TVS Launches Star City+ (Plus) in India, Draken Inspired Apache in the Making; Price, Availability Details
By greeshma m | May 6, 2014 6:10 PM EST
Chennai based auto giant TVS Motor unveiled a new bike in India, dubbed Star City+ with a price tag of 44,000 at an ex-showroom, Delhi.
Launched in Chennai, TVS's new offering in the domestic market is the refreshed version of its existing model Star City. TVS Star City+, the latest in the Star range is powered by the same 109.7cc single cylinder air-cooled engine, which is re-tuned to offer a maximum power of 8.18 bhp at 7000 rpm and a peak torque of 8.1 Nm at 5000 rpm. The engine comes mated to a 4 speed gearbox and the TVS's latest motorbike claims better fuel efficiency of 83.9 kmpl.
The bike will come in four colours- Celebrity Scarlet, Oscar Black, Show Stopper Blue and Titanium Grey and will be pitted against the Bajaj Discover 100M, Mahindra Centuro, Hero Splendor Pro and Honda Dream Yuga. Talking of the features offered in new TVS motorbike, it comes with dual tone seat, stainless steel muffler guard, chrome finished handlebar and shock absorbers besides the service indicator, power/economy models and electric start.
TVS, which currently sells Star City, Sports, Apache RTR and Phoenix in the motorbike segment in the country is looking to expand its business in India in coming months. The company which plans to launch a new product in every quarter will launch new Apache later in this year. The upcoming Apache of TVS is inspired by the Draken concept of the company, which was showcased at the Delhi Auto Expo 2014, according to a report of IndianAutos Blog.
Draken is a concept fully loaded with premium features like structural sub-frame, short tail, LED headlamp with daytime running lights, ABS and digital speedometer paired with a reversed free flow technology. Although it is not clear which of these would feature in the upcoming Apache, reports suggest that the new Apache would be a striking offering from TVS.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Man Swindles Apple for $309,768 in 16 States
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report
- Who's The Boss: Tech World's Top 10 CEO's Revealed
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- MH17: Shrapnel Hits Plane, Russia Calls for UN-led Investigation