MET Gala 2014 Awkward Reunion: Jake Gyllenhaal and Taylor Swift Run into Each Other [PHOTOS]
May 6, 2014 4:59 PM EST
MET Gala 2014 Fashion: Jake Gyllenhaal and Taylor Swift Run into Each Other at the MET Gala! (PHOTOS)
The melting pot of high fashion happened within the confines of the Costume Institute Gala on May 5, 2014. The annual fund-raiser for the Metropolitan Museum Costume Instiute suddenly became home to dozens of stunning gowns and suits worn by today's most famous celebrities. This year's fashion show is titled "Charles James: Beyond Fashion."
Of course, the fashionable gathering was not without any issues; attracting hundreds of celebrities in the industries, those with existing tensions between each other encountered numerous awkward run-ins. Probably the most salient awkward encounter is that of the "Red" songstress Taylor Swift and "Brokeback Mountain" actor Jake Gyllenhaal.
The tension between the two was conspicuous. Taylor Swift, who previously dated Jake Gyllenhaal, was said to be left heartbroken by the actor after he allegedly snubbed Swift's 21st birthday. The chanteuse reportedly waited all night for the actor during her birthday bash-much to her disappointment when the "Love and Other Drugs" thespian did not show up. Reports then claim that the Grammy-nominated singer allegedly locked herself in the bathroom crying-thereby ruining her own 21st celebrity studded birthday bash. Now at the MET Gala, the two were obviously cold toward each other.
Taylor Swift, however, did not fail to look dazzling in her Oscar de la Renta gown. Fit for a princess, the "I Knew You Were Trouble" singer easily snagged the photographers' attention with her stunning pink ensemble. Jake Gyllenhaal, on the other hand, donned a white coat complete with a black dress shirt and trousers.
The awkward encounters did not end there for TSwift; the songstress allegedly ran into her ex-best friend Selena Gomez, who looked stunning in a burgundy gown by designer Diane Von Furstenberg. The 21-year old actress graced the red carpet alongside Jessica Alba and designer Diane Von Furstenberg. The two former best buds did not look too enthusiastic to see each other. After allegedly being called "boring" by Selena Gomez, fans can understand Taylor Swift's disposition towards the troubled 21-year old actress.
The "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" show is co-chaired by Bradley Cooper, Sarah Jessica Parker and Vogue editor Anna Wintour, among others.
- Budget 2014: Treasurer Joe Hockey Acknowledges Unpopularity of 1st Coalition Budget, Which Includes 16,000 Job Cuts & Deficit Tax
- Japan merchandise trade balance
- Could The Syrian Downing Of A Turkish Jet Bring In NATO?
- Breast Cancer iPhone App Enlists Hunky Men to Remind Women About Self-Examination
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles