Jeremy Clarkson Given Final Warning After Latest Racial Row
By Anne Lu | May 6, 2014 4:26 PM EST
Jeremy Clarkson has been given a final warning by the British network BBC after he was caught in a racist row.
The “Top Gear” presenter was caught reciting a nursery rhyme on his show and using a word that sounded like the racial slur “n****r.”
Clarkson denied using the “extremely distasteful” term, but admitted that it really sounded like he did when he watched the footage, which was released by the tabloid The Mirror.
He begged for forgiveness for the leak of the tape, while continuing to deny that he had used the racist term.
The deleted scene was shot two years ago, while the episode was aired in February.
Nevertheless, there were calls from some people to have him fired from the show, which the BBC seemed to have listened to.
Clarkson admitted that he has received his final warning from the network following his latest controversy.
“I’ve been told by the BBC that if I make one more offensive, remark, anywhere at any time, I will be sacked,” he wrote on The Sun.
“It’s funny. I’ve always thought I’d be sacked for something I said. Not for something that actually I didn’t say.”
It wasn’t the first time Clarkson has been quoted in a racial row.
In 2009 while in Australia, Clarkson called British Prime Minister Gordon Brown a “one-eyed Scottish idiot,” which was condemned by the Royal National Institute of Blind People, as well as Scottish politicians. He apologised for calling out Brown’s monocular blindness, but not for calling him an idiot.
He also angered the Welsh after writing on The Sun that the United Nations should start thinking about abolishing Welsh and other languages.
Recently, the BBC was forced to apologise for Clarkson’s “light-hearted” joke while filming the show in Myanmar and Thailand. He referred to a “slope” on a bridge, apparently not aware that the term is a racially offensive term for Asians.
It seems that Clarkson’s woes are not limited to his public persona and his job security. A new report claims that his wife of 21 years will be divorcing him soon.
According to The Daily Mail, Frances Clarkson, 52, went on a holiday in Majorca to “toast the end of their marriage.”
“Apparently, Francie had a really jolly boozy time because she is finally getting a divorce from Jeremy and she was celebrating that,” a source told the UK paper. “All her friends have been waiting for years for her to do it and she finally has.”
Frances, Clarkson’s second wife, raises three children with him. She and the TV presenter have allegedly been living apart for three years already.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoiler: Revelation Of Reason Why Penny, Leonard ‘Not’ Getting Married Soon
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- ‘True Blood’: Identity Of Sookie’s Husband In Final Episode Thank You Revealed
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Spoilers: Juice Ratting Gemma Out To Jax, Unser Helping New Sheriff
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Cersei Lannister – Possible Deviation From The Books
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- European Central Bank Advises Action to Boost Demand and Employment In EU