TVS Launches Star City+ (Plus) in India, Draken Inspired Apache in the Making; Price, Availability Details
By greeshma m | May 6, 2014 6:10 PM EST
Chennai based auto giant TVS Motor unveiled a new bike in India, dubbed Star City+ with a price tag of 44,000 at an ex-showroom, Delhi.
Launched in Chennai, TVS's new offering in the domestic market is the refreshed version of its existing model Star City. TVS Star City+, the latest in the Star range is powered by the same 109.7cc single cylinder air-cooled engine, which is re-tuned to offer a maximum power of 8.18 bhp at 7000 rpm and a peak torque of 8.1 Nm at 5000 rpm. The engine comes mated to a 4 speed gearbox and the TVS's latest motorbike claims better fuel efficiency of 83.9 kmpl.
The bike will come in four colours- Celebrity Scarlet, Oscar Black, Show Stopper Blue and Titanium Grey and will be pitted against the Bajaj Discover 100M, Mahindra Centuro, Hero Splendor Pro and Honda Dream Yuga. Talking of the features offered in new TVS motorbike, it comes with dual tone seat, stainless steel muffler guard, chrome finished handlebar and shock absorbers besides the service indicator, power/economy models and electric start.
TVS, which currently sells Star City, Sports, Apache RTR and Phoenix in the motorbike segment in the country is looking to expand its business in India in coming months. The company which plans to launch a new product in every quarter will launch new Apache later in this year. The upcoming Apache of TVS is inspired by the Draken concept of the company, which was showcased at the Delhi Auto Expo 2014, according to a report of IndianAutos Blog.
Draken is a concept fully loaded with premium features like structural sub-frame, short tail, LED headlamp with daytime running lights, ABS and digital speedometer paired with a reversed free flow technology. Although it is not clear which of these would feature in the upcoming Apache, reports suggest that the new Apache would be a striking offering from TVS.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery