Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners Boss Reveals Whether He'll Leave or Not
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 6, 2014 5:45 PM EST
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is not going anywhere just yet, at least, until next season, according to him.
The Frenchman's future has been in doubt after the mid-season, when the Gunners failed to hold on to the top spot of the Premier League table after a blistering start.
“I don't know [when I will sign a new deal]. I told you many times that my word is my word. i am from a period where you did not need a pen to commit.” - Arsene Wenger
"My last time will come! You will get rid of me one day, don't worry," Wenger spoke of his managerial reign at the Emirates via the club's Website.
While a deal has yet to be reduced in writing, the 64-year-old made an assurance that he will be back in the upcoming campaign, reiterating that a contract is just a mere formality as far as he is concerned.
"I don't know [when I will sign a new deal]. I told you many times that my word is my word. i am from a period where you did not need a pen to commit," he added.
"Look at me! You will see me again."
"It is not linked [with the FA Cup final] at all. It was important to be in the Champions League, that is for sure. I have told you many times it is not linked the fact I feel I am useful."
When prompted with a question on whether he feels that he can still help the team, he answered: "Yes. But you have to decide that as well!"
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Rafael Nadal To Kick Off 2015 Season At The Mubadala World Tennis Championship, Undergoes Knee Treatment Prior Appendectomy
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery