MET Gala 2014 Best Dressed Couple Feud: Jay Z, Beyonce vs Kim Kardashian, Kanye West [Photos]
May 6, 2014 4:54 PM EST
MET GALA 2014: Best Dressed Couple Feud: Jay Z, Beyonce vs Kim Kardashian, Kanye West [Photos]
The hotspot for arts, fashion and entertainment combined can be none other than the MET Gala Awards. The red carpet at the Costume Institute Gala, which is a highly attended and celebrated fund-raiser for the Metropolitan Museum Costume Institute, served as an avenue for celebrities to flaunt their designer gowns and suits. This year's MET Gala is titled "Charles James: Beyond Fashion."
This year's show was all about dressing up in a formal fashion. Among those named as Best Dressed according to various polls include the "Red" chanteuse Taylor Swift who donned an Oscar de la Renta stunning pink gown that trailed the red carpet. The newest face of Chanel, Kristen Stewart, also took the stage by a storm by wearing an exquisite black Chanel gown. The darling of the awards season, Lupita Nyong'o, has also reinforced herself as a fashion icon after attending the ball with a Prada-designed gown. Rihanna did not fail to exude her chic yet grungy style in a white Stella McCartney ensemble.
Aside from the ball being a fundraiser, the event is also a hotspot for celebrity controversies. Some awkward run-ins were also witnessed during the event, most especially that between power couple Beyonce & Jay Z and Kanye Wes & Kim Kardashian. It can be remembered that Beyonce allegedly treated Kim Kardashian coldly when the two ran into each other in a Los Angeles derma clinic.
Jay Z, on one hand, has also expressed his condition before attending Kanye West's wedding to the Kardashian which might have potentially caused tension between the two rappers. Jay Z has maintained that he would only grace the wedding if the cameras were kept at bay-no filming of the guests for the reality show.
Could the feud that is ensuing between the two power couple also spilled over to the MET Gala Awards?
The two couples definitely showed off their designer gowns and suits as they arrived on the red carpet. The "Drunk in Love" singers Jay Z and Beyonce arrived in high fashion-both donning intricately designed Givenchy suit and gown respectively. Not to be outdone, Vogue cover couple Kim Kardashian and Kanye West arrived on the red carpet looking regal in a Lanvin gown and suit.
- Budget 2014: Treasurer Joe Hockey Acknowledges Unpopularity of 1st Coalition Budget, Which Includes 16,000 Job Cuts & Deficit Tax
- Japan merchandise trade balance
- Could The Syrian Downing Of A Turkish Jet Bring In NATO?
- Breast Cancer iPhone App Enlists Hunky Men to Remind Women About Self-Examination
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 15, 2014: Liam Confronts Quinn About Her Secret Regarding Paris [WATCH VIDEO]
- Kylie Jenner Admits Butting Heads With Kim Kardashian And Reveals Plans To Move Out
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Apple iOS 8 Can Trump Google Android 5.0 L Upon September 17 Release
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Twitter Photo Of British Medical Muslima Student Holding Severed Head
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet