Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners Boss Reveals Whether He'll Leave or Not
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 6, 2014 5:45 PM EST
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is not going anywhere just yet, at least, until next season, according to him.
The Frenchman's future has been in doubt after the mid-season, when the Gunners failed to hold on to the top spot of the Premier League table after a blistering start.
“I don't know [when I will sign a new deal]. I told you many times that my word is my word. i am from a period where you did not need a pen to commit.” - Arsene Wenger
"My last time will come! You will get rid of me one day, don't worry," Wenger spoke of his managerial reign at the Emirates via the club's Website.
While a deal has yet to be reduced in writing, the 64-year-old made an assurance that he will be back in the upcoming campaign, reiterating that a contract is just a mere formality as far as he is concerned.
"I don't know [when I will sign a new deal]. I told you many times that my word is my word. i am from a period where you did not need a pen to commit," he added.
"Look at me! You will see me again."
"It is not linked [with the FA Cup final] at all. It was important to be in the Champions League, that is for sure. I have told you many times it is not linked the fact I feel I am useful."
When prompted with a question on whether he feels that he can still help the team, he answered: "Yes. But you have to decide that as well!"
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Wants To Talk To Manny Pacquiao About Super Fight If Filipino Beats Chris Algieri
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Manchester United News: Angel Di Maria’s Exit And Hummels’ Future Move
- Rafael Nadal Gives Li Na Flowers, A Teary Farewell At Beijing China Open
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money