Motorola Moto E: Everything We Know So Far
By Pavithra Rathinavel | May 6, 2014 5:53 PM EST
Motorola is planning on launching a new model of its Moto series, the Moto E, with an attractive price and added value for money. The compact handset is expected to target the price-sensitive segment. Here is a look at all the information specific to Moto E collated so far.
A man walks by a video display at the Motorola booth on the second day of the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas. (Credit: Reuters)
The Moto E comes with a 4.3 inches display with 540 x 960 pixels resolution. The handset is a light-weight device which is 6.2 mm thick but there is no official word on the weight of the device.
Hardware and Software
The upcoming device from Motorola is powered by a dual-core processor, likely to be either Qualcomm or MediaTek, which is clocked at 1.2 GHz. The handset is expected to house 1 GB of RAM. On the other hand, the Moto E will be running the latest Android KitKat v4.4.2 out-of-the-box.
The Moto E houses a 5-MP rear-facing camera that is capable of capturing photos up to 2,592 х 1,944 pixels, with LED flash, and a 1.3-MP front-facing camera unit.
The Moto E will offer only a 4 GB of internal storage but the silver lining is that the handset supports microSD card slot for expansion up to 32 GB.
Moto E will house a lowly Li-Ion 1,900 mAh battery unit but by considering other parameters and features of this phone, the handset should be able to last for a day with a single charge.
The upcoming Motorola Moto E will support Micro-Sim and it also offers Dual-Sim support (Stand-by mode).
The Moto E has a black or a white front panel. In addition, there will be an assortment of colors to choose from for its back panel, which is same as Moto G.
According to initial rumors, the Moto E 4 GB would cost US$230 but according to the recent reports, the handset will be priced roughly around US$100.
It is worth noting that, the price of Moto E in Indian markets is tipped to be Rs 8,999, according to Gadgetstouse. This roughly translates to US $149 and AU $160.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast