TVS Launches Star City+ (Plus) in India, Draken Inspired Apache in the Making; Price, Availability Details
By greeshma m | May 6, 2014 6:10 PM EST
Chennai based auto giant TVS Motor unveiled a new bike in India, dubbed Star City+ with a price tag of 44,000 at an ex-showroom, Delhi.
Launched in Chennai, TVS's new offering in the domestic market is the refreshed version of its existing model Star City. TVS Star City+, the latest in the Star range is powered by the same 109.7cc single cylinder air-cooled engine, which is re-tuned to offer a maximum power of 8.18 bhp at 7000 rpm and a peak torque of 8.1 Nm at 5000 rpm. The engine comes mated to a 4 speed gearbox and the TVS's latest motorbike claims better fuel efficiency of 83.9 kmpl.
The bike will come in four colours- Celebrity Scarlet, Oscar Black, Show Stopper Blue and Titanium Grey and will be pitted against the Bajaj Discover 100M, Mahindra Centuro, Hero Splendor Pro and Honda Dream Yuga. Talking of the features offered in new TVS motorbike, it comes with dual tone seat, stainless steel muffler guard, chrome finished handlebar and shock absorbers besides the service indicator, power/economy models and electric start.
TVS, which currently sells Star City, Sports, Apache RTR and Phoenix in the motorbike segment in the country is looking to expand its business in India in coming months. The company which plans to launch a new product in every quarter will launch new Apache later in this year. The upcoming Apache of TVS is inspired by the Draken concept of the company, which was showcased at the Delhi Auto Expo 2014, according to a report of IndianAutos Blog.
Draken is a concept fully loaded with premium features like structural sub-frame, short tail, LED headlamp with daytime running lights, ABS and digital speedometer paired with a reversed free flow technology. Although it is not clear which of these would feature in the upcoming Apache, reports suggest that the new Apache would be a striking offering from TVS.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- Biggest Australian IPO in 4 Years as Healthscope Could Raises $2.12 Billion
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales