iPad Air 2 Release Date in Q4 to Include Waterproof Feature
By Kristin Dian Mariano | May 6, 2014 6:11 PM EST
iPad Air 2 release date was expected to happen in the fourth quarter of this year packed with waterproof feature.
Wiki Commons/Apple Inc.
Apple iPad Air
Waterproof devices are hardly new in the market. The feature was spearheaded by the Sony Xperia line. The new Samsung Galaxy S5 also boasts the said feature. However, this is the first time that Apple will make a waterproof device.
Aside from being waterproof, GottaBeMobile also reported that the next generation of Apple's tablets will also pack a TouchID fingerprint sensor just like its brother - iPhone 5S. This was supported by a few lines of code found in iOS 7.1 reports.
The fingerprint sensor was one of the speculated features of the upcoming Apple tablets. Current iPad models skipped this particular feature despite the fact that it was packed in iPhone 5S, which was launched earlier than the new iPads.
Meanwhile, Macrumors claimed that iPad Air 2 features will include the Touch ID, an A8 processor, and an improved 8MP back camera.
The report continued that while Apple dedicates its time in developing iPad Air 2, this puts the iPad Pro and iPad Mini 3 on the side line. To the dismay of Apple fans, iPad Air 2 may be the only tablet consumers will see this year. Reliable Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo thought that Apple's priority is with the iPad Air 2.
"Compared with lower-margin iPad mini with Retina display, which shipments has been tepid, higher-margin iPad Air was a hot selling item in 4Q13, which will slow Apple in developing new iPad mini models," wrote the KGI Securities analyst in his note to investors.
"We believe Apple plans to launch upgraded iPad Air early this year, and will accelerate development of 12.9″ iPad," she added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 4: San Francisco Giants 11, Kansas City Royals 4 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery