Viral YouTube Video on 100 Days of Dance Adds Check on Kid's Bucket List
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | May 6, 2014 5:20 PM EST
Who says writing a bucket list is only for the sick and the dying? Apparently this is not the case for Youtube user ProjectOneLife whose real name is Matt Bray from Naperville, Illinois.
His latest video accomplishment was listed on his bucket list No. 117: Complete 100 days of dance which he did to the famous tune of Jamiroquai's "Canned Heat." He uploaded the video of his victory on YouTube and it has already amassed more than 1.9 million views and over 22,000 likes in just a matter of three days.
According to the description of the viral video, Matt thinks that the idea was cool. "The reason this was on the bucket list was because i thought it was a really cool, unique idea that i came up with and i wanted to make sure i saw it through, so I popped it on the bucket list to guarantee that i would complete it."
Why 100 days? Matt explained on his video description that the time lapse video technically took 120 days to finish but 100 days sounds better. "I wanted to do something along the lines of take a picture of myself everyday for a year but different. I eventually came up with the idea of 100 days of dance, I really didn't want to do this for a year so i thought 100 days seemed pretty good."
Matt set up a GoPro camera on his cabinet and recorded himself dancing his butt to the same dance over and over again every single day for the next 120 days. He then spliced and edited the daily videos by one second each and compiled it into an awesome time lapse video.
By dancing the same butt kicks, arm actions, and body routine, the video flow seemed like a continuous dance move. Viewers will just notice the hilarious attire changes, the additional things at the sides like laptop being charged, mobile phone etc, and the lightning changes throughout the dance.
"Overall it was pretty fun dancing every day and this was one of my more unique ideas and I'm pretty glad how it turned out," Matt stated.
What a way indeed to check off a bucket list!
Watch the viral video on YouTube.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’