ISI Planning Bomb-Blasts in Airports? All South Indian Airports on High Alert after Detained Agent ‘Reveals Plot’
By Gopi Chandra Kharel | May 6, 2014 4:58 PM EST
The Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS) has warned that terror groups may attack an airport in the South.
Following the warning, all major airports in South India have been put on high alert. International airports in Bangalore, Hyderabad, Kochi, Mangalore, Chennai and Thiruvananthapuram have been put on high alert, IBNLive reported.
ISI planning momb-blasts in airports? All South Indian Airports are on high alert after captured Agent ‘reveals plot’. (Photo: Wikimedia Commons/Freakyyash)
The local police have reportedly been asked to intensify the random checking of all vehicles and the passengers near the airports and in and around the roads leading to these airports.
According to intelligence sources cited by various media outlets, the suspected ISI agent, who was interrogated after being arrested at the Chennai airport last week, has revealed a plot of car-bomb attacks. According to this source, the Sri Lankan national has revealed that the ISI is planning to attack an airport or a vital installation in the South.
The warning has been taken very seriously as it comes only days after the 1 May blast at the Chennai Central Railway station inside the Bangalore-Guwahati Express which killed a 24-year-old woman and left 14 others injured. The blast had come only days after the arrest of the suspected ISI agent in Chennai - and led to the speculation that the blast could have been conducted by ISI.
"In view of the above, the following security measures are required to be strengthened by all agencies concerned to prevent any act of unlawful interference with civil aviation operations," Sharath Sriniva, regional deputy commissioner, BCAS, wrote in a letter quoted by various news sources on 2 May.
Security measures taken by the officials include, strict access control to regulate entry into the terminal buildings and around the airport, city-side counter-terrorist measures, enhanced random screening at entry points to terminal buildings and strict screening of passengers before boarding, Live Mint reports.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- Immediate Deaths After Ice Bucket Challenge Are Hoaxes Gone Viral: Neck Injury And Hypothermia Killed Two People Performing The Stunt
- Risky Selfies That Were Taken A Few Seconds Before Tragedy Struck
- ISIS Update: Executioner of James Foley with British Accent Identified as ‘John’
- ISIS Beheading US Journalist James Foley Sparks Outrage, Netizens Demand 'All-Out War'
- Viral Video Missouri Mall: Back-To-School Promo Of East Hills Mall In Missouri Goes Viral As Terrible Mall Ad [WATCH VIDEO]
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015