MET Gala 2014 Best Dressed Couple Feud: Jay Z, Beyonce vs Kim Kardashian, Kanye West [Photos]
May 6, 2014 4:54 PM EST
MET GALA 2014: Best Dressed Couple Feud: Jay Z, Beyonce vs Kim Kardashian, Kanye West [Photos]
The hotspot for arts, fashion and entertainment combined can be none other than the MET Gala Awards. The red carpet at the Costume Institute Gala, which is a highly attended and celebrated fund-raiser for the Metropolitan Museum Costume Institute, served as an avenue for celebrities to flaunt their designer gowns and suits. This year's MET Gala is titled "Charles James: Beyond Fashion."
This year's show was all about dressing up in a formal fashion. Among those named as Best Dressed according to various polls include the "Red" chanteuse Taylor Swift who donned an Oscar de la Renta stunning pink gown that trailed the red carpet. The newest face of Chanel, Kristen Stewart, also took the stage by a storm by wearing an exquisite black Chanel gown. The darling of the awards season, Lupita Nyong'o, has also reinforced herself as a fashion icon after attending the ball with a Prada-designed gown. Rihanna did not fail to exude her chic yet grungy style in a white Stella McCartney ensemble.
Aside from the ball being a fundraiser, the event is also a hotspot for celebrity controversies. Some awkward run-ins were also witnessed during the event, most especially that between power couple Beyonce & Jay Z and Kanye Wes & Kim Kardashian. It can be remembered that Beyonce allegedly treated Kim Kardashian coldly when the two ran into each other in a Los Angeles derma clinic.
Jay Z, on one hand, has also expressed his condition before attending Kanye West's wedding to the Kardashian which might have potentially caused tension between the two rappers. Jay Z has maintained that he would only grace the wedding if the cameras were kept at bay-no filming of the guests for the reality show.
Could the feud that is ensuing between the two power couple also spilled over to the MET Gala Awards?
The two couples definitely showed off their designer gowns and suits as they arrived on the red carpet. The "Drunk in Love" singers Jay Z and Beyonce arrived in high fashion-both donning intricately designed Givenchy suit and gown respectively. Not to be outdone, Vogue cover couple Kim Kardashian and Kanye West arrived on the red carpet looking regal in a Lanvin gown and suit.
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- The Bachelor Update: Find Out if Juan Pablo and Nikki Ferrell Are Still With Each Other
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers