MET Gala 2014 Awkward Reunion: Jake Gyllenhaal and Taylor Swift Run into Each Other [PHOTOS]
May 6, 2014 4:59 PM EST
MET Gala 2014 Fashion: Jake Gyllenhaal and Taylor Swift Run into Each Other at the MET Gala! (PHOTOS)
The melting pot of high fashion happened within the confines of the Costume Institute Gala on May 5, 2014. The annual fund-raiser for the Metropolitan Museum Costume Instiute suddenly became home to dozens of stunning gowns and suits worn by today's most famous celebrities. This year's fashion show is titled "Charles James: Beyond Fashion."
Of course, the fashionable gathering was not without any issues; attracting hundreds of celebrities in the industries, those with existing tensions between each other encountered numerous awkward run-ins. Probably the most salient awkward encounter is that of the "Red" songstress Taylor Swift and "Brokeback Mountain" actor Jake Gyllenhaal.
The tension between the two was conspicuous. Taylor Swift, who previously dated Jake Gyllenhaal, was said to be left heartbroken by the actor after he allegedly snubbed Swift's 21st birthday. The chanteuse reportedly waited all night for the actor during her birthday bash-much to her disappointment when the "Love and Other Drugs" thespian did not show up. Reports then claim that the Grammy-nominated singer allegedly locked herself in the bathroom crying-thereby ruining her own 21st celebrity studded birthday bash. Now at the MET Gala, the two were obviously cold toward each other.
Taylor Swift, however, did not fail to look dazzling in her Oscar de la Renta gown. Fit for a princess, the "I Knew You Were Trouble" singer easily snagged the photographers' attention with her stunning pink ensemble. Jake Gyllenhaal, on the other hand, donned a white coat complete with a black dress shirt and trousers.
The awkward encounters did not end there for TSwift; the songstress allegedly ran into her ex-best friend Selena Gomez, who looked stunning in a burgundy gown by designer Diane Von Furstenberg. The 21-year old actress graced the red carpet alongside Jessica Alba and designer Diane Von Furstenberg. The two former best buds did not look too enthusiastic to see each other. After allegedly being called "boring" by Selena Gomez, fans can understand Taylor Swift's disposition towards the troubled 21-year old actress.
The "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" show is co-chaired by Bradley Cooper, Sarah Jessica Parker and Vogue editor Anna Wintour, among others.
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Things to Know About ‘Surprising, Explosive Ending’ of Andi Dorfman’s Season
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC One E8 (Plastic Variant of HTC One M8) with 5-Inch Display, Dual-SIM, 801 Processor and 2 GB RAM to Hit New Markets Soon
- iPhone 6 Release Date in September 26 with Price Details and More Killer Features
- Apple iPad Mini Air: Three Fresh Features on the Smart Tablet to Wait for
- 4.7-Inch iPhone 6 Release Date is Sept 26 after iOS 8 GM Public Debut on Sept 17 – Reports