_articles_day2ago' Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111SELECT tid as num FROM biztimes_stats.stats_articles_au_pop WHERE maincat_id='6' AND outkey='Y' AND tid> ORDER BY hits DESC LIMIT 15Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111SELECT article_id as num FROM ib_categories_index WHERE tid=6 ORDER BY article_id DESC LIMIT 5
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine