MET Gala 2014 Best Dressed Couple Feud: Jay Z, Beyonce vs Kim Kardashian, Kanye West [Photos]
May 6, 2014 4:54 PM EST
MET GALA 2014: Best Dressed Couple Feud: Jay Z, Beyonce vs Kim Kardashian, Kanye West [Photos]
The hotspot for arts, fashion and entertainment combined can be none other than the MET Gala Awards. The red carpet at the Costume Institute Gala, which is a highly attended and celebrated fund-raiser for the Metropolitan Museum Costume Institute, served as an avenue for celebrities to flaunt their designer gowns and suits. This year's MET Gala is titled "Charles James: Beyond Fashion."
This year's show was all about dressing up in a formal fashion. Among those named as Best Dressed according to various polls include the "Red" chanteuse Taylor Swift who donned an Oscar de la Renta stunning pink gown that trailed the red carpet. The newest face of Chanel, Kristen Stewart, also took the stage by a storm by wearing an exquisite black Chanel gown. The darling of the awards season, Lupita Nyong'o, has also reinforced herself as a fashion icon after attending the ball with a Prada-designed gown. Rihanna did not fail to exude her chic yet grungy style in a white Stella McCartney ensemble.
Aside from the ball being a fundraiser, the event is also a hotspot for celebrity controversies. Some awkward run-ins were also witnessed during the event, most especially that between power couple Beyonce & Jay Z and Kanye Wes & Kim Kardashian. It can be remembered that Beyonce allegedly treated Kim Kardashian coldly when the two ran into each other in a Los Angeles derma clinic.
Jay Z, on one hand, has also expressed his condition before attending Kanye West's wedding to the Kardashian which might have potentially caused tension between the two rappers. Jay Z has maintained that he would only grace the wedding if the cameras were kept at bay-no filming of the guests for the reality show.
Could the feud that is ensuing between the two power couple also spilled over to the MET Gala Awards?
The two couples definitely showed off their designer gowns and suits as they arrived on the red carpet. The "Drunk in Love" singers Jay Z and Beyonce arrived in high fashion-both donning intricately designed Givenchy suit and gown respectively. Not to be outdone, Vogue cover couple Kim Kardashian and Kanye West arrived on the red carpet looking regal in a Lanvin gown and suit.
- Budget 2014: Treasurer Joe Hockey Acknowledges Unpopularity of 1st Coalition Budget, Which Includes 16,000 Job Cuts & Deficit Tax
- Japan merchandise trade balance
- Could The Syrian Downing Of A Turkish Jet Bring In NATO?
- Breast Cancer iPhone App Enlists Hunky Men to Remind Women About Self-Examination
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners