MET Gala 2014 Best Dressed Couple Feud: Jay Z, Beyonce vs Kim Kardashian, Kanye West [Photos]
May 6, 2014 4:54 PM EST
MET GALA 2014: Best Dressed Couple Feud: Jay Z, Beyonce vs Kim Kardashian, Kanye West [Photos]
The hotspot for arts, fashion and entertainment combined can be none other than the MET Gala Awards. The red carpet at the Costume Institute Gala, which is a highly attended and celebrated fund-raiser for the Metropolitan Museum Costume Institute, served as an avenue for celebrities to flaunt their designer gowns and suits. This year's MET Gala is titled "Charles James: Beyond Fashion."
This year's show was all about dressing up in a formal fashion. Among those named as Best Dressed according to various polls include the "Red" chanteuse Taylor Swift who donned an Oscar de la Renta stunning pink gown that trailed the red carpet. The newest face of Chanel, Kristen Stewart, also took the stage by a storm by wearing an exquisite black Chanel gown. The darling of the awards season, Lupita Nyong'o, has also reinforced herself as a fashion icon after attending the ball with a Prada-designed gown. Rihanna did not fail to exude her chic yet grungy style in a white Stella McCartney ensemble.
Aside from the ball being a fundraiser, the event is also a hotspot for celebrity controversies. Some awkward run-ins were also witnessed during the event, most especially that between power couple Beyonce & Jay Z and Kanye Wes & Kim Kardashian. It can be remembered that Beyonce allegedly treated Kim Kardashian coldly when the two ran into each other in a Los Angeles derma clinic.
Jay Z, on one hand, has also expressed his condition before attending Kanye West's wedding to the Kardashian which might have potentially caused tension between the two rappers. Jay Z has maintained that he would only grace the wedding if the cameras were kept at bay-no filming of the guests for the reality show.
Could the feud that is ensuing between the two power couple also spilled over to the MET Gala Awards?
The two couples definitely showed off their designer gowns and suits as they arrived on the red carpet. The "Drunk in Love" singers Jay Z and Beyonce arrived in high fashion-both donning intricately designed Givenchy suit and gown respectively. Not to be outdone, Vogue cover couple Kim Kardashian and Kanye West arrived on the red carpet looking regal in a Lanvin gown and suit.
- Budget 2014: Treasurer Joe Hockey Acknowledges Unpopularity of 1st Coalition Budget, Which Includes 16,000 Job Cuts & Deficit Tax
- Japan merchandise trade balance
- Could The Syrian Downing Of A Turkish Jet Bring In NATO?
- Breast Cancer iPhone App Enlists Hunky Men to Remind Women About Self-Examination
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy